(Need Help) Sony Xperia 1 SOV40 Flash into J8110 (but does not have voLTE in Malaysia)

Search This thread

Ttd_

Sep 7, 2018
Google Pixel 3
Glad to be helpful for someone!

Someone flashed my "SEA VoLTE Patch" but it does not seem to work for him.
My theory is that the patch only contain VoLTE profile for carriers here in the South East Asia.
It may or may not work for other carrier outside of SEA, but if it does work for you, good to know!
Yes, i think that would be it as I am in Malaysia which is included in SEA also. Your theory I would agree 100% percent. I am currently using the patch and works great. not a single bug in your patched rom encountered so far.

Reactions: Shiro39

aliadils3d

Nov 29, 2019
Hello..
Please can you tell me from which firmware did you replace the files for the volte on xperia 1. i would like to try the same on the xperia 5

Roney T

Aug 27, 2022
Thanks alot, by the way, i already get the voLTE working, but why there is no voLTE logo showing on the top? is it any sin.file which i never attached into J8110?
Is it the volte available on malaysia? I have xperia 1 au but only a single sim. I wonder if ur xperia is single sim too then i can try to flash my xperia 1

In case there's someone that might want to flash their Xperia 1 AU/SoftBank into Global but also want to have VoLTE support, you can flash this Customized_UK firmware with Customized_SEA's oem files.

Download: Google Drive (flash it with newflasher)

If you want the complete firmware, download this -> "J8110_Modified UK_SEA_55.2.A.4.332-R4C.zip"
If you only want the oem files, download this -> "SEA VoLTE Patch.zip"

- THIS IS ONLY TESTED ON XPERIA 1 AU (SOV40) WITH INDONESIAN CARRIER!
- THE NFC IS OF COUSE WOULD NO LONGER WORK, BUT YOU'LL GET VoLTE WORKING.
- DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE ANY .ta FILES BEFORE FLASHIING OR YOU MIGHT RE-LOCK YOUR SIM!
(this is purely just my assumption)
hi, the google drive link is asking me for authorization, could you fix that please? thx!

goodhie

Sep 24, 2022
Tried the j8110 global rom VOLTE file and surprisingly it worked. My DITO sim could now make calls to Globe and Smart(Philippine telcos). No HD nor volte icon. Important thing is it works.

Reactions: skylerschayl

abhishekpujar

Nov 15, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hey Guys, I got myself a Japanese version of the Xperia 1 in India and having the same issue of not having VoLTE on my carrier (which is Jio, has only 4G coverage and not 3G/2G)

I am able to make calls and have internet on another carrier (Airtel) which has 3G and 4G bands available but I do see that the coverage is pretty bad compared to other phones

I am on Android 10 SoftBank version, I do have experience with flashing custom roms/ flashing OEM roms but never done it on Sony phones

I went through all the posts on this thread and am a little confused on how to get
1. VoLTE working
2. Get to Sony's version of Android 11
3. Better Signal strength

Someone kindly help with a dumbed down version of what I should be doing? what flash tools should I use and how do I replace oem files?

Many thanks

abhishekpujar

Nov 15, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Tried the j8110 global rom VOLTE file and surprisingly it worked. My DITO sim could now make calls to Globe and Smart(Philippine telcos). No HD nor volte icon. Important thing is it works.
Hi there, can you please help me with the link to the global Rom and also what tools you used to flash this rom? did you make any changes to the rom before you flashed it?

Kirigasaki

Oct 22, 2022
In case there's someone that might want to flash their Xperia 1 AU/SoftBank into Global but also want to have VoLTE support, you can flash this Customized_UK firmware with Customized_SEA's oem files.

If you want the complete firmware, download this -> "J8110_Modified UK_SEA_55.2.A.4.332-R4C.zip"

- DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE ANY .ta FILES BEFORE FLASHIING OR YOU MIGHT RE-LOCK YOUR SIM!
hello, i tried to open the link you shared but i cant open it. It keep asking username and password

abhishekpujar

Nov 15, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello all, just bumping this up - would greatly appreciate if any of you guys can help dumb the process so its easy to understand and implement for someone who is new to the Sony ecosystem

Thanks in advance
Hey Guys, I got myself a Japanese version of the Xperia 1 in India and having the same issue of not having VoLTE on my carrier (which is Jio, has only 4G coverage and not 3G/2G)

I am able to make calls and have internet on another carrier (Airtel) which has 3G and 4G bands available but I do see that the coverage is pretty bad compared to other phones

I am on Android 10 SoftBank version, I do have experience with flashing custom roms/ flashing OEM roms but never done it on Sony phones

I went through all the posts on this thread and am a little confused on how to get
1. VoLTE working
2. Get to Sony's version of Android 11
3. Better Signal strength

Someone kindly help with a dumbed down version of what I should be doing? what flash tools should I use and how do I replace oem files?

Many thanks

melowlis

Dec 20, 2022

I have

Hi. I have SOV40 i want to flash it to global rom but the UBL is no. Can i flash it to global rom? And the sim is lock will it unlock by flashing to global rom?

Jaisensei

Oct 10, 2022
Hi everyone, for now. What is the best solution/rom that support Volte in Malaysia for Sony Xperia 1. May i have the link to the selected room to download and how to flash it. Your cooperation is needed for now. 😄

Walkman91

Dec 27, 2022
Im using J9110 with latest 55.2.A.4.332 (sea)
Confirm that Sim Yes 4G/5G and Yoodo sim Volte fully function.
For AU and docomo, recomended download (Sea) firmware or (HK) firmware based on J8110 single sim.
Cross flash method.
Screenshot_20221228-002601.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I replaced only these files in the Customized_UK with the ones from Customized_SEA and now I have VoLTE!
    View attachment 5605753

still setting up the device and gonna see later whether the NFC is working or not.
    tho if it's no longer working, I don't really mind at all.

Thanks for this, I have an Xperia 1 AU KDDI Japan SOV40 flashed with J8110 UK Firmware, and flashed Customized Japan OEM for volte, now volte working, by the way I'm from the Philippines and I use DITO Telecommunity SIM which they don't have 2G and 3G Networks, only 4G and 5G that's why to use calls you need VOLTE Enabled on your device.
    I already flashed the Customized_UK firmware and yup it doesn't have the VoLTE option.
    but at least it now have the option to choose between 2G/3G/4G

can I just flash these oem and modem files, or I need to do a complete flash?
    I replaced only these files in the Customized_UK with the ones from Customized_SEA and now I have VoLTE!
    1651660488163.png

still setting up the device and gonna see later whether the NFC is working or not.
    tho if it's no longer working, I don't really mind at all.
    wait a minute... does that mean the Xperia 1 does have support for VoLTE, but it's just the firmware that doesn't support it?

I live in Indonesia and I'm using Smartfren, which they no longer have 2G and 3G, only 4G.
    I went to their customer support and they said that my Xperia 1 AU (SOV40) doesn't support VoLTE, so I can't make/receive any calls coming to/from my number.

which firmware do I need to flash in order to get the VoLTE working?
    I also really wanna flash the Global ROM to get temporary root and install Magisk.
    what do I need to do? should I cherry-pick mix 2 firmwares together?

I don't really care about the NFC tho.
    as long as only the NFC that gets disabled from flashing Global ROM / other model's official firmware, I'm fine with not having NFC.
    (sure, it's nice to have but, I even barely use the NFC on my XZ1)
    You can download the Xperia 1 Global FW I posted and flash to your phone. I am using that and have VoLTE
    ok understand, thanks for that, i am still figuring out why umobile malaysia voLTE not working

even VoLTE feature is available. As I know, Umobile and Yes4G may not work excepts other sims. If only your Xperia 1 is from Au/Softbank set.