Need help for soft brick (eRecovery not working)

Search This thread

lmaohelp

Apr 14, 2021
What I have done
  • I unlocked the bootloader of my Honor 6x using the testpoint method
  • I installed TWRP and Magisk
  • I decided that I was not satisfied with the stock OS and wanted to install a custom ROM
  • I forgot to make a backup using TWRP before flashing
  • I tried to flash LineageOS but it did not work and caused a bootloop (the boot animation shows for about 5 minutes and then reboots)
  • Using Huawei eRecovery to restore the device was not possible, and it returns the message of "Getting package info failed".
  • After some digging I found an old ROM (EMUI 4) that I can use, and flashed it using TWRP
  • The system booted up just fine after that, but the system looked really old and I wanted to update it
  • I found an update file and tried to install it using the dload method, which installed through the Huawei recovery just fine.
  • The phone rebooted and now bootloops to the Huawei eRecovery everytime.
  • I thought of flashing TWRP again so that maybe I can flash the old rom again, but it does not work and returns the following errors.
    • command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
      • error: Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'image verification error')
    • fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
      • error: Writing 'recovery_ramdisk' FAILED (remote: 'partition length get error')
Questions
  • What can I do in this situation with only have access to fastboot commands and the Huawei eRecovery?
  • Should I just wait for the update website to come back up so that the eRecovery will work and I can install the latest OS from there? Will that ever happen?

Venkata Lochan Nune

• Apr 19, 2021
    Honor 6X
    What I have done
    • I unlocked the bootloader of my Honor 6x using the testpoint method
    • I installed TWRP and Magisk
    • I decided that I was not satisfied with the stock OS and wanted to install a custom ROM
    • I forgot to make a backup using TWRP before flashing
    • I tried to flash LineageOS but it did not work and caused a bootloop (the boot animation shows for about 5 minutes and then reboots)
    • Using Huawei eRecovery to restore the device was not possible, and it returns the message of "Getting package info failed".
    • After some digging I found an old ROM (EMUI 4) that I can use, and flashed it using TWRP
    • The system booted up just fine after that, but the system looked really old and I wanted to update it
    • I found an update file and tried to install it using the dload method, which installed through the Huawei recovery just fine.
    • The phone rebooted and now bootloops to the Huawei eRecovery everytime.
    • I thought of flashing TWRP again so that maybe I can flash the old rom again, but it does not work and returns the following errors.
      • command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
        • error: Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'image verification error')
      • fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
        • error: Writing 'recovery_ramdisk' FAILED (remote: 'partition length get error')
    Questions
    • What can I do in this situation with only have access to fastboot commands and the Huawei eRecovery?
    • Should I just wait for the update website to come back up so that the eRecovery will work and I can install the latest OS from there? Will that ever happen?
    The update website isn't going to come back anytime soon. But if you just don't mind opening your device again(you need to access the test point), there's a fix. this method doesn't just need anything. even if your device is hard bricked, it can get you back running. This was described in a youtube video with working links based on a forum on xda.

link : click here

I got a similar problem recently but I flashed update.zip of emui 8 - > Bootlooped - > factory reset with twrp - > successfully booted but doesn't get past the setup screen. Fix : flashed a gsi treble image(based on android 10) - > working perfect except for camera and volte.

Apr 30, 2016
    The update website isn't going to come back anytime soon. But if you just don't mind opening your device again(you need to access the test point), there's a fix. this method doesn't just need anything. even if your device is hard bricked, it can get you back running. This was described in a youtube video with working links based on a forum on xda.

link : click here

I got a similar problem recently but I flashed update.zip of emui 8 - > Bootlooped - > factory reset with twrp - > successfully booted but doesn't get past the setup screen. Fix : flashed a gsi treble image(based on android 10) - > working perfect except for camera and volte.
    The update website is there. Its https://www.firmfinder.ml/ . No need to install any gsi

Venkata Lochan Nune

• Apr 19, 2021
    Honor 6X
    The update website is there. Its https://www.firmfinder.ml/ . No need to install any gsi
    My bad 😑, I thought the update website to be huawei's official one(something like update.hicloud and all isn't it?). Well, thanks for the information but I still prefer gsi. It's buttery smooth 😊.

And one more thing, if you follow the youtube video I mentioned, you don't need any gsi. You can get your device back on stock EMUI 5.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone