Need help with semi-bricked Note 10 Plus (SM-N975F) - Stuck on recovery/download mode

Search This thread

RedSpikeJr

Oct 4, 2019
Didn't know where to post this exactly, to be honest. This will be a long post
I was flashing AOSP roms in the phone. Tried to go back to One UI for the VoLTE thing
In one of the AOSP roms I couldn't install it in Lineage Recovery (older version of the rom thing). I saw i one post that doing an ADB Sideload in TWRP could solve the flashing problem. Did that. No issues
Wanted to test another AOSP rom but didn't boot (bootloop), so then I tried to go back to One UI. Don't remember if I did a format data in that moment.
After installing the rom and reboot to system, the phone doesn't even show the splash screen.

But tried to go to download mode and it went there, so the phone is still alive

Tried also going to recovery and it boots there (just to recovery and download mode)

I tried everything I could:
  • Flashed another custom ROM without success
  • Flashed other AOSP roms again
  • Changed the recovery (Lineage, TWRP and Stock tested)
  • Flashed the stock firmware through Odin several times
  • Tried to do a re-partition in Odin
  • Did several factory resets
Nothing seems to work. The weird thing is that, with any rom that I try to install, it tells that is installed, but when I go to the file manager in TWRP, it doesn't install anything. The free space before the installation is the same as after it. I don't know what else I can do. I just have the hope because the phone starts in BL and recovery

Anyone have any idea of what can I do to solve this? Or if there is a way to install the OS outside Odin or recovery (or ADB)

Attachments

• dl.jpeg
    dl.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: PAKONAN666

RedSpikeJr

Oct 4, 2019
Tried with fastboot (Lineage Recovery) with several commands, and I think I found the issue. The system partition got corrupted. Need to know how to repair it (tried already with the repair option in TWRP)

fas.png

Any help with this?

PAKONAN666

Aug 24, 2019
Good afternoon faithful and unfaithful
Unfaithful Redspikejr
The barbarian from Pakonan has no idea about this but in your case he would do the following since I have had your problems and it was resolved positively.
I'm going to try to help you, I don't know English and I use a translator, I hope it's good to understand each other. Luck

First option

1 I want you to put through odin in AP twrp-3.6.0_9-2-d2s_official_jan22.tar unchecking auto reboot
2 in twrp delete data and say YES restart in twrp again and try to install PixelExperience_d2s-12.1-20220522-1749-OFFICIAL. I understand you will have it on the SD, if not, put the ROM on a USB key and try to install it in TWRP.
If you manage to install it, then install magisk apk and restart the system.
3 once started install magisk apk and ready.

Second option

1 I want you to put through odin in AP twrp-3.6.0_9-2-d2s_official_jan22.tar unchecking auto reboot
2 in twrp delete data and say YES reboot in twrp again and install the Recovery lineage.img and reboot in Recovery lineage and Factory reset & reset system partitions
3 Install the PixelExperience_d2s-12.1-20220522-1749-OFFICIAL. I understand you will have it on the SD, if not, put the ROM on a USB key and install from there. turn off the phone and
4 in download mode odin AP twrp-3.6.0_9-2-d2s_official_jan22.tar unchecking auto reboot reboot into TWRP
5 Install Magisk apk and reboot system.
once started install magisk apk and ready.
remember to have the cable plugged in to enter TWRP and download while you are following the steps. Good luck, you will say.
Salu2 of your most faithful infidel Pako

RedSpikeJr

Oct 4, 2019
To update the situation
The battery of the phone in inflated like a balloon. I don't know for sure if that was caused by something physical, but will update when have some news

Titanity

May 28, 2018
i still have the same problem and still hunger for a solution because i just bought it :) .. Been running quite a few firmwares now. and bootloaders and kernels and recoverys so far... but whats funny is in pixel recovery it said i had a "d2x" model which is SM-N976 model with 5G... But every elsewhere it says d2s which is note10+. Odin also says SM-N975F model... But anyways... I really really hope someone finds a solution. Because im stuck as hell...

I also made a thread my self

And i think its VBMETA problem. BUT i dont have any experience on that term...

Crossing fingers still...

AmercianPM

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Holy Hell, Im am so glad im not the only one that this is happened to. I will be more happy when we find a solution. I have put myself (device) in some questionable states but this has been a first and strange one for me . Its like being so close to booting into system then nothing.

AmercianPM

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Holy Hell, Im am so glad im not the only one that this is happened to. I will be more happy when we find a solution. I have put myself (device) in some questionable states but this has been a first and strange one for me . Its like being so close to booting into system then nothing.

I found this link this morning. Im sure this is the culprit.

Vdm1

Aug 20, 2020
I experienced today something like you. It did not let me flash even stock firmware. But I succeeded to get out. I flased via ODIN BL slot from Dr.Ketan and in AP slot TWRP and nothing else. And I managed to enter the TWRP recovery and from there I restored previous backup.

Titanity

May 28, 2018
Udklip.PNG

I will try to do a multipost due to more threads and problems which are the same...

But this is the solution...

In my folder on the picture you will see 2 files i marked with green color...

Use the file and burn it according to your current setup. Odin or custom recovery.

And the problem will be solved. Used 14 days and countless of hours to get out of this boot loop!

So im finally happy to see the boot up screen without pressing into download mode or recovery mode...

The folder on the picture is to be found on this forum... Just cant remember from which thread exackly :)

GL

AmercianPM

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
View attachment 5656047

I will try to do a multipost due to more threads and problems which are the same...

But this is the solution...

In my folder on the picture you will see 2 files i marked with green color...

Use the file and burn it according to your current setup. Odin or custom recovery.

And the problem will be solved. Used 14 days and countless of hours to get out of this boot loop!

So im finally happy to see the boot up screen without pressing into download mode or recovery mode...

The folder on the picture is to be found on this forum... Just cant remember from which thread exackly :)

GL
Bless you. My poor phone was down since 6-20. I was just kicking myself in the ass the other day saying if I got my phone to boot again i would never flash **** it on it ever again... @Titanity thank you so much for making me look like a liar. Now lets see what else we can do lol.

AmercianPM

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So you got it to work? And whats up next?
Yes it did. I have gotten myself in some pretty bleak spots in the past and have been able to resolve all my issues on my own research, troubleshooting, trial and error etc. but I had never had a device that was actually able to power on, flash twrp, stockfirmware pass in odin, tried all type of pit file patches, adb and fastboot commands and still not be able to get into OS completely stumped me and I had exhausted so much time on it that i came to the conclusion that one of the talented members of XDA would for sure come up with a solution and I was right.

Sorry for the blabber, Ive been just a watcher of this site for many years and have never had to engage so my apologies for my forum etiquette.

I main focus now is to find a good rom to run with nethunter. I was running Dr. ketan Rom with nethunter while installing every LSposed Module that sounded cool and was beyond impressed by how stable my device still performed (one of my largest TWRP backups was 49Gb btw.) So yea, look for something with a strong kernal, light rom to see what I like. I have yet to try the new roms out due to unfamiliar processes of installing outside of Odin. Its been a while since I had some free time tinker in this space again.

Titanity

May 28, 2018
Yea im just a watcher my self... it took me a few days until i decided to make this solution. Because i do think it was a important solution i found. But yes im just a watcher my self...

Now im stuck again though because i have a faulty usb-c, so its claming theres water inthe entrance which there isnt. And i been looking all over the forums for a solution like 3 times now. And people are just trying to trick the fault or acturally have a solution... But thats only IF they have water inside and the stupid alarm goes off...

Instead i need a solution to disable it now that its rooted. So need to know exackly what to look for and theres no help to get here. So kinda stuck... Irritating because i just wanna use it for dex... And not dex wiesless because its lagging on the mouse and what not... So my adapter need the recharge entrance and ... doh! Long journey so far... And its far from ended... :)

But im very happy it worked out for you... Keep in touch if you need another silly question. Then i might have silly questions for you aswell :) Good day my friend

budz86

Jul 19, 2022
@Titanity Bless your heart, I need your help :D. I broke my friends phone which is a note 10 plus, and all that you guys mentioned about trying everything I did as well.. I read your solution but I dont know where to find the files you marked and how to go about them exactly... the phone is currently on stock recovery and is stuck there.

Titanity

May 28, 2018
Okay do you have a option to use a mic and the software discord? i do belive its easier for both of us if we can do this with direct communication. If you dont want to use / have a mic. Then its also fine. Discord got a chat aswell so dont be shy :) I have my own discord which is:

Ill pop op now and then, but im not a streamer anymore on twitch. So dont be mistaken by the server info...

Look forward to see you on there. And ill make sure to have the files ready for you :)

Until then ☠️ haha

EDIT: I just uploaded a package filled with "i help you in case of emergency" files. Make sure to download it before entering discord. Get it at...

https://easyupload.io/xwlk0w - and the PW is: titanity (30 days avalible)

Also have info ready like: is the model a 975F or? what firmware is on it at the moment. Is the bootloader unlocked. But also things like do you ever used TWRP before and know how to use it etc?

Its a package filled with files of my choice, but made by people from the forum. So no credit goes to me but them...

Have in mind that all the time i been on the forum i always just read the forum and downloaded when needed, so its the first time im trying to help others... But im optimistic!

Last edited:

budz86

Jul 19, 2022
Okay do you have a option to use a mic and the software discord? i do belive its easier for both of us if we can do this with direct communication. If you dont want to use / have a mic. Then its also fine. Discord got a chat aswell so dont be shy :) I have my own discord which is:

Ill pop op now and then, but im not a streamer anymore on twitch. So dont be mistaken by the server info...

Look forward to see you on there. And ill make sure to have the files ready for you :)

Until then ☠️ haha

EDIT: I just uploaded a package filled with "i help you in case of emergency" files. Make sure to download it before entering discord. Get it at...

https://easyupload.io/xwlk0w - and the PW is: titanity (30 days avalible)

Also have info ready like: is the model a 975F or? what firmware is on it at the moment. Is the bootloader unlocked. But also things like do you ever used TWRP before and know how to use it etc?

Its a package filled with files of my choice, but made by people from the forum. So no credit goes to me but them...

Have in mind that all the time i been on the forum i always just read the forum and downloaded when needed, so its the first time im trying to help others... But im optimistic!
@Titanity bro that's so generous of you, alright.. downloading and will join discord then :), Thanks dude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Didn't know where to post this exactly, to be honest. This will be a long post
    I was flashing AOSP roms in the phone. Tried to go back to One UI for the VoLTE thing
    In one of the AOSP roms I couldn't install it in Lineage Recovery (older version of the rom thing). I saw i one post that doing an ADB Sideload in TWRP could solve the flashing problem. Did that. No issues
    Wanted to test another AOSP rom but didn't boot (bootloop), so then I tried to go back to One UI. Don't remember if I did a format data in that moment.
    After installing the rom and reboot to system, the phone doesn't even show the splash screen.

But tried to go to download mode and it went there, so the phone is still alive

Tried also going to recovery and it boots there (just to recovery and download mode)

I tried everything I could:
    • Flashed another custom ROM without success
    • Flashed other AOSP roms again
    • Changed the recovery (Lineage, TWRP and Stock tested)
    • Flashed the stock firmware through Odin several times
    • Tried to do a re-partition in Odin
    • Did several factory resets
    Nothing seems to work. The weird thing is that, with any rom that I try to install, it tells that is installed, but when I go to the file manager in TWRP, it doesn't install anything. The free space before the installation is the same as after it. I don't know what else I can do. I just have the hope because the phone starts in BL and recovery

Anyone have any idea of what can I do to solve this? Or if there is a way to install the OS outside Odin or recovery (or ADB)