Question Need help with twrp

Search This thread

Kerrylee1738$$$

Sep 29, 2022
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Alright I finally rooted my Google pixel 6a using the pixel flasher and it is a really nice tool. My problem now is this phone isn't supported on the twrp app.and I don't remember seeing the option to flash twrp from the pixel flasher. Any advice on where and how I would go about getting a recovery installed? Thanks

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Alright I finally rooted my Google pixel 6a using the pixel flasher and it is a really nice tool. My problem now is this phone isn't supported on the twrp app.and I don't remember seeing the option to flash twrp from the pixel flasher. Any advice on where and how I would go about getting a recovery installed? Thanks
Pixel devices do not have dedicated recovery partitions, as Samsung devices do. The recovery kernel is in the boot image.

There is no need to flash TWRP on a Pixel device. If you want to use it, you can live boot it, but for the most part it's unnecessary because we can flash partitions directly from bootloader.

• Love
Reactions: charly30

Tomatcree

Aug 1, 2022
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4a
Pixel devices do not have dedicated recovery partitions, as Samsung devices do. The recovery kernel is in the boot image.

There is no need to flash TWRP on a Pixel device. If you want to use it, you can live boot it, but for the most part it's unnecessary because we can flash partitions directly from bootloader.
I think he means this, live booting into any TWRP img doesnt work, he is asking for where to find a custom recovery to live boot or whatever, right? @Kerrylee1738$$$

Top Liked Posts