• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need help upgrading my TF101

Search This thread

jcancel53

Aug 22, 2017
Can someone give me a step by step instructions to upgrade my tablet, I would appreciated very much.
I have the old version build IML74k.US_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
Kernel Ver: 2.6.394, [email protected]#1
Android Ver: 4.0.3

Thanks
Jcancel53

Gsmdeta

Mar 15, 2017
Hi bro

Can someone give me a step by step instructions to upgrade my tablet, I would appreciated very much.

Thanks
Jcancel53

There is no official update any more but you can install custom roms first step

Rooting
Installing rom recover (TWRP)
Download custom rom
Download Gapps
Download superSu
Backup your data
Backup your rom
Reset factory
Wipe portions
Install zip downloaded rom
Wipe delvik cach
Install Gapps zip
Install supersu zip
Reboot
Enjoy!!

In next post I will explain all of them :)

Reactions: jcancel53

Gsmdeta

Mar 15, 2017
Resume

Rooting
Download custom rom
Download Gapps
Download superSu
Backup your data
Backup your rom
Reset factory
Wipe portions
Wipe delvik cach
Install Gapps zip
Install supersu zip
Reboot
Enjoy!!

For rooting easily just download kingroot for pc and connect your pad to pc and just click the kingroot ROOT bottom

After 100% progress your pad will root now need download apps and ROM

Open this link for getting rom and Gapps and super su

https://forum.xda-developers.com/eee-pad-transformer/development/rom-t3318496

Then backup your personal data from your pad you can use moborobo backup app for pc and take backup

When you installed TWRP hold power+down volume and them up volume in rom recovery go to backup and insert your sd card and take backup from all portions after backup

Don't forget to put the downloaded files in your external sd card

Go to wipe part and slid for reset factory and if crashed
Just if crashed or during a installing rom you got error like can't moment data or system or catch portions wipe them manually one bye one and after it try to repair system and cach portions too

Now go for installing zip update in twrp Automatically show you all portions in list find ex_sdcard it means your external sd go and select rom.zip file and automatically after update twrp will show you the wipe the devlik and reset factory just tab wipe devlik and tab back and select zip update again and install Gapps and then again back and install super su
And finally reboot :)

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Thsnks very much and also will wait for additional post on this subject.

You know also there is a part for customizing xposed but you know it's doesn't work well on android 6 and the exited zip sdk will make your hardware failed to boot I don't know why but till now on 3 Samsung devices that I test with 7.1.2 & 6 xposed failed to boot so I'm sorry that can't tell you to use it
But if I found a way I will tell you :)

belugabob

Nov 25, 2017
I'm also looking for very simple instructions for upgrading my TF101 beyond 4.0.3 (as I understand that this will solve the sluggish behaviour that it's been exhibiting for some time)
Have download KingRoot onto my PC, enabled USB debugging on the TF101 & the rooting process started. After it reached about 25%, it terminated with a 'Device is not adaptive'
Am I missing something obviouis?

dgbraunie

Mar 4, 2018
Noob attempting upgrade to TF101 to KatKiss 6.0.1

Like many here I'm trying to upgrade my TF101. It has gotten very sluggish and the browser just quits after just a couple pages loaded. I trying the procedure to install KatKiss 6.0.1 as posted by timduru and others on this forum.

But I am very new to the Android realm so much hand-holding is required.

On to the problem at hand. Finally got my PC to recognize the device after a cable changeout. Attempted to root device with Kingroot, got 50%+ complete then rooting procedure crapped out with 'Device is not adaptive' same message as belugabob reported.

During rooting procedure, ESET AV deleted an Android/Exploit.Lotoor.EW and Android.Exploit.Lotoor.HA variants. I'm guessing this may have something to do with failing to root the device.

So questions (at this time) are:
Should I disable ESET AV during the rooting procedure?
Is there a better package to use to try and root the device? Some posts in this forum are very skeptical about Kingroot.
Should I just install the rooting package on the TF101?
I do not care about any data on the device. That being the case, is there a shortcut to upgrading the TF101?
Do I even need to root the device?

Thanks for any help.

DGBraunie

Orgasmtrron

Feb 29, 2016
Pune
Like many here I'm trying to upgrade my TF101. It has gotten very sluggish and the browser just quits after just a couple pages loaded. I trying the procedure to install KatKiss 6.0.1 as posted by timduru and others on this forum.

But I am very new to the Android realm so much hand-holding is required.

On to the problem at hand. Finally got my PC to recognize the device after a cable changeout. Attempted to root device with Kingroot, got 50%+ complete then rooting procedure crapped out with 'Device is not adaptive' same message as belugabob reported.

During rooting procedure, ESET AV deleted an Android/Exploit.Lotoor.EW and Android.Exploit.Lotoor.HA variants. I'm guessing this may have something to do with failing to root the device.

So questions (at this time) are:
Should I disable ESET AV during the rooting procedure?
Is there a better package to use to try and root the device? Some posts in this forum are very skeptical about Kingroot.
Should I just install the rooting package on the TF101?
I do not care about any data on the device. That being the case, is there a shortcut to upgrading the TF101?
Do I even need to root the device?

Thanks for any help.

DGBraunie
Nice!

Laplante

Jan 9, 2019
my i tryed but i cant enter " recovery mode " and select " update from external
storage " because avery tiem "recovery mode " start it crash ,what can i do ?

ar_156

Mar 3, 2007
Don't waste your time, I've teste each custom ROMs for TF101, every unofficial firmware gets very annoying random reboot when you start any app, it makes your TF101 unuseble, I had to flash back my TF101 to stock 4.0.3, and use it as a photo slider because 4.0.3 is not supported by Google so it will not run Youtube, chrome, etc.

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
Anyone still using this device I have one and I'm thinking of bringing it back to life but first I need to purchase a new charger and USB cord for it. also I wouldn't mind finding the original keyboard doc does anyone know where I'd find a USB charger and the keyboard dock? Thanks Ron.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi bro

Thanks
    Jcancel53

Rooting
    Download custom rom
    Download Gapps
    Download superSu
    Backup your data
    Backup your rom
    Reset factory
    Wipe portions
    Wipe delvik cach
    Install Gapps zip
    Install supersu zip
    Reboot
    Enjoy!!