Search This thread

mara91

Aug 27, 2020
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Datlevn and dxD7

dxD7

Feb 3, 2021
WOW, I'm glad you didn't give up, congratulation. You wouldn't believe how happy I am for you, thanks for the tutorial I hope it can help many others in our situation :D

Last edited:

Lázaro1019

Feb 11, 2020
Thank you very much to all the participants of this thread, thanks to you I managed to repair my note 8t without spending money on technical services

Reactions: dxD7
ok ,, ,,hey folks.. for those who are still trying to figure out.. ,there is still hope- sahara error'' and in such..cases...
( i will keep it short, so then you can go and experiment )

First
''i came across to -this video
''
(he copies rom files under ''QFIL/bin or something.. in his case)
- trying this method, gaved me hope.. i actually got some different kind of installation error of some kind. instead of -sahara error.

Next ''searching.. i came to a post where there is ''also'' ''an explanation about how QPST have to be installed and in which directory, in which partititon of you PC''...
-boommm...

arpit_nnd's post:​

read-- it- experiment ...

note -
/in my case- i haven't succeded with flashing through a firmware only.. i flashed it.. i wasn't able to boot.. but i was able to go into fastboot so then i installed matching twrp version with my device (redmi note 8) by ADB commands.. then surprisingly ..hah'' i was in TWRP recovery mode, -it was surprising, because.. well i wasn't attempting to boot into recovery by pressing power+volume up buttons.. just pressing power button.. so from there... i installed some custom rom sdcard-..and moving on my life ..

Reactions: dxD7

haydarsahin34

Feb 6, 2017
if you still stuck, this is what i did,
i downloaded the fastboot rom that i want to flash
then i opened the device back cover and located the pin for the edl mode and then i unplugged the battary
so after this i install qpst v2.7.480 and then go to the folder of installation and locate qfil, and if you have used another qfil before this you need to renter the information even if it is entered it solved my problem, and you will need the QDLoaderHS_USB_Driver
and then do as thisView attachment 5191919
before this step make sure you have replaced the file with the one in the extracted rom.
and then plug your phone and short the two pins using a wire or anything else which will make your device enter edl mode
and then hit the download button and hopefully the download will start, after all this you should have a working phone.
You saved my life ! Thank you so much bro!

manrock111

May 9, 2011
Internet
how do you manage to brick it?

i am going to flash android 10 custom rom on android 11 miui 12.5 latest update. I am worrying!

Dan225

Dec 22, 2013
Need help please, I tried all filehorse files in this thread for my redmi note 8T with two differents fastboot roms. But
I have the same errors. My phone is already in EDL mode and I see the qualcom HS USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager.
Please ! i need help brothers.

ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data: 276 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
ERROR: function: sahara_main:982 Sahara protocol error
ERROR: function: main:320 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail: Process fail

panonski

Jun 22, 2013
Need help please, I tried all filehorse files in this thread for my redmi note 8T with two differents fastboot roms. But
I have the same errors. My phone is already in EDL mode and I see the qualcom HS USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager.
Please ! i need help brothers.

ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data: 276 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
ERROR: function: sahara_main:982 Sahara protocol error
ERROR: function: main:320 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail: Process fail

DID YOU SOLVE ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOU HERE

my redmi note 8 ginkgo come back from the dead after 10 hours phone dead and wandering thru internet and many forum ( english only )

iam on windows 10 64 bit,, using usb 2.0 port, original xiaomi usb cable
    at this point any flashing guide i already do, nothing work, except i have authorize account, which i dont have.

edit : My board number is 1.29

here is exactly what iam doing

1.download latest QPST from here
    (at the time, iam using Version v2.7.480

2.install and finish it.

3.iam using this rom
    ginkgo_global_images_V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM_20201119.0000.00_9.0_global
    from here :

4. download the prog_emmc_firehorse from here
    this one is the one posted by RealYoti from 2nd page.

ok, from here, all the file necessary is ready

5. copy / move the prog_emmc_firehorse that you download to the FASTBOOT ROM location, put inside "images" folder, replace the original.

6. now the Phone , remove back cover, remove the battery connector, sort test point to edl mode

7. connect the device until it recognized by the PC as 9008 ( if hard to recognize, press power button about 10 second and repeat shorting the test poin pin )

8. now, open the QFIL.exe,in my case :
    C/Program Files(x86)/Qualcomm/QPST/bin/

CONFIGURATION

a. Select Build Type : Flat Build
    b. Select Programmer : ( Locate to prog_emmc_firehorse inside the firmware images folder )
    c. LoadXML : RawProgram > rawprogram0.xml // Patch > patch0.xml
    d. look at top right, SelectPort, make sure its detected ( just to make sure its connected and detected )

now everything set, hit that Blue Download button, if the blue bar is loading, then everything is working and flashing, just wait until it finish and says success.
    after success, just remove the usb, put back the battery port, and hold power, your phone should back alive.

sorry if there is misspell and miswrite.
    i hope someone find this usefull, thank you again for everyone here.
    what qpst version u use?
    can you tell step by step, because i always get sahara fail, have try different port no luck. thanks
    if you still stuck, this is what i did,
    i downloaded the fastboot rom that i want to flash
    then i opened the device back cover and located the pin for the edl mode and then i unplugged the battary
    so after this i install qpst v2.7.480 and then go to the folder of installation and locate qfil, and if you have used another qfil before this you need to renter the information even if it is entered it solved my problem, and you will need the QDLoaderHS_USB_Driver
    and then do as this
    SharedScreenshot.jpeg

before this step make sure you have replaced the file with the one in the extracted rom.
    and then plug your phone and short the two pins using a wire or anything else which will make your device enter edl mode
    and then hit the download button and hopefully the download will start, after all this you should have a working phone.
    WOW, I'm glad you didn't give up, congratulation. You wouldn't believe how happy I am for you, thanks for the tutorial I hope it can help many others in our situation :D
    i want to thank you it flashed correctly and it is working now thank you and every one that has helped
    hopefully this will help someone else i have used qfil from this link
    thanks i haved the same error and solved with this link. really very thanks for you and others