Need the most stable firmware for my S4 active

Search This thread

minhex

Dec 1, 2013
Hey! I have Galaxy s4 active, and I like this phone. All is well, except abandoned firmware. I like LOS, so I flashed LOS 19.1 after release and unfortunately stuck with some problems (random reboot once or twice a week, a bit unstable BT, battery eating). So I decide to try most stable (as I think) LOS 16 based on Android Pie. But.. I have same problems ((((
So I need any advice about stable rom, based at least on Android 7 or newer.

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
The more stable roms for this device are android 4.4 kitkat and android 5 lollipop, though both are now outdated and marshmallow (6) is the minimum api.

This android 5 rom is apparently the most stable and is an official build, bugs are listed in the post:

All roms for this device have some camera and wifi/bluetooth (restart) bugs.
There are some android 7 builds which seemed ok, but prove to be as buggy as 9 builds.

minhex

Dec 1, 2013
Is there any reason for me to flash a custom firmware based on Android 4.4 or 5 instead of the official samsung firmware?

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
some custom roms may be faster, most will have better app support and security updates compared to stock. It's not worth flashing 4 at all, 5 is considerable as it was just recently deprecated. android 6 is the minimum api for most apps at the moment, so flashign a rom on 6 or above would be recommended.
Note that all roms for this device have bugs, any bugs in lineage will most likely be carried onto other roms, unless if that rom is a port.