need help rooting

Search This thread

CALI_SAVAGE

Nov 25, 2022
I have a Samsung S7 edge I need to Google unlock I tried to download Odin to my SD card then install it but nothing works Please help.
Also can I network unlock a icon 3 by cricket and how

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I have a Samsung S7 edge I need to Google unlock I tried to download Odin to my SD card then install it but nothing works Please help.
Odin runs on a PC under Windows. (Saying you downloaded it to an SD card made me think you were trying to run it on your tablet.)

Try to use the Search function on the site. There's probably a thread on rooting the S7 Edge. There's definitely a thread on Magisk.
Here are the Magisk installation instructions.

Don't start with "I don't know anything, somebody tell me how." Read a lot of posts, at least learn some words.

Was I wrong to assume you want to root your tablet? What made you decide you wanted Odin? What is stopping you from Googling "unlock"?

Before you do anything destructive, find and download a copy of your current ROM, so you'll be in a position to recover. You can test burning a ROM without unlocking the bootloader, as long as it is an official Samsung-packaged ROM.

Good luck.

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)

Hi and welcome to the xda family. 🙂

As J.Michael mentioned, you will have better help in the S7 threads. ;)

[xdaForum] - Samsung Galaxy S7

Cheers. :cowboy:

CALI_SAVAGE

Nov 25, 2022
Odin runs on a PC under Windows. (Saying you downloaded it to an SD card made me think you were trying to run it on your tablet.)

Try to use the Search function on the site. There's probably a thread on rooting the S7 Edge. There's definitely a thread on Magisk.

Don't start with "I don't know anything, somebody tell me how." Read a lot of posts, at least learn some words.

Was I wrong to assume you want to root your tablet? What made you decide you wanted Odin? What is stopping you from Googling "unlock"?

Before you do anything destructive, find and download a copy of your current ROM, so you'll be in a position to recover. You can test burning a ROM without unlocking the bootloader, as long as it is an official Samsung-packaged ROM.

Good luck.
I am trying to run Odin on my galaxy 7 edge

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Then how do I beat Google lockon my Samsung 7 edge cause I can't do it
Find the S7 Edge forum for help unlocking.

Odin is not part of unlocking. Odin is for downloading software to the device. I think you can use Odin without unlocking -- you will only be able to flash images. You could try flashing a stock image for a different language, just to see if it works. (Pick a language you think you will understand well enough to see how to change the language back to your preferred language.)

A separate step, with no reference to Odin, is unlocking. I think it is usually delete any Google account you have attached to the device, enable Developer Options, enable "bootloader unlock" in Developer Options, reboot to recovery or download mode (I'm not sure which), expect some message like "hit Volume Down to unlock" (could be Volume Up), accept that it will wipe data.

Once you are unlocked (verify by booting Android again, and checking the Developer Options to see if the "unlock bootloader" option is still enabled, but is now greyed out), you can try using Odin to download non-stock software. In particular, it is at this point that you might try to flash a Magisk-patched software to try to install Magisk. With Samsung, as of when I did it, installing Magisk will again require wiping data, so do not spend a lot of time configuring your device between unlocking the bootloader and installing Magisk.

Reactions: ipdev

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
one can't bypass FRP lock on Samsung devices. what you try with Odin3 is impossible, it won't reset FRP.

find another method for that model, there exist some cheats on YouTube

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck.

Hi and welcome to the xda family. 🙂

As J.Michael mentioned, you will have better help in the S7 threads. ;)

[xdaForum] - Samsung Galaxy S7

Cheers. :cowboy:
    Then how do I beat Google lockon my Samsung 7 edge cause I can't do it
    Find the S7 Edge forum for help unlocking.

Odin is not part of unlocking. Odin is for downloading software to the device. I think you can use Odin without unlocking -- you will only be able to flash images. You could try flashing a stock image for a different language, just to see if it works. (Pick a language you think you will understand well enough to see how to change the language back to your preferred language.)

A separate step, with no reference to Odin, is unlocking. I think it is usually delete any Google account you have attached to the device, enable Developer Options, enable "bootloader unlock" in Developer Options, reboot to recovery or download mode (I'm not sure which), expect some message like "hit Volume Down to unlock" (could be Volume Up), accept that it will wipe data.

Once you are unlocked (verify by booting Android again, and checking the Developer Options to see if the "unlock bootloader" option is still enabled, but is now greyed out), you can try using Odin to download non-stock software. In particular, it is at this point that you might try to flash a Magisk-patched software to try to install Magisk. With Samsung, as of when I did it, installing Magisk will again require wiping data, so do not spend a lot of time configuring your device between unlocking the bootloader and installing Magisk.