• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

need a real noob friendly guide for rooting and flashing

Search This thread

tdssmarty16

May 13, 2014
guys rn3 is an amazing device and it has got amazing developement going on which makes me wanna try the range of amazing custom roms available for this device
however there are so many damn complications like different methods of unlocking bootloaders,different twrps,boot patching files etc.
although there are some good guides available they are still not noob friendly in my opinion and the fact that there are so many threads made by people who brick there redmi note 3 is a proof of that

i am new to the rn3 developement forums and terms like fastboot rom developer rom edl are all confusing to me at this point developement has reached to a level that i believe it is really difficult for someone who is a noob to even try flashing cm

all i want is a really really noob friendly guide which covers in complete detail all the instructions related to these topics

1. bootloader unlock , which method to choose and why
2.twrp version best recommended for flashing both miui and custom roms
3.need for patching boot file and in which
cases
4.any other stuff you might think is necessary

Last edited:

Archit9169

May 13, 2016
Lucknow
guys rn3 is an amazing device and it has got amazing developement going on which makes me wanna try the range of amazing custom roms available for this device
however there are so many damn complications like different methods of unlocking bootloaders,different twrps,boot patching files etc.
although there are some good guides available they are still not noob friendly in my opinion and the fact that there are so many threads made by people who brick there redmi note 3 is a proof of that

i am new to the rn3 developement forums and terms like fastboot rom developer rom edl are all confusing to me at this point developement has reached to a level that i believe it is really difficult for someone who is a noob to even try flashing cm

all i want is a really really noob friendly guide which covers in complete detail all the instructions related to these topics

cases
Bootloader: Go with the official way. The tool can be used again and again as long as you got the permission. There are many cases of bootloop and bricked phones when using unofficial method. Just goto miui unlock page and login with you id, you will get unlock permission within a week.
Download miunlock tool and follow the onscreen instructions.

Twrp: use the official version or if you want f2fs (which is not that big of a deal) thestrixs twrp. I prefer the official one. Reasons: no idea. The cofface version is for those who want twrp to remain unchanged even when they are using miui rom. If you plan to port to cm or anyother rom no need for cofface. The alka version lets you backup every single partition and allow you restore them seperately. No need to use this as you can always use miflash to flasb miui rom again. The only backup you will ever need is efs which can be done with any version.

I prefer a partition dump instead of twrp backup. If you want to know how to create a fool proof backup of efs see my guide. Just search it under discussions and you will find it.

Boot image:
There is no need. The custom cooked boot image is only eequired if you use miui and want to keep stock recovery from replacing twrp. Again why do all this when you can flash twrp again.

Any other stuff:
You can check out guides for installing rom, xposed, i dont know.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

cases
Bootloader: Go with the official way. The tool can be used again and again as long as you got the permission. There are many cases of bootloop and bricked phones when using unofficial method. Just goto miui unlock page and login with you id, you will get unlock permission within a week.

Twrp: use the official version or if you want f2fs (which is not that big of a deal) thestrixs twrp. I prefer the official one. Reasons: no idea. The cofface version is for those who want twrp to remain unchanged even when they are using miui rom. If you plan to port to cm or anyother rom no need for cofface. The alka version lets you backup every single partition and allow you restore them seperately. No need to use this as you can always use miflash to flasb miui rom again. The only backup you will ever need is efs which can be done with any version.

I prefer a partition dump instead of twrp backup. If you want to know how to create a fool proof backup of efs see my guide. Just search it under discussions and you will find it.

Boot image:
There is no need. The custom cooked boot image is only eequired if you use miui and want to keep stock recovery from replacing twrp. Again why do all this when you can flash twrp again.

Any other stuff:

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

cases

Boot image:

Any other stuff:

Reactions: tdssmarty16

tdssmarty16

May 13, 2014
thanx a lot helping out mahn
will go with the official unlock
and official twrp
i have been waiting a lot to try cm 13 :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

cases

Boot image:

Any other stuff:

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

cases

Boot image:

Any other stuff:

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

cases

Boot image:

Any other stuff: