• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

NEED HELP UNBRICKING ONEPLUS 8T WILL PAY FOR REPAIR AND OR WALKTHROUGH IN NYC arwa

Search This thread

amplatfus

Sep 26, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Hi,

You may try to boot to safe mode. Just a thought. If you choose to do it, I am not responsible if it would not work or if something else wrong happens.

Good luck!

yanggame

Jan 10, 2012
Method 1. Download Full ROM, and Payload Dumper. Extract payload.bin and put it to payload_input folder and all *.img files will be in payload_output folder. Use fastboot flash boot boot.img command and reboot. Device should work after reboot. If you need root, either flash a patched boot.img or use flashboot to flash TWRP and then install Magisk from TWRP.

Method 2. Manually flash *.img files. Reference: [GUIDE] Unbrick or restore to OOS using only fastboot

Method 3. Use MSMtool to wipe and restore your phone.

Note: If you lost WiFi AFTER your device is rooted, and if you ever installed a custom kernel, it's probably the RAMDISK (can't remember where I saw it before) causing the issue. Easy solution, flash same custom kernel again. Or try different kernels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Millyrocker

Lost Dog

Im on linux right now im trying to find a way to install windows but even thats not working smh
I applaud your use of linux! Unfortunately, I've not found a good solution under linux to do what the windows MSM tool can do. I had to book in to a full Win install in order to use it on my phone as well.

On a positive note, it's nearly impossible to truely brick these phones. The negative is the MSM tool needs windows. Unless someone can point to a linux solution (which I'd love) you may need to find a friend with Windows and borrow their computer...

The fact you are in fastboot loop makes me think you should be able to just fastboot flash everything manually. MSM is the nuclear option. I'd try getting the stock full ROM and manually flashing everything in fastboot.

What fastboot are you using? I've found that the one in many linux distributions are old. Download the latest from Android https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-linux.zip and use this.

yanggame

Jan 10, 2012
Im on linux right now im trying to find a way to install windows but even thats not working smh
EDL mode will reboot itself if there was no command sent to the phone. So you need to run MSM tool first and once you see the phone is recognized, just execute.

A real Windows should make whole process a lot more easier. If you use a VM, as long as Windows can recognize Qualcomm Modem driver, it should work too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method 1. Download Full ROM, and Payload Dumper. Extract payload.bin and put it to payload_input folder and all *.img files will be in payload_output folder. Use fastboot flash boot boot.img command and reboot. Device should work after reboot. If you need root, either flash a patched boot.img or use flashboot to flash TWRP and then install Magisk from TWRP.

Method 2. Manually flash *.img files. Reference: [GUIDE] Unbrick or restore to OOS using only fastboot

Method 3. Use MSMtool to wipe and restore your phone.

Note: If you lost WiFi AFTER your device is rooted, and if you ever installed a custom kernel, it's probably the RAMDISK (can't remember where I saw it before) causing the issue. Easy solution, flash same custom kernel again. Or try different kernels.