• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need help with LG V405

Search This thread

ShanaSGC

Apr 3, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Why don't I see anyone talking about V40 Verizon, I have one, firmware V405UA20f and it doesn't have fastboot, can't enable oem unlock in deverlop setting. It's like using an iPhone lock. So what should I do if I want to root it and install a new rom?
Thanks

Why don't I see anyone talking about V40 Verizon, I have one, firmware V405UA20f and it doesn't have fastboot, can't enable oem unlock in deverlop setting. It's like using an iPhone lock. So what should I do if I want to root it and install a new rom?
Thanks
I've been a longtime rooter of cell phones, ever since the LG Ally. This particular phone doesn't seem to beg to be rooted, in my honest opinion. There is so much that can be done without rooting, and it also affords one to backup the phone on the external SD card. I can quite happily live with the phone as is in stock form.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

ShanaSGC

Apr 3, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
I've been a longtime rooter of cell phones, ever since the LG Ally. This particular phone doesn't seem to beg to be rooted, in my honest opinion. There is so much that can be done without rooting, and it also affords one to backup the phone on the external SD card. I can quite happily live with the phone as is in stock form.

Yes, thanks for your opinion, I'm fine with the original rom, but I'm a little worried about the battery and customizations in my phone, I want to fix something. There must still be another way to root?

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
Yes, thanks for your opinion, I'm fine with the original rom, but I'm a little worried about the battery and customizations in my phone, I want to fix something. There must still be another way to root?

I never get US Carrier phones because they hate root and will try anyway to try disable or remove something so you cant do it, because they want you to use as is and they sucks with optimizations for new OS and slows down phone. This is why I get the US Unlocked model when LG releases it but sadly the V50 did not get a US Unlocked so Ill get the V60 if it does.

ShanaSGC

Apr 3, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
I never get US Carrier phones because they hate root and will try anyway to try disable or remove something so you cant do it, because they want you to use as is and they sucks with optimizations for new OS and slows down phone. This is why I get the US Unlocked model when LG releases it but sadly the V50 did not get a US Unlocked so Ill get the V60 if it does.

Hope it does, btw I am in Vietnam and I can use Vietnam sim, so my phone is the unlocked version, isn't it?

Cause my phone still have Verizon app so im not sure

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
Hope it does, btw I am in Vietnam and I can use Vietnam sim, so my phone is the unlocked version, isn't it?

Cause my phone still have Verizon app so im not sure

Theres an international unlocked and an US unlocked model. You can tell by going into about phone and looking what model you have. Your phone was probably sim unlocked if it has verizon apps as an pre installed app. The international unlocked V40 variant should be V405EBW and the US unlocked variant is the V405QA7