Need Help Plz - Starting DeBrick img Collection for Hardbricked i545 Recovery

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I'm trying to get my hands on NK1 and NG6 Debrick .img (s) I messed up another phone flashing something and not paying attention to the zip package... trying to port something from AT&T 4.4.4 TW anyway if someone could upload me an .img for nk1 ASAP I'd be greatful. I'll turn this OP into a guide for recovering from QHSUSB Hardbrick for our phones once I gather the .imgs need an nc5 one as well. Already have mdk, mk2 and mj7 but cant find any of the 4.4.2 imgs online except these SDC files which apparently require an ATF JTAG Box which is what im trying to avoid having to do!

Thanks in advance!
-gogolie

PS This file should be run from safestrap or your recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577222 its a debrick img creator hosted by Surge (thanks) hopefully this one will work I havent tested it and I lost my own 512 creator and have no phone or whatever to test with... thanks whoever helps me out... I'll be able to continue development of my ROMs then :)

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
what bootloader is that?

I cannot get that debrick to work. Appreciate the effort... When u had used it just popping it in and then battery worked for you? I tried a variety of ways including using the sdcard and a jig at the sametime with no luck.

Anyone able to do me a favor and either upload an nk1 debrick.IMG so I can try again. Or upload proper QPST style .mbn and .hex backups from a working nk1 phone. From what I've read I should able to flash them via USB to the emmc while in this mode to kick me out of this dam qhusb download mode.

If anyone can help get this phone up and going I'll donate to them just for saving me hassle of sending it in.

Thanks
Gogolie

npjohnson

May 3, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
I cannot get that debrick to work. Appreciate the effort... When u had used it just popping it in and then battery worked for you? I tried a variety of ways including using the sdcard and a jig at the sametime with no luck.

Anyone able to do me a favor and either upload an nk1 debrick.IMG so I can try again. Or upload proper QPST style .mbn and .hex backups from a working nk1 phone. From what I've read I should able to flash them via USB to the emmc while in this mode to kick me out of this dam qhusb download mode.

If anyone can help get this phone up and going I'll donate to them just for saving me hassle of sending it in.

Thanks
Gogolie

Although I am unable to do so today, if you PM tomorrow, I'll be near my S4, and will happily shoot over what you need.

(The Pm is just so that I remember to do it :p )

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Please PM the debrick img 4.4.2 NK1 to unbrick my phone, thanks very much.

I tried 2 bricked phones both last on NK firmware and no matter what debrick I tried I had no response from the S4. I also tried in combo with a jig that I tested on my gf's S3 and it'd boot directly to dl mode but with the S4 nothing. Maybe it was my type of brick but its showing up as a qc modem or qc usb mode on a pc which matches the same hard brick I've read about these but I'm guessing that this type of brick recovery isnt possible anymore maybe due to knox 2.0 or changes Samsung made in the firmware/bl or its just my phones and luck. my only thoughts are that maybe using some combo of QPST or similar to make an NV backup or whole phone backup and restoring the bl / phone using a full .bin backup might work. obviously we'd have to be aware that this would include the original phone's IMEI info and similar so we'd have to modify this before trying it so if anyone has any info or abilities using QPST and can hook it up with a viable escape from this qshusb mode hell that'd be awesome! Or if someone wants to fix one of my phones via JTAG i'd pay with my other bricked s4. I know the VZW S4 Scene's all but dead so I'm losing hope. I think its time to start looking for a Note4 Dev edition or something :<(