• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need alternative to sammobile

Search This thread

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010
I am in desperate need to get the firmware for my g930f - BGL csc specifically. Since Sammobile free is down for maintenance, I am stuck. Are there any mirrors or archives I can use? I tried updato.com but it got me the wrong file with wrong CSC.

What are my options at the moment?

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Actually that's exactly what I used and it downloaded the Polish CSC not BGL which is what I needed. At least that's what autodiscovery did. With manual, it does not find the right firmware at all even though I am copying and pasting the details from their website.

What about one of the other Bulgaria CSCs ?

DXX3b8T.png

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010
Try this (Click "Slow Speed" for free download)

Code:
https://samsung-firmware.org/model/SM-G930F/region/BGL/

Using a download manager with multiple concurrent connections might help with the speed

Thanks, trying it out now. I guess the site has a pretty strong protection as none of the managers that I tried could do multi segment. Estimated completion is 12 hours, but oh well... its the best I can do at the moment.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
If you post in the updato thread and let the owner know the wrong firmware is being downloaded he'll no doubt sort that for you too

Reactions: sapiora

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010
Thank you Detection for all your help! I actually got tired of it and installed the PHN firmware via SamFirm. It has the latest Oct 1 patch and seems to be updated regularly... still unbranded. I should be OK with it, right?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Thank you Detection for all your help! I actually got tired of it and installed the PHN firmware via SamFirm. It has the latest Oct 1 patch and seems to be updated regularly... still unbranded. I should be OK with it, right?

Yea you'll be fine, just means you'll get OTA updates for that CSC now rather than whatever you were on before, only real differences I've heard about switching CSCs is features such as VoLTE and WiFi calling etc

Reactions: azsamsancho

serxhio

Feb 8, 2011
sammobile troubles

I'm willing to solve your troubles regarding sammobile downloads.. I have a paid account and have no problems downloading at fast speeds. so if anyone would be willing to exchange favors or to tip through pp or some crypto, would be welcome. would do it for free, too, for the community. just pm me or send me a mail.

Top Liked Posts