Need help updating metro version moto one 5g ace from 10 to 11. Rooted

Search This thread

bobbyp1086

Title says is all, well not all. This would literally be the first update the phone got, I rooted day one out the box and keep the same firmware for flashing when switching roms, now that root is detected with a game, yes my root is depended on access to certain things, so I'm constantly rooting doing what is needed then uninstalling magisk. Very tiring. I wanted to get to Android 11, hoping no data loss, rooted if able and twrp if available for Android 11 on this one. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful, thanks in advanced

RETIEF

Sep 28, 2007
Moto G 5G
Without taking the OTA update, I know of nothing that will get you to 11 without wiping your data. (That is why backups are good.) lolinet has 11 firmware. TWRP can be had on Telegram. Magisk is available on the github.

bobbyp1086

Without taking the OTA update, I know of nothing that will get you to 11 without wiping your data. (That is why backups are good.) lolinet has 11 firmware. TWRP can be had on Telegram. Magisk is available on the github.
I have all the files needed, even without root ota says you up to date security patch January 2021 lol. I heard somewhere to edit the fstab to not auto reboot, kinda like Odin with Samsung's. Then flash thru twrp, thinking that would delete twrp, but hey is 11 really better?

RETIEF

Sep 28, 2007
Moto G 5G
I don't think you can flash a stock ROM with TWRP. No, I don't think 11 is better. That is just my opinion.

bobbyp1086

I don't think you can flash a stock ROM with TWRP. No, I don't think 11 is better. That is just my opinion.
I honestly hate everything after 5 lol. 10 is frustrating. 11 has rw I'm doing it, hell 5g speeds 200 apps, 10 minutes lol and for splifs and giggles, imma try thru twrp, replacing recovery.img with twrp, vbmeta blanked then go into service file and flanh file and change the md5, what could go wrong?