need help guidance Root for Xcover 5 SM G525F

Search This thread

akin03

Aug 25, 2013
Hi everyone urgently need help root instructions for the xcover 5. there is a possibility it runs with android 11. thank you in advance

Tab E

Mar 29, 2020
Mumbai India
Hi everyone urgently need help root instructions for the xcover 5. there is a possibility it runs with android 11. thank you in advance
Download the boot.img of your device. Transfer it to your phone. Install the magisk manager app. Click on install. Click on select file to patch. Locate your boot.img and click on it. The output file will be in internal storage/downloads. Copy this to you adb fastboot folder. Rename it to boot.img
Open command prompt in the adb window. Enable oem unlocking on phone , reboot to fastboot mode Unlock your phones boot loader, with fastboot oem unlock and then fastboot flash boot boot.img

akin03

Aug 25, 2013
Download the boot.img of your device. Transfer it to your phone. Install the magisk manager app. Click on install. Click on select file to patch. Locate your boot.img and click on it. The output file will be in internal storage/downloads. Copy this to you adb fastboot folder. Rename it to boot.img
Open command prompt in the adb window. Enable oem unlocking on phone , reboot to fastboot mode Unlock your phones boot loader, with fastboot oem unlock and then fastboot flash boot boot.img
thanks for the instruction. what do I have to type in adb mode. Is there a program where I can use the adb mode.

Tab E

Mar 29, 2020
Mumbai India
thanks for the instruction. what do I have to type in adb mode. Is there a program where I can use the adb mode.
There is no program. You have to download adb and fastboot tools
Once your phone is in fastboot mode and you have opened command prompt in adb fastboot folder in you pc type
fastboot oem unlock (this unlocks the bootloader)
fastboot flash boot boot.img (this flashed the magisk patched or rooted boot.img to your devices boot partition

Last edited:

akin03

Aug 25, 2013
There is no program. You have to download adb and fastboot tools
Once your phone is in fastboot mode and you have opened command prompt in adb fastboot folder in you pc type
fastboot oem unlock (this unlocks the bootloader)
fastboot flash boot boot.img (this flashed the magisk patched or rooted boot.img to your devices boot partition

Thanks for the instructions. Did it as described. However, I'm stuck in fastboot mode when sending. Is there a guide or a way to flash the patched file via odin?

akin03

Aug 25, 2013
Request for help.. Have flashed the whole ap file about magisk after a guide now I have bootloop and the device restarts after 3 min. I don't get the device rooted

hatl

Jun 24, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I tried to patch the updated AP (boot loop)
I tried to flash the stock AP and then only the updated boot.img (boot loop)
I also tried flashing a patched recovery.img (HASH_MISMATCH error)

Maybe Magisk has some issues with that phone.
Did anyone have success in rooting the G525F?

GameShadow7

Dec 24, 2016
I tried to patch the updated AP (boot loop)
I tried to flash the stock AP and then only the updated boot.img (boot loop)
I also tried flashing a patched recovery.img (HASH_MISMATCH error)

Maybe Magisk has some issues with that phone.
Did anyone have success in rooting the G525F?

How to Root via Magisk Patch:

1) Download and open the stock ROM
2) Extract the boot.img.lz4 and convert it to boot.img with a program like lz4_win64
3) Convert the boot.img to boot.tar with 7zip or winRAR
4) Copy boot.tar to your mobile phone and patch it with Magisk, so you will get magisk-patched.tar
5) Rename the patched magisk-patched.tar to boot.tar
6) Flash it with Odin in AP mode and you are rooted!

Only this method worked for me, if you try it differently it may not work! (Xcover4s)
Should work on all Samsung phones with Android 9 or higher.

bosse2

Aug 25, 2021
I have the same issue . Stuck on boot screen after flashing. Works fine after I re-flash original boot or do a complete re-flash with original firmware. I can successfully root my s9 so am not a complete noob. My region is NEE

One more weird thing is that i cant seem to get it in recovery after the rooted boot flash. Any ideas for checking relevant logs?

There is a extra file in the boot.img called vmbeta compared to the s9 boot.img. Is it possible that this is the issue or am i completely wrong?

kame12345

Sep 15, 2021
ive tried like evverything but get stuck on a message sayying my phone isnt running on offical firmwire or something like that. But now i have another problem. When in fastboot adb cant find my device. If my phone is just on and im not in fastboot adb finds it. Why is that happening?

kame12345

Sep 15, 2021
When my phone is in fastboot mode it cant find it.. WHen its on adb devices finds it but not when in fastboot mode.

Jospe

Oct 14, 2021
A search for "root xcover 5" brings up plenty of ways to achieve this, but most of those sites are click bait, with identical instructions for any device you can think of. Other people are more helpful, like those who replied above, but I would like to know if anyone has ACTUALLY ROOTED A XCOVER 5 SUCCESSFULLY. And yes, if so, I'd like to know how it was done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A search for "root xcover 5" brings up plenty of ways to achieve this, but most of those sites are click bait, with identical instructions for any device you can think of. Other people are more helpful, like those who replied above, but I would like to know if anyone has ACTUALLY ROOTED A XCOVER 5 SUCCESSFULLY. And yes, if so, I'd like to know how it was done.
    Hi. Is n'one who can help me...! It's important...?!
    Hi Did you succeed at rooting xCover 5 ??
    I was able to root my device (g535f/ds) by following the droidwin guide (linked below) closely, but with making adjustments. What I did was to:

- warning: this will delete all your data!
    - warning: you need to unlock your bootloader for this to work!

- decompress the stock firmware
    - decompres the AP part of it
    - decompress the lz4 boot img in AP

- patched the boot img from AP part via Magisk
    - replaced the original lz4 boot img in the AP folder with the patched img

- compressed the modified AP part again (file type: .tar archive, not signed!)

- flashed stock BL, CP, CSC and modified AP_archive.tar including the the patched img in ODIN
    - rebooted device

To sum it up: Except step 4.3 (Delete all the files inside that folder except for recovery.img and vbmeta.img.)
    and the hacky recovery boot stuff from the end (to fix some weird bootloop) of the post, I did all the steps from there. I can also create a new thread in case a more detailed guide is wanted.

Furthermore: I dont know if xda has specific rules on which file hosts are allowed. Please tell me so if it is the case, thx. I could not find anything in this regard.

My used files (Android 13, CSC Open Austria ATO) for ODIN can be downloaded here: http://u.pc.cd/fOV7 (shortened link). These files are already customized, you do not have to go through the guide with these. You may use them, though I do not give any warranty. Original firmware I used is linked below.

External resources:
    Droidwin guide: https://www.droidwin.com/extract-boot-img-lz4-root-samsung/
    Original firmware: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G525F/ATO/G525FXXS5CWA8
    I confirm too, it works very well! Thank you! I didn't understand the step by step guide Adrianfocke gave, so I followed the summary which was quite clear.

Before compressing it in tar format, the modified AP folder must contain:
    - the contents of the AP folder patched by magisk
    - AND the boot.img patched by magisk (from the boot.img file which comes from the compressed boot.img.lz4 file wich comes from the offical AP-part folder wich comes from the compressed AP-part.tar.md5 file downloaded on samfw.com)

I hope it's clearer this way, otherwise all you have to do is follow Adrianfocke's summary.

One more thing: at the end of the tuto, to boot on the "rooted system": you have to shutdown the phone and then press volume up + power boutton until the SAMSUNG LOGO appear (not the warning screen)
    Hi! Is it posible to send me this modified boot.img for odin flash? My phone is in odin mode, tried flashing full stock system thru odin but it just wont exit from odin mode. Phone is oem locked and debugging is not turned on. Im running out of ideas
    Don't patch only boot.img, do the whole AP in magisk 24 or above to make it work, or else it will fail.