Need a logo designed for a new dev project for vz gs4

Search This thread

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
@Treken @hlxanthus and I are starting a new project under the team name OctOS.

I'm not entirely sure where the name came from fully. Treken and I were tossing names around for our collaborated git. All the super-cereal names were taken(like epic, uber, massive, greatness, betterthanπ^3, and manbearpig). Somehow we were talking about various animals and got on Octopi. I forget all the reasons for why an Octopus is cool, besides being able to camouflage, hunt, and ink stuff.

We could design our own logo(and will if we have to). But we are all busy working on our various projects for this and our current releases. Trek said I should post and ask the talented folks on here if they'd give it a shot.

So we need a logo, banner, and potentially ideas for future bootanimations. The logo primarily needs to be suitable for an aroma splash screen.

Basically, I'm sick of team logos that use:
block lettering from generic-fonts-r-us; anything morbid, death related, or dark/evilesque; lenseflares; seriousness(life is too serious)

I imagine it being a big cartoony googly eyed Octopus that is colorful and carefree. :)

If anyone wants to get involved with the project(logos, theming, or dev). Hit us up. We welcome anyone that's of similar mindset. :)

Why a team?
We wanted to work together on this and provide a great ROM with great user support. Too often you will find Devs(especially in teams) that are too good to answer questions from newbies, too proud to talk and discuss issues they are trying to overcome, and unwilling to help other dev groups out because it doesnt benefit them. We believe that Linux and Android are still community built and supported. Without sharing the information we gain we don't grow.

My friend Grommish has also setup a dedicated buildbot box for the project. :) Once we get rolling we can set scheduled updates. :good:

It's not so much about a team and banners as it is about the proven support the members give each other and the users

Info on the project:
The project will a source built, multi carrier, eventually multi platform, 4.3 AOSP based, Google Edition ROM. It will feature all the extras and mods that my current 4.2.2 build has and should be 100% stable in all the included aroma preconfigs.

Mod note:
I wasn't sure where exactly to put this as it directly relates to the Verizon gs4 first and foremost. Until we have the vzw version working the others will be waiting.

sent from my Verizon Galaxy sIV

Last edited:

Treken

Nov 27, 2010
Houston
The name comes from the Greek word "Okto" and Latin word "Octo" meaning eight. Eight is the number symbolizing new begining. We are assembling a team that is focused on advancement of android by working through problems together and overcoming any obstacles that may arise. It seems that there are some out there that are very haughty and feel like the community owes them. We want to change up the pace by offering a team that cares about not only finding solutions to problems in a ROM but listening to input the user has to offer because the bottom line is the user will remain loyal if they know their best interest is in mind. Hang in there, we're about to take you on an epic adventure that will for sure leave you satified. ;)

Last edited:

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
wrx4memp is notorious for doing an outstanding job on bootanimations and he has helped many devs including myself with this.

He'd be my first pick for a logo.

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
Is this where the new rom will be posted or will there be another thread (or is there one already)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

This is just to potentially get logos/splash screens made. :good: it will be posted correctly in original Dev when it's ready. :)

If not it's not a huge deal because we know how to use gimp and pshop. But we think some others could do a better job.

Reactions: iraheta

JaeKay

Feb 27, 2013
Just a suggestion! I like minimalistic logos, and here's a rough sketch on s memo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378324192543.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378324192543.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,206

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Eight is also the lucky number in Chinese.

I know your said no serious, but octopi are pretty badass (cthulhu etc). Maybe over the top sinister to the point of being comical?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
Eight is also the lucky number in Chinese.

I know your said no serious, but octopi are pretty badass (cthulhu etc). Maybe over the top sinister to the point of being comical?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Like with a monocle, bowlers hat, and a cigar. Big boss-topi style :)

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
That's frickin' awesome, lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Treken @hlxanthus and I are starting a new project under the team name OctOS.

I'm not entirely sure where the name came from fully. Treken and I were tossing names around for our collaborated git. All the super-cereal names were taken(like epic, uber, massive, greatness, betterthanπ^3, and manbearpig). Somehow we were talking about various animals and got on Octopi. I forget all the reasons for why an Octopus is cool, besides being able to camouflage, hunt, and ink stuff.

We could design our own logo(and will if we have to). But we are all busy working on our various projects for this and our current releases. Trek said I should post and ask the talented folks on here if they'd give it a shot.

So we need a logo, banner, and potentially ideas for future bootanimations. The logo primarily needs to be suitable for an aroma splash screen.

Basically, I'm sick of team logos that use:
    block lettering from generic-fonts-r-us; anything morbid, death related, or dark/evilesque; lenseflares; seriousness(life is too serious)

I imagine it being a big cartoony googly eyed Octopus that is colorful and carefree. :)

If anyone wants to get involved with the project(logos, theming, or dev). Hit us up. We welcome anyone that's of similar mindset. :)

Why a team?
    We wanted to work together on this and provide a great ROM with great user support. Too often you will find Devs(especially in teams) that are too good to answer questions from newbies, too proud to talk and discuss issues they are trying to overcome, and unwilling to help other dev groups out because it doesnt benefit them. We believe that Linux and Android are still community built and supported. Without sharing the information we gain we don't grow.

My friend Grommish has also setup a dedicated buildbot box for the project. :) Once we get rolling we can set scheduled updates. :good:

It's not so much about a team and banners as it is about the proven support the members give each other and the users

Info on the project:
    The project will a source built, multi carrier, eventually multi platform, 4.3 AOSP based, Google Edition ROM. It will feature all the extras and mods that my current 4.2.2 build has and should be 100% stable in all the included aroma preconfigs.

Mod note:
    I wasn't sure where exactly to put this as it directly relates to the Verizon gs4 first and foremost. Until we have the vzw version working the others will be waiting.

The name comes from the Greek word "Okto" and Latin word "Octo" meaning eight. Eight is the number symbolizing new begining. We are assembling a team that is focused on advancement of android by working through problems together and overcoming any obstacles that may arise. It seems that there are some out there that are very haughty and feel like the community owes them. We want to change up the pace by offering a team that cares about not only finding solutions to problems in a ROM but listening to input the user has to offer because the bottom line is the user will remain loyal if they know their best interest is in mind. Hang in there, we're about to take you on an epic adventure that will for sure leave you satified. ;)
    Treken Grommish and I all have diff builds compiling now to test things(gromms being sprint). Hlx is going crazy on a wicked bootanimation.

Tomorrow regardless I need to finish doing some update stuff to ge 4.2.2 and miui. Got sucked into this project fast.

Going well though I'd say.

Made a new one when I had more time. Honest thoughts?