• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

NBH_WM7_AKU_6176_WWE_for_HTC_MONDRIAN

Search This thread

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006
Cool. So what are the next steps guyz... I have no idea of cooking or porting, but just interested in knowing the process involved on a HIGH LEVEL in Layman language. Just so even ppl like us also understand what kind of time energy and dedication goes into chefs like you who are involved in getting this OS on our respective devices.

Atlease from what I have heard or saw (like in one of the Win Phone ads), the most probable of the existing devices out there for this OS is HD2. Again, I could be totally off with this, but just based on the SnapDragon, Capacitive, RAM and other specs of HD2 makes me think this might be the most compatible device for now.

Of course, the fact that I own one does not mean anything ;)

In Layman terms, the WM7 is an OS but require the necessary drivers to work with the different hardware like HD2, Diamond2, etc....

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
this is so fantastic news. looking forward to a nice hd2 wm7 rom.

thanks sniper for releasing..and thx to the devs for pushing it and starting to create tools :D

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
Hi guys! I guess I can't flash this ROM to my Kaiser, is it difficult to port to the HTC Kaiser?

Flashing it would brick your Kaiser or any other device immediately.
There's not yet known much about porting it, we'll have to wait.
Although I think the Kaiser will have much less change because the hardware is outdated (differs a lot from WP7 requirements) and there is not much demand. HD2 will be the first device to get it.

Edit: @insestito
No, see my post above.

kriDje

Oct 9, 2009
Alblasserdam, Zuid-Holland
Flashing it would brick your Kaiser or any other device immediately.
There's not yet known much about porting it, we'll have to wait.
Although I think the Kaiser will have much less change because the hardware is outdated (differs a lot from WP7 requirements) and there is not much demand. HD2 will be the first device to get it.

Edit: @insestito
No, see my post above.
Okay thanks ;)

(I was already planning to to buy a HD2 this summer :))

Reactions: 20degrees

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Hey :)

After further examining the file, there is indeed an IMGFS inside, the D000FF format appears to be a new "store" type of .bin, will need to figure out the format for it to pull out imgfs (because just cutting in a hex editor gives you some invalid data)

Also, IMGFS is compressed with XPH (rather than XPR or LZX as we're used to)

HazzBazz

Aug 21, 2009
It's all great news. HTCpedia should be contacted immediately to help with OPEN porting. No news handset will have hardware dramatically different to the HD2 coming of of HTC for the next few months, so hopefully this should be portable...we just need the experts over here now...should whack this o'er to chef central with porting issues as they appear.

nordicfastware

Oct 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Great moment

Hi Da_G and Al. I gotta say I don't understand most of what you are saying, but I got myself an HD2 recently for office travelling work etc... and I get this as great news ! I really hope there will a port to HD2 real soon ! (Several months before M$ !!!)

What does HTC Mondrian means ?

Keep up the good work !:):):):)

gianton

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9

After further examining the file, there is indeed an IMGFS inside, the D000FF format appears to be a new "store" type of .bin, will need to figure out the format for it to pull out imgfs (because just cutting in a hex editor gives you some invalid data)

great to see some progress mate!

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Cool. So what are the next steps guyz... I have no idea of cooking or porting, but just interested in knowing the process involved on a HIGH LEVEL in Layman language. Just so even ppl like us also understand what kind of time energy and dedication goes into chefs like you who are involved in getting this OS on our respective devices.

Atlease from what I have heard or saw (like in one of the Win Phone ads), the most probable of the existing devices out there for this OS is HD2. Again, I could be totally off with this, but just based on the SnapDragon, Capacitive, RAM and other specs of HD2 makes me think this might be the most compatible device for now.

Of course, the fact that I own one does not mean anything ;)

In Laymans terms, at the moment there is a ROM but using the existing tools will not extract the contents so cooks go in and change parts of it before compiling/glueing it back together again. See at it as some sort of new Zip format we can't open or make yet. I hope this is is simple enough for now.

MonteCristoffOn

Oct 9, 2005
About Mondrian

About this new HTC device, the name seems well inspired by the artist's work...

mondri10.jpg

Piet Mondrian, the WP7 tiles precursor!

:cool:

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru

Hi. You're right :) Barin (asusmobile) already found XIP and IMGFS (the same ident: F8AC2C9DE3D42B4DBD30916ED84F31DC - MS was lazy to change :) ) Now the job is to move away extra data....

In a couple of hours we can talk about that (you know my skype) :) Hopefully it works.... In case I'm not online - Barin will be in touch with you - he knows your skype.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts