• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(Need testers) CM11 beta port for Samsung Tab 3 Lite SM-T110/1

Search This thread

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
I have seen that on the stock ROM as well, but I'm not too sure if it'll work. How would we go on with installing firmware that doesn't exist anyway?

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
You are right. I didn't focus clearly on what's that project is and it seems like it deploy linux on that tablet.
Looks interesting though. I'll try to port it to SM110, maybe we could use it to install newer apk's over it.

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
You are right. I didn't focus clearly on what's that project is and it seems like it deploy linux on that tablet.
Looks interesting though. I'll try to port it to SM110, maybe we could use it to install newer apk's over it.
Okay! By the way, pushing /system/lib/libHWComposerGC.so causes the tablet to go into a bootloop and turn the CM logo to yellow. What could be the cause of this?

Last edited:

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
Maybe this'll do? They are pre-compiled libraries for Marvell devices :D

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
You can push /system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.mrvl.so and libHWComposerGC.so from the stock ROM, but it will bootloop with CM logo loading with frame-skip like effect.
I don't find in logcat an error about it, it just reload the HWC after some audio and mediaserver problem. Might be due that.
However, I suspect that the CyanogenMod HwComposer needs to be patched before compiling in order for this to work.
With hwcomposer libraries from T210 4.4 stock ROM it got some errors and don't load them. Also tried different combinations of VIVANTE, MARVEL galcore, etc. graphic libs from different devices (T210, T230, some others from internet) and still didn't manage to get the HwComposer to work and hardware acceleration.

This is what it is. I didn't have the Linux environment I've used to compile the CyanogenMod and all the settings and patches I've made to get it to this point, so I can't compile it again.

Here you can see the logcat:

Hmm, actually I see there's an error:
E/v_hwc ( 125): open /dev/graphics/fb2 failed
But don't know if is serious as:
I/v_hwc ( 125): Detected display /dev/graphics/fb0

Last edited:

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
You can push /system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.mrvl.so and libHWComposerGC.so from the stock ROM, but it will bootloop with CM logo loading with frame-skip like effect.
I don't find in logcat an error about it, it just reload the HWC after some audio and mediaserver problem. Might be due that.
However, I suspect that the CyanogenMod HwComposer needs to be patched before compiling in order for this to work.
With hwcomposer libraries from T210 4.4 stock ROM it got some errors and don't load them. Also tried different combinations of VIVANTE, MARVEL galcore, etc. graphic libs from different devices (T210, T230, some others from internet) and still didn't manage to get the HwComposer to work and hardware acceleration.

This is what it is. I didn't have the Linux environment I've used to compile the CyanogenMod and all the settings and patches I've made to get it to this point, so I can't compile it again.

Here you can see the logcat:

Hmm, actually I see there's an error:
E/v_hwc ( 125): open /dev/graphics/fb2 failed
But don't know if is serious as:
I/v_hwc ( 125): Detected display /dev/graphics/fb0

I've actually had success pushing hwcomposer.mrvl.so, but no success with the other file. It seems like we have to patch that?

By the way, I was able to enable the hardware renderer after pushing some files, and it's looking good now.
Wi-Fi and audio won't work because ALSA and Marvell Wireless support needs to be enabled during compile time.

I'll share my logcat with you once I get other vendor blobs pushed.

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
If you want to give a hand at getting the pmOS booting on our tablet, check this:

hey so, the og post is just a port made for fun, i actually work on other devices, so i just play with my t110 on the freetime.
If you want to give a hand at getting the pmOS booting on our tablet, check this:

i really think pmOS is a good choice, but i dont think it is gonna work well because of cpu limitations, but i can try my best to help.

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
Should work fine as long as we make it to boot. Yes, I don't except top-notch performance, but for example Raspberry Pi 3 runs Linux smoothly with much limited resources.

Kirbyxd

Oct 21, 2021
hi, i have two questions.
1.Is the android 4.4.4 rom of the sm-t110 only for the 3G version or does it also work for the wifi version?
2.There is a custom lollipop rom
for the sm-t110 WIFI?

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
hi, i have two questions.
1.Is the android 4.4.4 rom of the sm-t110 only for the 3G version or does it also work for the wifi version?
2.There is a custom lollipop rom
for the sm-t110 WIFI?

View attachment 5438065
To answer your questions:
1. It works on both versions, but it's very unstable and doesn't have 3G capabilities.
2. I don't think this tablet would be able to run 4.4 very smoothly, let alone 5.

Kirbyxd

Oct 21, 2021
Thanks for answering, even if I am going to "try" to install it since with Jelly Bean it limits me some things

oh and another thing, in the download files for the custom rom are the gapps of android 4.4.4?

Attachments

• 1634829078954.png
    1634829078954.png
    312 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
It could run 5 or Android GO smoothly if we could get binaries for them.
Sadly, it's hard thing to do and takes too much time to invest, because Marvell and Samsung didn't release any source or updated binaries for this device & SoC.
My best bet right now is to try to get Debian working on it. At last we could install some nice interface over Debian, Phone - like, to make it usable with newer software and to have an update well working web browser, and maybe Anbox over Debian or some Linux distribution to use newer Android apks.

Jespert

Dec 28, 2020
Nice to see progress!
Do you know why we weren't able to boot CM11 before? Was it because of the device tree or the kernel?

Nice to see progress!
Do you know why we weren't able to boot CM11 before? Was it because of the device tree or the kernel?
1. Closed souce CPU, we are basically working blindfolded
2. No official KK update from Samsung
3. Any AOSP roms on T210 (which shares the same hardware) have several bugs and stuttering
4. The low effort from the small community of devs for t110 because it is a "forgotten" device since launch.

Jespert

Dec 28, 2020
Hello @Tsumetaay
Maybe you can use this? ruben15pdr found these when available on the Samsung site.
Samsung released files for 4.4 update:

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
Hello @Tsumetaay
Maybe you can use this? ruben15pdr found these when available on the Samsung site.
Samsung released files for 4.4 update:
I'm pretty sure those are for the T110 and T210 mixed (because only the SD8787 driver exists) and the 4.4 part is for the T210.

• Wow
Reactions: Jespert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanx @adryyy for supporting the custom rom for sm-t111... It works well in my sm-t111 ...just some UI glitches ... Hope you keep updating it.
    what version worked for you there are a lot of files being posted here...

CyanogenMod 11 Port from I8200 for Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 (NEED TESTING)

Warning!

I am not responsible for bricked devices, this is a beta rom and needs proper fixes.

So i was checking on the internet about the Tab 3 Lite, and its smaller "brother", the I8200, aka the S3 Mini Value Edition, that has the same SOC and a CM11 build for it, so i gave it a try and tried to port it for the T110, because we already have a I8200 stock port for it so CM can be ported as well. This is the first beta so it probably doesn't boot or gets stuck on bootanimation, so good luck for us!

"Why didn't you build CM from the device tree?"

Basically the device tree of Goyawifi is incomplete, so it's only possible to build recovery for it i'm developing a device tree for it at https://github.com/Tsumetaayz/android_device_samsung_goyawifi, i'm trying my best and any help is welcome. Also i don't have any google cloud machine at the moment.
    Thats why i think the port way is easier.

Good Luck! i will give my best to make android 4.4 and maybe 5.0 possible to the SM-T110.
    I've remember I've tried it a while ago, got CM11 booting in KitKat, 4.4, but it was laggy due to the incompatibility of graphic driver with 4.4.

Some useful info:
    Here's TWRP 3.0 for T110 / T111:
    L.E: You find it in the links bellow.

I've used @gr8nole TWRP for T210 to port it to T110 / T210, so thanks to his work.

Flash it with Odin, remember to uncheck Auto Reboot. After flash, first time boot in Android, and then try to boot in recovery using vol up + home + power.
    It will take about 10 seconds to boot (black screen)
    Files I've still got from then:

Here's backup of the SD Card I've used to flash the ROM and so on. It contains multiple boot image, which from what I've remember contains a combinations of modules from T210 boot images with the T110 boot images, also TWRP backup for CM11:

I remember I've been trying to copy the libs from the KitKat build of the T210 in order to get the ROM to boot, copy, test, copy, test, using the ADB Debugger to read the logcat while booting, search errors, copy, test, rebuild from source, copy, test, and so on.

Don't know if I've archived the source which I've used to build Android from source, but what I think I've used an modified the files that are provided from some users for T210:
    I'm sure you can find compatible ones with these search:
    Can't remember which git, exactly.

I would like to get some new version of Android, even now, on this tab just to use it as casually split screen / same screen multiplayer gaming device.

Also, ramdisk, can't remember what exactly I've done to it.

You can find all tools you need to extract the boot image on the XDA, but probably on some old threads, can't remember what I've used. Or probably there are new and better tools to do so, like https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-of-ota-images-from-various-vendors.4078159/ don't remember if I've used it or not.

Links expires at end of year. If you want them again, ask via PM or replay. Also if the download is too slow for you.
    Update: I've put all the info and files you need in that folder (Tutorial Install 4.4 T110).
    You need to flash boot4.zip in order to get the 4.4 TWRP backup to boot.

Also, it will take like 2-5 minutes to boot up.

It have adb debugging enabled during the boot-up, so you can connect USB cable and read adb logcat at boot if you want to resolve some errors, like wifi mediaserver, audio and so on.
    Use adb logcat. It works well on my tablet. May be your USB cable.
    Also, would be nice to merge all these posts in one on the forums.
    I've uploaded a file with output of adb logcat if you can't get it properly. You can see various errors.

Also, don't really know if the slow interface is due to some errors in grafic configurations or other errors that interfere and create lag.

If you got stuck in recovery and have runStockRec on your SD Card, you can go to TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal and type /external_sd/runStockRec then chose reboot system now . This should get you out from recovery bootloop.
    Here is a boot image with a newly build kernel, with GCC4.7 and the same initramfs for CM11. Also include the new compiled modules.

The kernel configs can be seen in the attached files.
    I've managed to boot pmOS with these configs, and it works also for stock ROM, so it should be better to have as much options active as possible.
    I've tested it and it still boot CM11.

Seems to be a bit more stable with this.

Source used.