[Need Help] Flash 7.0 Nougat FIrmware on a SM-J710FN (8.1 to 7.0)

Search This thread

Koulougou

Feb 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, sorry in advance if the format is not correct.

Here's my problem: I was given a SM-J710FN that displayed an overheating problem on the screen while the phone was not heating at all, as well as buttons at the bottom of the phone were not working anymore.

I reset the device to factory default, erased the data from the recovery mode and flashed the 8.1 Oreo version with a ROM STOCK J710FXXU6CSK1

After all these manipulations, the buttons still did not work and the overheating message still appeared, preventing the phone from being charged even when it was switched off.

So I thought of programmed obsolescence, and thought it was worth trying to downgrade the phone to 7.0 from version 8.1.

Could you help me on this subject and tell me what you think?

Koulougou

Feb 19, 2021
Thank you for the answer, I really appreciate it

Here is the update since I followed the Youtube link you sent me:

I have transferred the Custom ROM (Pixel-AB-11-20200909-ErfanGSI.img-0125.7z) as well as H-VENDOR_V1.0.zip to the mobile phone via a USB cable plugged to my PC in the root of the phone in order to proceed to its installation.

I then used Odin to flash Orange Fox (also TWRP on other attempts) with AP, but when I get to the Orange Fox recovery screen, the .zip files do not appear in the files. When searching on the Internet, it is advisable to flash via Fastboot, but despite several attempts, I cannot detect the phone with Fastboot, but only ADB. Even the manipulation saying to install the drivers manually from the device manager doesn't work because a message saying that the file to be used doesn't contain a driver is displayed. (android_winusb.inf)

And I also notice that after having flash TWRP or Orange Fox, the phone can no longer boot on the system.

Have you got any advices?

Koulougou

Feb 19, 2021
I continued my tests on my side, I was able to better understand how TWRP and Orange Fox work, in fact to make it usable, you first have to FORMAT the /data (not swipe), so, make TWRP / Orange Fox operational.

I was then blocked during the installation of the personalized ROM with the error of the /vendor, following my research, it would be necessary to install a .zip dedicated to that (Mokee from what I saw)

But I did something I shouldn't have done, and I flashed the zip "twrp-3.2.1-0-20180414-codeworkx-dumpling" from the Orange Fox recovery, and since then, the phone is stuck at startup, and when I try to access Download Mode, I get stuck at the Warning Message because my volume buttons don't react.

Is it possible to do something about it or the phone will be forever bricked?