Need Help Unlocking Bootloader From ADB

Search This thread

mmxlover

Aug 24, 2015
No bootloader interface is found ! :(

Hi experts.

ADB interface driver can be easily installed when "USB debugging" is enabled in phone because this way it allows Windows to detect a device with name string "ADB interface driver" and its specific vendor id along with product id. In my case, VID is VID_0bb4 and PID is PID_0004&MI_02 ( this PID is for ADB interface only). There is no problem in installation and detection of "ADB interface". adb reboot-bootloader is working from both Windows 7 64 bit command prompt and Ubuntu 15.04 terminal. Till now it is okay.

Now, this is what I am stuck at.
if anyone understood me with previous part please help me unlocking bootloader because unlocking bootloader requires switching into "fastboot" mode. With ADB command I am able to switch my phone into "fastboot" mode successfully. Now I disconnect USB cable from phone. Phone is still in "fastboot" mode ("=>> fastboot ..." written in lowest left corner on the screen). I connect USB cable again. No other new device is found this time. Fastboot commands that is detecting my phone successfully is with that adb interface port. Why is that ? At least I have learned from Internet that "bootloader interface" is required for Windows to unlock bootloader. Now after searching through many android_winusb.inf file from USB driver folder, I found out that the device id (VID) is same for both "adb interface" and "bootloader interface" BUT product id (PID) is different for both interfaces. Now it is VID_0bb4&PID_0FFF.

According to inf, Windows/Linux will only detect "bootloader interface" when the device which here in this case is a phone provides the VID_0bb4&PID_0FFF through the USB cable. The real problem here is my phone which is Micromax Bolt A065 (Kitkat 4.4.2, Kernal 3.4.67) is providing only one VID/PID in both ADB and fastboot mode and that is of "ADB Interface" only.

How can I get my phone to send that "bootloader interface" vid/pid to Windows/Linux in fastboot mode ?

Latest Android SDK is installed.
Tested with many adb/fastboot USB Drivers from Internet.

Last edited: