Need rom Lineage 17.1 / Lineage 18 for Sm-T280

Search This thread

T2100-0

Jan 16, 2022
Sorry that nobody replied.
You need to make your own custom ROM from scratch.
Besides, it's probably going to be a bit slow.

Zhao li

Sep 23, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hello, Thank you to answer my post about SM T280
I wanted to build this But I don't have complete guide to build ROM and I don't know how to start I have seen some videos and sites about building ROM but didn't helped and faced me some errors specially in REPO SYNC STEP

Zhao li

Sep 23, 2021
I'm a new member. You have a better chance of getting a good reply if you ask in this thread:
Thanks I have seen this

Maybe I find a way to build Lineage OS 17.1 for this tablet

So Be patient...!

COMING SOON.....!

Last edited:
Reactions: SolidIcecube

Zhao li

Sep 23, 2021

Thanks but this is not enough Google no longer supports Android 5.1.1 We need to create new Android for this device to create this we must know how to create device and kernal tree for this device unfortunately there is no clear instructions to build for such devices and I have no knowledge
I asked for some developers but they said that the chipset of this tablet is speedtrum not Qualcomn and building device tree for these chispset is hard and so on

Zhao li

Sep 23, 2021
The latest build is lineage 14 but this Rom has some bugs the best point for this Rom is that you can use your SD Card stoarge as your internal stoarge so you can install a lot of apps with large sizes it depends for your SDCard stoarge But the big problem is about Googleplay services some apps couldn't run without Google Play like Duolingo
As a result If you want install apps that need google play you should install official Rom with lack of stoarge if you want install alot of apps you should use lineage14 but no google play support and you have some bugs

T2100-0

Jan 16, 2022
I created new device tree for this tablet but has errors during the build I put my device tree link so please someone help to edit or upgrade it that is all I know maybe I continue it later

Use _mone's tree or something.
I'm trying to port the A 10.1 (2016)'s ROM to the T280, building a ROM from scratch is hard for me.

Reactions: Zhao li

Zhao li

Sep 23, 2021
Use _mone's tree or something.
I'm trying to port the A 10.1 (2016)'s ROM to the T280, building a ROM from scratch is hard for me
Yes also for me is hard because we have no complete guide for creating dt .
I am trying to build Android N lineage or other projects first then build for higher versions. we have also some bugs for cm14 however I have solved mone's rom issue about Restarting Randomly it was very effective .The tablet will not restart anymore

Last edited:

T2100-0

Jan 16, 2022
The tablet will not restart anymore

Mine only restarts if it's doing a hard task. In _mone's first build, the red lines stopped it restarting.
Good luck Thanks
Please add option to select SD card as internal Stoarge .It is Mandatory option for this tablet
I'm not the best at porting. It's just easier to do.
If you want, you could make a version with an option like that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts