• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Need help recovering Oneplus 9 LE2113 with MSM tool

Search This thread

bleuthoot

Jul 5, 2018
Hello,

While playing around with custom roms, I bricked my device when returning to the stock rom. I cannot seem to find the correct MSM tool for my device. I can only find instruction Indian or Global variant, but not for the European variant.

How can I get the tools I needed for the European Oneplus 9?

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello,

While playing around with custom roms, I bricked my device when returning to the stock rom. I cannot seem to find the correct MSM tool for my device. I can only find instruction Indian or Global variant, but not for the European variant.

How can I get the tools I needed for the European Oneplus 9?
From what I'm seeing unless there is one in a thread there isn't one available. Better to wait for an msm recovery tool prior to flashing though. Guess you know that now.

bleuthoot

Jul 5, 2018
Better yet they will do a remote session as long as you have a PC. They will download factory msm for Eu to your desktop and repair.
Do I have to ask OnePlus support that?

I have asked them if they could provide me the MSM files, but they wanted me to send it instead.
So should I ask tehm to do a remote session instead and where exactly do I have to do that.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro

I have asked them if they could provide me the MSM files, but they wanted me to send it instead.
So should I ask tehm to do a remote session instead and where exactly do I have to do that.
Save you much time and none away from device. The do a remote session. I'd def ask for that. And you plug into the PC through adb and they will do the rest.

zborn

Nov 16, 2009
OnePlus 9

There's a way to do it. I had the same issue two days ago.

Flashing with the MSM Tool for the Indian variant of the OP9 Pro and checking "Lite firehouse".

Once recovered, you could use the MSM Tool for your device.

If you need any of these tools, they're posted, let me look for them and update this reply.

bleuthoot

Jul 5, 2018
There's a way to do it. I had the same issue two days ago.

Flashing with the MSM Tool for the Indian variant of the OP9 Pro and checking "Lite firehouse".

Once recovered, you could use the MSM Tool for your device.

If you need any of these tools, they're posted, let me look for them and update this reply.
If you can find them, gladly.

I have been searching for them for several hours without any result.

ctonylee1965

Aug 26, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you can find them, gladly.

I have been searching for them for several hours without any result.
None of the MSM tools are going to work from the Indian version. I tried all of them. Your build is going to need to be flashed with temp TWRP and the OS build from OP support website. Once that happens, you have to do an OTA update before reboot so the Indian partition can be overwritten. That's the only thing that worked for me.

letscheckitout

Apr 9, 2012
I wouldn't use the pro tool. That doesn't work. I tried.
I was stuck with Sahara communication error from yesterday, tried mutiple drivers,cables and OP9 MSM Global,EU tool. did not work.
I downloaded the OP9 Pro India MSM tool, flashed the OS with Lite Firehouse, and then used the OP9 indian MSM tool to get back.

So use this tool as a stop gap, After the first boot use which ever tool you want to get back.

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
I had tons of problems until I used the right Qualcomm drivers. Nothing would flash - even the Indian Pro ROM, until I got that straightened out. I was then able to flash the T-Mo MSM without having to mess with India.

I kept getting the Param Preload failure.

Uninstall the old Qualcomm drivers and delete them. Put your phone into EDL and have it redetect the device. Then update the drivers with these.

Biggest difference I saw right away in MSM was it switched from COM10 to COM3. Then everything worked properly.

Give it a go.

Tepes4

Jun 14, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
OnePlus 9
I was stuck with Sahara communication error from yesterday, tried mutiple drivers,cables and OP9 MSM Global,EU tool. did not work.
I downloaded the OP9 Pro India MSM tool, flashed the OS with Lite Firehouse, and then used the OP9 indian MSM tool to get back.

So use this tool as a stop gap, After the first boot use which ever tool you want to get back.
when using india msm from 9 pro it gives me unsupoorted model EU

The problem is that when i use the eu op9pro msm tool i get a working device but without sim cards working. ANy help?

lockmunk

Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
OnePlus 9
when using india msm from 9 pro it gives me unsupoorted model EU

The problem is that when i use the eu op9pro msm tool i get a working device but without sim cards working. ANy help?
Found a solution?I have same experienced with you yesterday.

My step is, after done flash op9pro, i flash op9 india msmtool.

After that, i use oxygen updater and set my phone to EU. Then I download oos stable full for EU using oxygen updater.

Then I flash it using local upgrade.
Done.

Everything looks good as at today.

henno88

Jan 31, 2011
My step is, after done flash op9pro, i flash op9 india msmtool.
I tried this also, but India tool still give me unsupported model EU

I used this OP9p file:
lemonadep_22_E.05_210324.ops
OP9p EU

after OP9 India
lemonade_22_I.07_210412

before I used also the India OP9p and used local update to OP9 EU
Android 11 works fine, but if i update to any Android 12 my touchscreen is complete dead
Even in recovery

lockmunk

Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
OnePlus 9
I tried this also, but India tool still give me unsupported model EU

I used this OP9p file:
lemonadep_22_E.05_210324.ops
OP9p EU

after OP9 India
lemonade_22_I.07_210412

before I used also the India OP9p and used local update to OP9 EU
Android 11 works fine, but if i update to any Android 12 my touchscreen is complete dead
Even in recovery
i found firmware for op9 EU here. but don't know whether it works.
but need to have premium account to download it