Question Need to install Auora chinese cutsom rom. Anybody chinese here?

Search This thread

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Thanks for the aurora rom, as its pretty easy to edit so it can be modded: i changed base to HK one, edited csc and removed all Chinese specific parts. De-bloat and add microg makes it perfect.
It seems changing ro.csc.country_code and ro.csc.sales_code can make keys cafe work.

You managed to change region completely? Could you share a tutorial, please?

EDIT: maybe removing chinese keyboard works. But I can't remove it from settings.
@这是一只正经兔 do you know where the chinese is located so I can delete it with root explorer?

Last edited:

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
You can only choose from ch/bri/tgy csc's, its rather complicated and an tutorial will be to much work.
Open the files and take to look on the layout, you need an stock rom from the version you want to use, it need to extracted and even this 1st step is difficult. After that its trial and error, had maybe 30 tests before an finished system..

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
You can only choose from ch/bri/tgy csc's, its rather complicated and an tutorial will be to much work.
Open the files and take to look on the layout, you need an stock rom from the version you want to use, it need to extracted and even this 1st step is difficult. After that its trial and error, had maybe 30 tests before an finished system..
I did flashed Taiwan csc, but phone got blocked seconds after booting. Indeed its more complicated than that.
What changes you got with this? What Chinese specific parts you mean that Hong Kong version doesn't have?

To be fair, I don't need to completely change the base to HK. Just removing chinese keyboard might work for me (keys cafe). However, samsung keyboard doesn't let me remove preloaded languages and I can't find it with root explorer.
If you know where it is, please share.

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
I did flashed Taiwan csc, but phone got blocked seconds after booting. Indeed its more complicated than that.
What changes you got with this? What Chinese specific parts you mean that Hong Kong version doesn't have?

To be fair, I don't need to completely change the base to HK. Just removing chinese keyboard might work for me (keys cafe). However, samsung keyboard doesn't let me remove preloaded languages and I can't find it with root explorer.
Check Aurora_S90XX_Q8GEN1_12.0_VE4_V4.0_P1.zip\aurora\optics\configs\carriers\CHC\conf\system\cscfeature.xml , could be some setting there that locks keyboard
There are some 15-20 chinese specific apps that cam be removed. Some need to be replaced or you will have some bugs. Look for appfolders with name ending with CN

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22

Check Aurora_S90XX_Q8GEN1_12.0_VE4_V4.0_P1.zip\aurora\optics\configs\carriers\CHC\conf\system\cscfeature.xml , could be some setting there that locks keyboard
There are some 15-20 Chinese specific apps that can be removed. Some need to be replaced or you will have some bugs. Look for appfolders with name ending with CN

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Any chance to get the exynos version?
Thanks for your help so far, most appreciated

Reactions: alfo2004

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Does anyone knoes how to change adress search bar for this ROM? I want to remove the chinese ones and add Google. Do when i type directly into the url bar, it makes a google search.

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
I like the battery with this rom (s22, G9010)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-172940_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-172940_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 78

Top Liked Posts