Need help returning Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge to factory ROM and FRP Lock

Search This thread

armonic

Aug 10, 2022

Needed to unbrick a SM-G935V, had trouble finding the right ROMs and eventually got​

COMBINATION_VZW_FA60_G935PUCUBATA1_BIT_11_B_05_01_22.tar.7z to work​

However now that put me at version 11 and none of the factory images or combo files I can find will flash via Odin because of that.
Does anyone have a way to return my S7 Edge to factory or near factory VZW function?

Last edited:

armonic

Aug 10, 2022
Ok got a good factory image from SamFw, loaded fine with Odin, however the FRP is engaged. I cannot find a good Version 11 VZW combo file to wipe the FRP with. Does any one have a good lead on a combo file to wipe the FRP
For ****s and giggles I've tried a few programs like FRP Hijacker and SamFw FRP tool.
Hijacker says it returns the phone to "clean slate" but when it reboots FRP is still engaged
FRP Tool cannot connect since the phone cannot enter engineering service mode via the secret code when FRP locked, so it cannot perform the frp wipe.

armonic

Aug 10, 2022
Using COMBINATION_VZW_FA60_G935PUCUBATA1 I get the phone to launch into Factory Binary, however it identifies itself as a SM-G935A (supposed to be 935V)
USB debugging is on
And I can easily use both FRP Hijacker and SamFw FRP tool, both confirm "Frp Removed"
However once I reflash the phone via Odin with SM-G935V_VZW_G935VVRSBCTC1_fac files and it returns to a Verizon OEM phone, the FRP is still engaged in the start up screen and cannot use the phone.

Am I missing a step here?

armonic

Aug 10, 2022
Ok I cannot for the life of me defeat the FRP lock.
Did a full wipe through TWRP
Ran FrpDestroyer 1.1 under TWRP (3.0 hung up?) 1.1 confirmed "FRP overwrite with zeros"
Maybe I'm not doing something is the correct order?
I tried combo bins, tried making a custom combo bin, each time i return to the factory files, it's still locked

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009

Needed to unbrick a SM-G935V, had trouble finding the right ROMs and eventually got​

COMBINATION_VZW_FA60_G935PUCUBATA1_BIT_11_B_05_01_22.tar.7z to work​

boot too safestrap after you flash above
Then flash zip from this post 2 in this thread

Then download stock firmware from samfw.com and flash stock firmware in odin using the regular csc file not the home csc one

armonic

Aug 10, 2022
boot too safestrap after you flash above
Then flash zip from this post 2 in this thread

Then download stock firmware from samfw.com and flash stock firmware in odin using the regular csc file not the home csc one
Rad! Thanks for the help. I actually got it unlocked using another method but here's what I can't understand.
In TWRP I could run FRP Destroyer v1.1 and v3.0. Both reported FRP overwritten with no errors
In Factory Binary I could access the engineering test mode via the secret code in a dialer and I could run a script via the ADB commands to clear the FRP, also which would report back FRP cleared.
But the only thing that actually worked was using an AT&T firmware that still allowed me to access the test mode via emergency dialer then run the ADB FRP clear scripts while in test mode only in a factory firmware.
It did not work if I was using any other firmware even though the programs I was using said it was.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Rad! Thanks for the help. I actually got it unlocked using another method but here's what I can't understand.
In TWRP I could run FRP Destroyer v1.1 and v3.0. Both reported FRP overwritten with no errors
In Factory Binary I could access the engineering test most via the secret code in a dialer and I could run a script via the ADB commands to clear the FRP, also which would report back FRP cleared.
But the only thing that actually worked was using an AT&T firmware that still allowed me to access the test mode via emergency dialer then run the FRP clear while in test mode only in a factory firmware.
It did not work if I was using any other firmware even though the programs I was using said it was.
I don’t know anything about the other methods. Also safestrap is not a full version of twrp so some things don’t work in it.