• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need EFS backup from V405QA

Search This thread

onslaught86

Jul 26, 2009
ASUS ROG Phone II
OPPO Find X2 Pro
LGUP was not used to crossflash.
What help you want to receive?

Interesting, thanks for reply - right now I need to manually update a V40 using a KDZ. Not actually crossflash in my case, just manual update. Same model and software region.

Units without serial number are not accepted by LG Bridge and cannot receive OTAs. I have manually updated such units of G7 and V30 many times using LGUP, but due to LGUP 1.14 being incompatible with V40, this has not worked here.

If there is a way to manually update V40 using KDZ without LGUP I am very interested. Ideally preserving userdata.

Onisdaem

Jan 10, 2020
Turn on Diag mode: In dialer *#546368#*405#, type 000000 in service code, then press SVC menu -> Port Check Test -> Enable.

Dont forget to turn off Diag mode after.
Many thanks! Your help for community will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, can you explain it for me in more detail?
I can't understand what does "type 000000 in service code" mean, after dial *#546368#*405# I get in HiddenMenu with only "Device Test/ORT Test/SVC Test/Field Test" cases. Any tips please?

awireless

Apr 9, 2018
Hi, can you explain it for me in more detail?
I can't understand what does "type 000000 in service code" mean, after dial *#546368#*405# I get in HiddenMenu with only "Device Test/ORT Test/SVC Test/Field Test" cases. Any tips please?

Your phone doesnt need the spc code so you dont type 000000 read the next step he says press svc test wich is one of the option you see listed

patato21

Jun 27, 2015
I just had to comment on this method for unlocking phones. First of all, the new Snapdragon SDM845 SoC features a hardware isolated Secure Processing Unit (SPU). This new security measure makes it impossible to alter a phone's IMEI, MEID, ESN, Mac Addresses (WiFi & BT), serial number, and EFS/FSG data. All LG V35, V40, G7, V50, and G8 phones have an SDM845 or newer chip. I have tried copying the fsg and modemst partitions on a V35 phone in hopes of unlocking it, but it is impossible without LG's software. The only way of unlocking is to have LG's software unlock it through a SIM Network Unlock Code or an OTA Unlock. AT&T phones still use the old SIM Unlock method, and codes are usually free from them or can be bought for $10 online if you are not an AT&T customer. For instance, T-Mobile and Sprint only unlock their newer 2015+ phones through an Over-the-Air update. T-Mobile has its own unlock app, and Sprint has its own too sometimes. With Sprint, you usually have to call in to customer service for them to send an OTA Unlock to your phone and they will only let you unlock if it's paid off.

On older phones with SDM835 or older, we could simply crossflash any device besides those from T-Mobile onto US Unlocked firmware. Now we only crossflash to remove bloatware and gain support for other carriers AFTER the phone has been carrier unlocked. If you crossflash a Sprint device to unlocked firmware, there is no way to go back, and the unlocking software will not work at all as it is not present on unlocked firmware.

In essence, no EFS or QCN editing will unlock LG V35, V40, G7, V50, and G8 phones at this time.

Cano310

May 25, 2019
Help

help by mistake delete with qfil everything and I lost imei I don't have a backup left in imei 0, they will have a backup or how can I fix it

alex_hmelnitsky

Feb 7, 2017
I just had to comment on this method for unlocking phones. First of all, the new Snapdragon SDM845 SoC features a hardware isolated Secure Processing Unit (SPU). This new security measure makes it impossible to alter a phone's IMEI, MEID, ESN, Mac Addresses (WiFi & BT), serial number, and EFS/FSG data. All LG V35, V40, G7, V50, and G8 phones have an SDM845 or newer chip. I have tried copying the fsg and modemst partitions on a V35 phone in hopes of unlocking it, but it is impossible without LG's software. The only way of unlocking is to have LG's software unlock it through a SIM Network Unlock Code or an OTA Unlock. AT&T phones still use the old SIM Unlock method, and codes are usually free from them or can be bought for $10 online if you are not an AT&T customer. For instance, T-Mobile and Sprint only unlock their newer 2015+ phones through an Over-the-Air update. T-Mobile has its own unlock app, and Sprint has its own too sometimes. With Sprint, you usually have to call in to customer service for them to send an OTA Unlock to your phone and they will only let you unlock if it's paid off.

On older phones with SDM835 or older, we could simply crossflash any device besides those from T-Mobile onto US Unlocked firmware. Now we only crossflash to remove bloatware and gain support for other carriers AFTER the phone has been carrier unlocked. If you crossflash a Sprint device to unlocked firmware, there is no way to go back, and the unlocking software will not work at all as it is not present on unlocked firmware.

In essence, no EFS or QCN editing will unlock LG V35, V40, G7, V50, and G8 phones at this time.

Tell me please how i can unlock Att device that is crossflashed US open?

Top Liked Posts