• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need help building a SM-T555 (gt510lte) LineageOS ROM

Search This thread

Schaagi

Jun 30, 2015
Switzerland
Interesting ! I've installed your image with a clean flash and my TWRP version and it works !!!
Developper options have been already activated but the call of the developer menu is not possible.
I also noticed that it always switches to portrait format after every screen wakeup.
Otherwise, it runs smoothly until now.

Mar 31, 2021
The current status is this: I made 18.1 work and it works well, except for the RIL - so no LTE/GSM etc.

Code:
04-23 23:36:12.297   226   226 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 in either framework or device manifest.
04-23 23:36:12.299   226   226 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 in either framework or device manifest.
04-23 23:36:12.301   226   226 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 in either framework or device manifest.
04-23 23:36:12.302   226   226 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 in either framework or device manifest.
04-23 23:36:12.304   226   226 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 in either framework or device manifest.
04-23 23:36:12.309   226   226 I hwservicemanager: Since [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 is not registered, trying to start it as a lazy HAL.
04-23 23:36:12.312   226   226 I hwservicemanager: Since [email protected]::IRadio/slot1 is not registered, trying to start it as a lazy HAL.

If anyone has any idea on how to solve this - I spent soooo many hours on this and... nothing.

The current 18.1 build you can find here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693787526

Thank you for your build. I also succeeded installing your build lineage-17.1-20210419-UNOFFICIAL-gt510lte-eng. I like the slightly better performance thanks to 1.6 Ghz overclocked cpu. What didn't worked was the gps-feature (tested with GPStest) - after minutes there could be located only one satellite. But besides that, this build is ok.

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
The current status is this: I made 18.1 work and it works well, except for the RIL - so no LTE/GSM etc.
I don't have specific advice as I don't have any ril/radio devices that I actually built a ROM for, but if your 17.1 build worked with ril, I would use a tool like meld and do a meld of the 17.1 and 18.1 device/samsung
directories and see what has changed.

Example,
Code:
meld 17.1/device/samsung 18.1/device/samsung

will show you all the directories and files side by side and highlight what has changed.

Another troubleshooting method I use is to compare and look through adb logcats. If 17.1 ril works, do a complete boot and capture the entire adb logcat until it boots. Do the same for 18.1. Then you can compare the adb logcat messages.

As an example, here I'm troubleshooting ad2p for audio over bluetooth. I split my screen in half to see what's different between the logcats.

Attachments

• meld-example.png
    meld-example.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 23
  • cr-los.png
    cr-los.png
    594 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: asdf2002

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
What didn't worked was the gps-feature (tested with GPStest) - after minutes there could be located only one satellite.
Did you do this GPS test by the window or outside? In post #10, OP did mention that it took 30 minutes to get initial fix. If developer options worked in an eng 17.1 build, you could enable "force full gnss measurements" to get possibly faster GPS fix. 18.1 eng builds properly show developer options so you could try 18.1 with and without "force full gnss measurements" to see if that makes a difference?

Mar 31, 2021
Thank you for your build. I also succeeded installing your build lineage-17.1-20210419-UNOFFICIAL-gt510lte-eng. I like the slightly better performance thanks to 1.6 Ghz overclocked cpu. What didn't worked was the gps-feature (tested with GPStest) - after minutes there could be located only one satellite. But besides that, this build is ok.
Yes, as mentioned, the first fix takes a while (30+mins), but afterwards it was in the seconds for me.

FINALLY, RIL/Radio is working!
Sensors as well, even binderized for hwbinder. Vibrator working. Audio working...
Lineage 18.1 for the SM-T555: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693788112

Reactions: Hemuli and gunnicom

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
Sensors as well, even binderized for hwbinder. Vibrator working. Audio working...
Congrats on getting 18.1 up and going.

What fixes did you need to get ril working?

For sensors, it's possible that hwbinder works on the T555 and not on the T550/P550. I find it's highly platform dependent even though they use the same SoC/CPU. When P550 is set to sensors hwbinder, the light sensor is not detected. I use device check by flar2 to check the sensors.

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
BTW, for testing purposes, it's fine to release an eng build, but if you want to release it for the general population to use, an userdebug build is better.

Agakonna

May 24, 2014
Joensuu
Yes, as mentioned, the first fix takes a while (30+mins), but afterwards it was in the seconds for me.

Lineage 18.1 for the SM-T555: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693788112
Thank you for your effort supporting this old device. Everything else is working well but I'm unable to connect my bluetooth headphones to the tablet. I have tried two different ones and the other one doesn't connect at all and the second one connects but it say's there's a problem connecting. Also in the developer settings all bluetooth codec related settings are greyed out.

EDIT: here is the logcat: https://pastebin.com/LgRby24k
Second headphones: https://pastebin.com/35FGirwz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-050751_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-050751_Settings.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
@Agakonna, you will need to provide an adb logcat as I showed in post #29. Ironically, the picture that I showed is for troubleshooting audio over bluetooth not working and working. Also, you will have to wait for RandomAndroidTinkerer to look at it. I don't have the T555.

Last edited:

Thank you again for yoir gps-hint - it works. I also tried your new Lineage-18.1-Build. It's smooth as well, also developer options are there. Only two things I found: when I wake up the device with power butron and unlock the lockscreen with an swipe up-Motion then there blinks a red frame for about half a second. But sometimes it does not happen. I dont know why. The second thing is: is there a possibility for widevine security level l1? It shows "only" l3. Amazon prime is working well, but in SD. But I could imagine, that implementation of level l1 is complex and difficult.

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
Only two things I found: when I wake up the device with power butron and unlock the lockscreen with an swipe up-Motion then there blinks a red frame for about half a second. But sometimes it does not happen. I dont know why.
The red flash is normal for an "eng" build. An userdebug build will not have that.
The second thing is: is there a possibility for widevine security level l1? It shows "only" l3. Amazon prime is working well, but in SD. But I could imagine, that implementation of level l1 is complex and difficult.
Your last sentence above is correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,

I am trying to build a LineageOS 17.1 ROM for the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 (gt510lte) SM-T555.

Using the repos of @retiredtab and aala27's repos I managed to build a config that resulted in a buildable LineageOS that I could install and that shows the Lineage boot animation but crashes/reboots after a while.
    Fyi, my forks for the GT510LTE (SM-T555) I currently maintain here: https://github.com/blizzard4591?tab=repositories

Questions to @retiredtab:
    - What is your current local_manifest/roomservice? I could not locate this in your Github and used one posted by aala27 in a different thread, but it might be "off".
    - Did you extract the required proprietary files by hand from stock ROMs or is there an automated way? I have "SM-T555_1_20190103084053_we4a668guy_fac" with T555XXU1CQHA/T555XXU1CRG1 that I know works on my T555.
    - The repo "vendor-samsung-gt5note10wifi" in your Github only contains a branch for Lineage 18.1, is that intentional?

Sadly, I am a total noob in the area of building Lineage, so I might miss some obvious things!

I am willing to put in some time and effort to make this work, but I just do not know enough to do it efficiently.
    If you can spare the time for a few hints, I believe I can make some progress!

Cheers

Update 1:
    My image is working, i.e. it boots and gives a stable system.
    Problem: Bluetooth does not work and crashes a lot, I have no clue what the problem is.
    Problem: Audio is not working, I see a lot of "audio_route: unable to find path 'low-latency-playback speaker'
    The system settings dialog is missing the "Android Patchlevel" information - is this expected? I am building using "repo sync, breakfast gt510lte, brunch gt510lte" - is this correct? I am just an idiot.

Update 2:
    Bluetooth and Audio are working, SELinux is not, so permissive it is for now.
    Builds available on request.
    Hi, I applied for an uploader account at AndroidFileHost, once this is granted I will upload a current build.

Developper options have been already activated but the call of the developer menu is not possible.
    An eng build for whatever reason doesn't bring up the developer menu in 17.1, but works in 18.1.