Need to root an Android 8.1 mirror

edris90

Dec 5, 2009
System partition is not protected by the locked bootloader.

Only boot and recovery are
Drivers and firmware and a lot more information is available at
?ttps://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=979700&st=1580
It's in Russian. So use Google translate in chrome.
the long read get ready for 107 pages in very broken English.
But there is a lot of useful information.
Look for links to something called the "research download tool" "research upload tool" something like that I can't remember.

There's a hidden button inside one of the external connectors that puts into programming mode. in this mode you can dump and write anything to the firmware as long as you don't modify the boot or recovery partitions. You use the research tool to dump the existing firmware as "PAC" file. You can then use the research tool to replace ,add or remove files from the system.img. you can also swap cellular modem firmwares, etc.
You can also flash back to the device

All the system files are signed with the default key from the Android SDK.

There was a drop-in file replacement for gaining root , on page 81 I think. The download link is now dead.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

There's a pre-rooted rooted rom in there somewhere.
By Compare the differences, maybe we can figure out what they did to achieve root, so that we can perform a similar stitching on our own vendor ROMs.

Jack8Tv

Oct 21, 2020
Hi.
I have problem with bind device:
It's say like can't find device / mac.
But it's connected on wifi same like phone.

How to fix this, someone know ?
ANd i see in settings last version is 2018 system update, possible to update on new one ?

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Hi.
I have problem with bind device:
It's say like can't find device / mac.
But it's connected on wifi same like phone.

How to fix this, someone know ?
ANd i see in settings last version is 2018 system update, possible to update on new one ?
I have the same issue. Turned on WIFI debugging in the settings but it refuses connection. Though, I'm working on it this week.

Contact the seller to see if they have any updates since then. Though, I wouldn't count your luck. Update support is pretty low. As for other firmware, you're out of luck on that for now. The bootloader is locked so even if you found one with the same hardware, you couldn't flash it due to the boot.img and recovery.img needing a specific key to flash properly. It will brick your device, otherwise. However, I think I'm about to get this as well. I'll get back to everyone if I make any progress.

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
So far all I've been able to do is unlock the bootloader. However, it hasn't done any good since I'm unable to flash any other partition successfully so far. I've made custom boot, recovery, and system partitions with a modified vbmeta but none of them get past the splash screen, which makes me think that there's something other than the vbmeta verifying the imgs and keeping them from booting. I'm suspecting the two unboot signed bins.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'm open to suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to try next but I'm sure I will come up with more ideas.

Last edited:

Jack8Tv

Oct 21, 2020
App for remove automatic all videos every next day ?

Because it's doesn't have mod like remove all videos.
I like to have app automatic remove all videos in galeria/media after 24hours./1day.

No need manualy removing...

sajjad_profileid

Nov 23, 2020
Hello Dear friends

I have a 4G camera mirror with the following specifications
Qctech HMSM5E
4G ADAS MIRROR Android 8.1.0 1GB 10inch
The version of the "carkeeper server" program on the camera is version 1.5.3, which unfortunately has a problem and does not transfer images to the server, and I can not control the images live.
But the version of the same program "carKeeper server" on the device of one of my friends, version 1.6.4A, which works without any problems and transfers images to the server.
It seems that I need to upgrade to "carKeeper server" to fix my device, but I do not know how to do this.
I went through "system update" which replied that your system is up to date
I do not know now how I can upgrade and update the carKeeper server version on the device
Can you guide me?

---------- Post added 24th November 2020 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 23rd November 2020 at 11:27 PM ----------

Hello Dear friends

I have a 4G camera mirror with the following specifications
Qctech HMSM5E
4G ADAS MIRROR Android 8.1.0 1GB 10inch
The version of the "carkeeper server" program on the camera is version 1.5.3, which unfortunately has a problem and does not transfer images to the server, and I can not control the images live.
But the version of the same program "carKeeper server" on the device of one of my friends, version 1.6.4A, which works without any problems and transfers images to the server.
It seems that I need to upgrade to "carKeeper server" to fix my device, but I do not know how to do this.
I went through "system update" which replied that your system is up to date
I do not know now how I can upgrade and update the carKeeper server version on the device
Can you guide me?

ROQUE1992

Jan 7, 2021
Hello
I have this Mirror
Android 8.1 4G+32G 4G 12 Inch Car Rearview Mirror Stream Media GPS Navi Dash Cam Dual 1080P Camera Car Dvr ADAS
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001290724250.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.305bfd2eEJTpGC

I need the firmware because i have this problems:
Restart frequently.
Cameras preview. keeps freeze
GPS Not conect.
Bluetooth Not conect.
I can´t sign on google account.

I think the best way is reisntal all the frimware.

This is the version
QT_1188OTE_M5_188_Media_Sleep_2020110410

Chucheles

Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone
I have this Mirror
Android 8.1 1G+16G 4G 10 Inch Car Rearview Mirror Stream Media GPS Navi Dash Cam Dual 1080P Camera Car Dvr ADAS

I need the firmware because its stuck in the boot image, i tried everything and nothing, i guess its firmware issue.
If some has a 10" 8.1 ADAS 4G firmware, please post it, thank you

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Hello
I have this Mirror
Android 8.1 4G+32G 4G 12 Inch Car Rearview Mirror Stream Media GPS Navi Dash Cam Dual 1080P Camera Car Dvr ADAS
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001290724250.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.305bfd2eEJTpGC

I need the firmware because i have this problems:
Restart frequently.
Cameras preview. keeps freeze
GPS Not conect.
Bluetooth Not conect.
I can´t sign on google account.

I think the best way is reisntal all the frimware.

This is the version
QT_1188OTE_M5_188_Media_Sleep_2020110410
Did you try factory resetting it? The only way reflashing the firmware would really help (more than factory reset) is if you messed around img files (i.e. custom imgs, root-access files).

Hi everyone
I have this Mirror
Android 8.1 1G+16G 4G 10 Inch Car Rearview Mirror Stream Media GPS Navi Dash Cam Dual 1080P Camera Car Dvr ADAS

I need the firmware because its stuck in the boot image, i tried everything and nothing, i guess its firmware issue.
If some has a 10" 8.1 ADAS 4G firmware, please post it, thank you
The best way is to ask the seller you bought it from for the firmware

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
I have already tried factory reset it hundreds of times but it is not fixed
Ah. Then I would ask the seller. They usually have no problem sending you the firmware if you bought from them.

You can possibly find it on NeedRom, alternatively. However, all of the Media_Sleep roms on there cost. It's possible you get lucky and someone has the rom on this thread but I wouldn't count too strongly on it.

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Try checking you cable power, i have the same problem. Now is ok.
Yeah, this is a given. These devices require more power than just usb to them. Also, make sure it's getting constant amperage to it. Otherwise, it will restart from power loss .. but I assume people to already understand this if they're looking to modify aspects of it.