• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need of Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant

Search This thread

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
I also have the "firmware upgrade issue...please use Software Repair Assistant & try again" error on my phone and I have no clue what to do from here. I'm so sorry to be so ignorant about this. but I've searched the internet for 2 days now and I just cant live without my phone working. I rooted my phone (and never once upgraded anything) So I decided to go ahead and unroot before I f'd my phone up. But i f'd it up anyway. I just need to get it back to its normal ol self-phone in its useable state again. If there is anyway anyone could walk me through what to do and how to fix this, I would be forever in debt!

i was reading on the forum and saw that this fixed it, but I have no idea how to flash the pit file or what that even means. any help would be greatly appreciated

If you were able to successfully root your phone, then it sounds like you were probably on 4.4.2 before your phone got messed up.

If you can still get into the phone's Stock Recovery to do a factory reset, (by holding volume up+home button+power button all at same time).... I would probably try that first.

If that doesn't fix things, then it sounds like you may need to restore the phone back to stock.

If you haven't found it yet, then check out Droidstyle's Restore guide here: ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46461911 ).
Follow the steps in Section 1 to restore your phone back to stock 4.4.2. You can root again with Towelroot after you get the phone restored.

I'm assuming that you have a standard Retail Verizon Note 3... and not the Developer's Edition, so you'll want to download the RETAIL Locked N3 Restore File - "Official VRUCNC4 4.4.2", and the pit file ("HLTE_32gb.PitFile"). You will need to use the ODIN program on your PC to push the firmware and pit file onto the phone to restore it.

If you aren't familiar with Odin, here is an up-to-date link that gives general info on using ODIN: (http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...k-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html#post4265806). This is for general reference only, so follow Droidstyle's Restore steps and links for the download files - - including the pit file instructions) .

**ODIN will automatically have the boxes for "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" checked, so leave those alone. When you load the pit file, Odin will also automatically place a check mark in the "Re-partition" box, so leave it that way. No other boxes should have check marks in them. Double check this and also make sure that you loaded the .tar firmware file into to AP slot in ODIN 3.09 before you hit start. After hitting start, don't unplug the phone from the computer until Odin fully completes and you see a "Pass" or "Fail" message at the top in Odin. If Odin fails, then copy the error log so you can paste it and provide information to others on XDA for further help.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2013
chennai
please help dude! :(

Hey guys i'm currently having an issue where i used tried updating with Kies and now im stuck in a odin screen displaying "Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again." Odin doesn't work in this case at all. I tried looking for the software online and found a link to a fellow xda member but the windows version doesn't work. I know to get the software you just plug in the phone and usually the verizon installer shows first before you have the option to go MTP. Is it possible for somebody to get me the folder with the installation files.

Me now exactly having the same issue!! :( i looked that pit flashing solution link but pit link says "404 file not found" error! so please help me how to get back my mobile :/
Thanks in advance :)

patrick.sy.lau

Dec 13, 2010
Ann Arbor
Sorry for reviving this old thread again, but I've run into the same issue. I'm somehow stuck on Initialization on ODIN when I try flash pit or any of the MD5 files.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..

Here's my product information:
PRODUCT CODE: SCH-I535
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same problem and flashing the PIT file in Odin is what fixed it. You can get the file here -
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2484064
    Hey guys i'm currently having an issue where i used tried updating with Kies and now im stuck in a odin screen displaying "Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again." Odin doesn't work in this case at all. I tried looking for the software online and found a link to a fellow xda member but the windows version doesn't work. I know to get the software you just plug in the phone and usually the verizon installer shows first before you have the option to go MTP. Is it possible for somebody to get me the folder with the installation files.
    Yes, you're the man! This worked for me as well. I do have a question for you though. See if you can solve this one. The reason this happened is because I had my phone rooted then stupidly installed the factory update then tried to root again once I found out that after the install my phone wasn't rooted anymore. Do you know a way around this? Thanks again for the help saving my phone!

If you took the update, the only root method is Kingo. It is controversial, but many have used it with great success.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk HD
    I have been reading a little about the Kingo method and I was thinking about it but I do all of my banking and have many accounts with my credit card on the all on my phone so I have been kind of worried about it. How long do you think it will take for someone to come up with a standard odin root for the dummies like me who took the upgrade? I really appreciate all of your help with this by the way. I don't know where I'd be with out XDA in general.

You can try it this way. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2498850
    the new build number on my phone is now N9000VVRUBMJ7 I looked at the link you gave me and it's not on there. Thanks anyways. I love to hear any ideas that anyone has. I'm thinking that I'm either going to have to use the Kingo method or just wait for someone to come up with a root method for the new MJ7 build number but I'm afraid that might take a while since I don't even think that someone has even come up with one for the S4 updated software yet.

I believe this is the file. http://downloads.crackflasher.com/s...VRUBMJ7_N900VVZWMJ7_N900VVRUBMJ7_HOME.tar.md5