• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need help with "dead" blackscreen

Search This thread

EnderPBO

Dec 1, 2014
When I turn on phone it shows boot logo, but then black screen appears. Sound and touch work but screen is "dead" (only when system is running).

VladSector

Dec 14, 2014
hardware problem, replacement of the motherboard or display
Is there water in the device?
if not, did you install modifications in the system (gsi, custom firmware, custom boot, etc.)?

(Google Translate Russian>>English)

VladSector

Dec 14, 2014
Everyone who had this problem either got wet (the child licked the phone, etc.), or dropped it

There are a lot of such killed devices in Russia, and almost all of them had water. They were helped by the replacement of the screen

EnderPBO

Dec 1, 2014
Everyone who had this problem either got wet (the child licked the phone, etc.), or dropped it

There are a lot of such killed devices in Russia, and almost all of them had water. They were helped by the replacement of the screen

That sounds weird to replace screen if it works. Recovery, boot screen etc show up with no problem but when soft is running it turns black. I've been trying hard reset, reinstalling software etc but It doesn't work. Even guy at local repair service can't do anything about it.

VladSector

Dec 14, 2014
That sounds weird to replace screen if it works. Recovery, boot screen etc show up with no problem but when soft is running it turns black. I've been trying hard reset, reinstalling software etc but It doesn't work. Even guy at local repair service can't do anything about it.

only replacing the display, this is a hardware problem, it cannot be solved by software.

for those who had such a problem, only a replacement helped them (in some cases, it only helped to replace the motherboard)

TuningLife

Apr 22, 2020
me too

I have the same problem with a customer's a51, it's very strange, I did hard reset, flashed a new firmware, but when it turns on it stays on the boot logo and then when it enters the os it remains the boot logo and if I press the lock screen button remains black, I also activated the voice assistant for the blind and it actually says "screen off" "screen on" etc ...

nIMa_aZx

Dec 15, 2012
Tehran
For those who have this problem, one of my family member A51 was dropped in water and had this problem. I tested every software reset factory and reinstalling official ROM. but the screen went off but voice assistant could be heard. screen worked properly in recovery mode. I gave it to unofficial repair center. after a lot of tests they said mainboard must be changed and LCD had critical issue. both of them must be replaced. Somebody say that Samsung mobile quality is better than Xiaomi !! :))