Need Help, my mi6 hard brick, no fastboot mode.. set boot partition failed

Search This thread

zilan

Sep 9, 2008
hello, my mi6 suddenly dead, hard brick, can't enter to fastboot mode. Mi6 6/128 ceramic edition.

so i decided to open back covers and shortlink 2 pins it detect as qualcomm loader in mi flash, but when flashing fastboot rom it always show error " set boot partition 1 failed "

i tried many version of mi flash and use global stable, global dev, china stable, china dev fastboot rom but always ended in set boot partition failed..

i've searching lots of forum but can't found an answer for set boot partition failed error.

i also tried QPST for flashing with fastboot rom but also give error,

please help anyone have same problem with me? or any xiaomi engineer here? i just need how to solve flashing in mi flash with error set boot partition failed.

i hope no need to change/replace the hardware...

Attachments

• IMG_20190702_141536.jpg
    IMG_20190702_141536.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_20190701_191044.jpg
    IMG_20190701_191044.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 451

-Zteam-

Oct 9, 2014
You can try to use XiaomiTool and flash your phone with instead.

https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/
Also, have you tried fastboot boot recovery.img
To see if you can boot TWRP or something?
(fastboot boot might work better than flashing)

I don't have any experience with Miflash, so can't offer any advice on that.
Personally I would try fastboot boot first, since XiaomiTool is in alfa-version.

zilan

Sep 9, 2008
You can try to use XiaomiTool and flash your phone with instead.

https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/
Also, have you tried fastboot boot recovery.img
To see if you can boot TWRP or something?
(fastboot boot might work better than flashing)

I don't have any experience with Miflash, so can't offer any advice on that.
Personally I would try fastboot boot first, since XiaomiTool is in alfa-version.
thanks for replying.. my phone is dead can't boot to fastboot. only detect in edl mode. i think its problem with my partition being messed up (look from mi flash logs)

anyway i have tried to install xiaomitool v2 but i think it's not compatible yet with unbrick device it show error like this:

Attachments

• XIAOMITOOL2.jpg
    XIAOMITOOL2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 311

DJ Regino

Aug 30, 2017
Dresden
thanks for replying.. my phone is dead can't boot to fastboot. only detect in edl mode. i think its problem with my partition being messed up (look from mi flash logs)

anyway i have tried to install xiaomitool v2 but i think it's not compatible yet with unbrick device it show error like this:
it seems your Mi6 is alive again :) how was the solution? :)

-Zteam-

Oct 9, 2014

Sorry for my late reply, I had forgotten to answer this earlier, did you try to perform a regular flash (not bricked option) from XiaomiTool. if that doesn't work either, maybe you should ask the developer of XiaomiTool2 for hints. :)

zenhex

Apr 3, 2011
I am in the same situation with my Asus Rog 2. It has life sign only in edl mode and when I try to recover I ve got that error too "set boot partition failed" still dead.

nanjanme

May 16, 2022
hello, my mi6 suddenly dead, hard brick, can't enter to fastboot mode. Mi6 6/128 ceramic edition.

so i decided to open back covers and shortlink 2 pins it detect as qualcomm loader in mi flash, but when flashing fastboot rom it always show error " set boot partition 1 failed "

i tried many version of mi flash and use global stable, global dev, china stable, china dev fastboot rom but always ended in set boot partition failed..

i've searching lots of forum but can't found an answer for set boot partition failed error.

i also tried QPST for flashing with fastboot rom but also give error,

please help anyone have same problem with me? or any xiaomi engineer here? i just need how to solve flashing in mi flash with error set boot partition failed.

i hope no need to change/replace the hardware...
if you're still there, i resolve this issue.

you need to jump charge your battery using external charger ( external charger jumped wire direct on your battery). maybe for 30mins.

then try again to charge your phone, if it reapond and have display 0% battery, let it charge for atleast 50% then power ON.

If it stucks on logo.. do reflash.