How To Guide [NE2213] How to enable VoLTE (OnePlus 10 Pro 5G)

Search This thread

sebastien13

Jun 11, 2008
IMG_20230227_155059.jpg

sebastien13

Jun 11, 2008
the activation of the volte and vowifi depends on the sim that we enter into the phone my operator has the volte and the vowifi but the chip is not recognized by the oneplus 10 pro that's why I tried that and it works for me otherwise I didn't have volte and vowifi and I didn't want to root my phone

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
OnePlus 10 Pro
the activation of the volte and vowifi depends on the sim that we enter into the phone my operator has the volte and the vowifi but the chip is not recognized by the oneplus 10 pro that's why I tried that and it works for me otherwise I didn't have volte and vowifi and I didn't want to root my phone
yes this is true, VoLTE and VoWIFI works according to the device and the operator in use. Like in Italy Iliad (free mobile) has neither VoLTE nor VoWIFI even if the device supports both.

p.y.

Oct 5, 2022
I tried sebastien's method, and I now see the VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling options in the settings->mobile network->Sim 1 page (they never showed up before).

However, I do not see volte/vowifi icons in status bar. I'm not sure exactly how to test whether vowifi/volte is working without the icons.

I will say that I've rebooted my phone several times and the settings are still there.

acostmisa

Apr 7, 2016
I tried sebastien's method, and I now see the VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling options in the settings->mobile network->Sim 1 page (they never showed up before).

However, I do not see volte/vowifi icons in status bar. I'm not sure exactly how to test whether vowifi/volte is working without the icons.

I will say that I've rebooted my phone several times and the settings are still there.
Same thing here, I've already rebooted several times and the icon doesn't appear in the status bar. In the settings I can see the VoLTE and VoWIFI options. When I call the icon is H+

p.y.

Oct 5, 2022
If you not stay on 4g during a call, VoLTE doesn't work, see this my Reply , check IMS status it's the only thing that proves if it works the VoLTE/VoWIFI.
Yup, can confirm that volte is not working here (Freedom Mobile in Canada) using sebastien's method. It caused the volte/vowifi options display in sim settings, but when I make a call, data drops to 3G. IMS Status shows Volte as unavailable.

I think this method can replace step 3 in the guide without root, but still need root for steps 4/5.

Reactions: phoneaoio

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yup, can confirm that volte is not working here (Freedom Mobile in Canada) using sebastien's method. It caused the volte/vowifi options display in sim settings, but when I make a call, data drops to 3G. IMS Status shows Volte as unavailable.

I think this method can replace step 3 in the guide without root, but still need root for steps 4/5.
Exact just check the IMS, if it shows "not available" it means that even if you have done the steps correctly it will not work for the following possible reasons:
1) Your carrier's VoLTE doesn't work on all devices
2) Your carrier's VoLTE works only on a list enabled by your carrier.
Also i think this method just replaces point 3 which in the end doesn't change much, the good thing for sebastien is that VoWIFI works and it doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

Mandraquinet

Jul 2, 2012
Lyon
j ai activé volte sans root avec ce lien https://github.com/kyujin-cho/pixel-volte-patch ,ca fonctionne sur oneplus 10 pro
Hi,
I'm also with the provider YouPrice and I didn't have VoWIFI or VoLTE. I installed Pixel IMS via procedure of your link above and it worked for me! I also made a ticket to YouPrice, they told me that they knew about the problem and that they had transmited the problem. And strangely, since yesterday, my IMS status is authenticated! So I don't need Pixel IMS anymore. Also, I don't know if it's the provider who did anything or it's the fact of having installed Pixel IMS that unlocked VoWIFI and VoLTE! Finally, the main thing being that it works now.

sebastien13

Jun 11, 2008
hello ims was not registered after with pixel ims I was registered I think it comes from your operator for whom it does not work
IMG_20230306_132736.jpg

sebastien13

Jun 11, 2008
as you can see on the status bar of my image the volte icon does not appear but the vowifi yes and it works

Mandraquinet

Jul 2, 2012
Lyon
Yes but I wasn't registered until yesterday, and now yes. I don't need Pixel IMS anymore. I have VoWIFI and VoLTE because when I make a call I am in 4G (LTE). VoWIFI works fine ;-)

Jan 17, 2015

S /\ E E D I have OP10Pro 2215. Can I convert it on 2213 easily? Just with downloading Localupdate and rom you uploaded.

is it safe? and will it remove everything from phone?​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2024 March 19 Update: I recommend to use this guide as it's working without root access

A lot of things changed with OnePlus brand, now they are exactly same as Oppo (OxygenOS 13 and ColorOS 13 are exactly same)
    I believe OnePlus 9 Pro was the last real OnePlus smartphone.
    R.I.P. OnePlus and OxygenOS !!
    By the way this isn't the point of this thread, so let's start the process:

Unfortunately you need root access to enable VoLTE, also you need a windows PC for this.
    Warning: do it at your own risk, I'm not responsible if somethings goes wrong for you !!

In my opinion, OnePlus created a whitelist for carriers and if your carrier is not on the list, you can't use VoLTE, even though it fully supports it !! WTF OnePlus ?!!
    Before with OnePlus 9 Pro we could enable VoLTE by LogKit and EngineerMode
    Now with OnePlus 10 Pro you are out of luck because LogKit doesn't work at all and you can't easily access to EngineerMode !!
    Fortunately, still we can enable it 😊

Note: If your phone model is NE2215 i recommend you to convert it to NE2213 with OPLocalUpdate app as NE2213 supports more 4G bands

0- Extract stock boot.img from payload.bin

Download one of below Full ROMs:
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.597(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.593(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.591(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.580(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.522(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.521(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13.1.0.520(EX01)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.30
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.26
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.22
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.21
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.20
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.19
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 13 C.17 (Android 13 Beta 2)
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 12 A.15
    [NE2213] OxygenOS 12 A.12 (Android 12 Rollback)

You can find payload.bin in Full ROM zip file
    Use payload_dumper to extract boot.img
    Code:
    python3 payload_dumper.py --images boot payload.bin
    Another option to doing this is FastbootEnhance which is a windows GUI app

1- Prepare your PC

Unzip Platform-Tools (You should add the directory path to "Environment Variables > System variables > Path")
    Check if you installed platform tools correctly:
    Search for cmd, right click on it and select "Run as administrator"
    Type "adb --version" and hit the enter button
    If the output shows adb version that means you installed platform tools correctly
    Install Qualcomm USB Drivers
    Install QPST

2- Prepare your phone

Enable "Developer options" (click on "Settings > About device > Version > Build number" several times)
    Go to "Settings > System settings > Developer options" and enable "OEM unlocking" + "USB debugging"
    Connect your phone to PC in MTP mode (File Transfer)
    Open cmd (Run as administrator) and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    Allow USB Debugging for your PC in the phone
    Now type "fastboot flashing unlock"
    On your phone you should see a message about unlocking the bootloader
    With volume up/down you can move between options
    Select Unlock boot loader option with power button (It will wipe your data)
    Done, the phone bootloader is unlock now.
    Since you unlocked the bootloader you should enable developer options again
    Install latest version of Magisk (Download apk from here)

Patch stock boot.img:
    Transfer stock boot.img to your phone
    Open Magisk and select install
    Choose "Select and Patch a File" then click on "LET'S GO"
    You can find the patched boot in "Download" directory
    Transfer it to your PC

Temporary root access:
    Open cmd (Run as administrator) and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    Allow USB Debugging for your PC in the phone
    Type "fastboot boot patched_boot.img" (change patched_boot.img to whatever your filename is)

Permanent root access:
    After booting, Open Magisk and click on install again
    Now select "Direct Install (Recommended)" then click on "LET'S GO"
    Done, you have a permanent root access now

Note: There are some guides that suggest you a way to update with OTA when you have root access
    But i don't recommend it, because it's risky and you may get into bootloop
    ** IGNORE OTA UPDATE while you have root access **

3- LogKit alternative

With LogKit you could bring back "VoLTE calls" and "Wi-Fi calling" to sim settings
    As i mentioned before LogKit no longer works on OnePlus 10 Pro
    To achieve this:

Install "VoLTEEnabler" magisk module and reboot
    Now you should see the options in "Settings > Mobile network > SIM 1"

4- EngineerMode alternative

With EngineerMode we could enable "Full-port switch" to working with PDC
    By root access you can achieve this easily:

1- Connect your phone to PC in MTP mode
    2- Open cmd and type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    3- Switch to root user (For first time you need to grant root access to adb on your phone) :
    Code:
    su
    4- Enable Full-port switch:
    Code:
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

5- Last step

Open PDC app (It's included in QPST)
    Open device dropdown and select your phone
    Find "Oversea-Commercial_DS" or "Common-Commercial" and make sure both Sub0 and Sub1 are Inactive (for me both were Inactive by default)
    Find "Commercial-DT-VOLTE" and Active it for both Sub0 and Sub1 (right click on it > SetSelectedConfig > click on Sub0 ... do the same for Sub1 ... now both are Pending, click on Activate)
    BOOM! you can see "VoLTE" icon on your status bar 😉

Screenshot_2022_08_26_17_26_17_65_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Note: You should repeat steps 4 and 5 after each reboot 😟
    Anyway, it's better than nothing 😌
    If someone found a permanent way please share it with the community 😇

[Edit] Just one more step:
    Remove the default profile ("Oversea-Commercial_DS" or "Common-Commercial") to keep VoLTE active after device reboot
    (Thanks to @ash083)

>> Final word

This is my first and last OnePlus phone!
    OnePlus completely destroyed OxygenOS (Say hi to MiUi [ColorOS] by OnePlus [OPPO] !!!)
    Almost 99% people buy OnePlus to enjoy stock android experience with a bunch of customization options.
    For me OnePlus is dead.
    I will buy google pixel 7 pro next year and don't let any of my family member or my friends buy from this FAKE BRAND (OnePlus) !!!

If this topic was useful for you press the thanks button
    😄
    No need to use SecrecyAutoUnlocker if you're rooted.
    QPST port can be opened with adb command
    not sure about PDC but I use efsTools and efs explorer to enable volte.
    Also, engineermode is still accessible with this magisk module I made. It doesn't require that decrypt tool. Flash this module, reboot and type *#649010# to open ports. And btw Engineermode's main activity is *#36446337#

Just got the latest Oxygen 14 update. On a whim, I retried the Shizuku/Pixel IMS method, and it looks like VOLTE is working now.

I'm on Freedom Mobile in Canada, and have not rooted. Just tried to make a call and noticed I stayed in 4G (before it would drop to H+).

I am also seeing a VoLTE icon in my notification bar.

Also tried rebooting, and tested, and VoLTE was still enabled. Very happy!
    Hi
    Followed everything but never got the voLTE icon on the statusbar
    Dude, first make sure your carrier supports VoLTE ...

Install "5G Only" app:

You need to check "Voice Service" and "Voice Network Type" values.

Here is mine 👇🏻
    IMG_20220909_095413.jpg

As you can see:
    Code:
    Voice Service: In Service
    Voice Network Type: LTE
    No need to use SecrecyAutoUnlocker if you're rooted.
    QPST port can be opened with adb command
    not sure about PDC but I use efsTools and efs explorer to enable volte.
    Also, engineermode is still accessible with this magisk module I made. It doesn't require that decrypt tool. Flash this module, reboot and type *#649010# to open ports. And btw Engineermode's main activity is *#36446337#
    Thanks!
    With root access we don't need EngineerMode at all 😊