Question Need assistance installing custom ROM

Search This thread

lyor

Apr 3, 2015
I have a brand new Redmi Note 10 Pro, and I can't install custom ROM (or anything for that matter) because I can't transfer the .zip to the phone while it's on recovery mode.
I've already tried it with the latest official TWRP and the latest OrangeFox ([email protected]_2), but the results are the same.
Basically, after I installed the recovery via fastboot, I formatted the data (typed "yes") and then I couldn't access the files from my PC.
I think it might be because the wrong drivers are installed (please see the pic).
Also, it has a weird name, M2101K6G instead of Redmi Note 10 Pro.

When I try to access it, I see 2 drives for some reason, and I can't write anything on them.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have a brand new Redmi Note 10 Pro, and I can't install custom ROM (or anything for that matter) because I can't transfer the .zip to the phone while it's on recovery mode.
I've already tried it with the latest official TWRP and the latest OrangeFox ([email protected]_2), but the results are the same.
Basically, after I installed the recovery via fastboot, I formatted the data (typed "yes") and then I couldn't access the files from my PC.
I think it might be because the wrong drivers are installed (please see the pic).

When I try to access it, I see 2 drives for some reason, and I can't write anything on them.

The format removes internal. It gets recreated when you log in to the ROM on the phone. Get an external microSD and before you start and after your format, wipe except the externals and reboot back into recovery. Then install the ROM and latest Magisk canary and then and only then reboot into the ROM.

Reactions: Sithhy™ and lyor

lyor

Apr 3, 2015
The format removes internal. It gets recreated when you log in to the ROM on the phone. Get an external microSD and before you start and after your format, wipe except the externals and reboot back into recovery. Then install the ROM and latest Magisk canary and then and only then reboot into the ROM.
Nice advice.
I'll try to get a microSD and let you know if it worked.

Reactions: BMHater12

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro

I see the same thing. Sometimes it shows 2 internals mounted in Windows (both accessible), both identical, plus the external. At other times, just one internal and the external. The latest 3.0.12.0 stable installed yesterday still does that, but no idea why.

Last edited:

lyor

Apr 3, 2015
I see the same thing. Sometimes it shows 2 internals mounted in Windows (both accessible), both identical, plus the external. At other times, just one internal and the external. The latest 3.0.12.0 stable installed yesterday still does that, but no idea why.
I used USB OTG, looks like what you've suggested worked out great.
Thanks a lot!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nice advice.
    I'll try to get a microSD and let you know if it worked.