Need to unlock your SIM T-Mobile users? Here's how!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bpjeep1

Jun 26, 2019
Richmond va
I worded that poorly I believe, I converted to the International version while still Sim locked with T-Mobile. I read that in order to have my sim unlocked I would need to revert back to stock to do it. I was asking if there was a way around that yet, to unlock my sim while staying on the international version. I want to run dual Sims, work/personal and need to unlock. Thanks, I hope that makes sense.

I worded that poorly I believe, I converted to the International version while still Sim locked with T-Mobile. I read that in order to have my sim unlocked I would need to revert back to stock to do it. I was asking if there was a way around that yet, to unlock my sim while staying on the international version. I want to run dual Sims, work/personal and need to unlock. Thanks, I hope that makes sense.
There is no work around for that as of yet. There may be in the future, as there was with the 6T, but as of now you need to revert back to T-Mobile and SIM unlock first before going back to international and rooting. Hope that answers your question for you.

DTop

Jun 12, 2019

No.

Convert back to T-Mobile firmware. Open the Unlock App, let it unlock your phone.

At this point, you can convert back to international and your phone will stay unlocked.

Guero.

Jun 30, 2012
Patiently awaiting a response. Just activated my phone yesterday so I may have to wait a bit I think. ? It still says on the website my phone is a Galaxy Note 3. It's a shame the tethering is gimped, otherwise I'd stay locked.

DTop

Jun 12, 2019
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for;)

It would be nicer to not have to convert back for that one-time-unlock, but there is no way. The T-Mobile unlock app ties deeply into the T-Mobile OxygenOS firmware, and no one is going to put the effort into porting all that crap over just so a handful of people can avoid a 10 minute process.

Wickidmasshole

Account currently disabled
Apr 4, 2012
Boston Mass
Damn man when I picked up a 6T back in November I got someone to sim unlock me within a day at just asking a few differnt people: this go around they WILL NOT Budge!! Holy s h I t they are pissing me off lol. Thank God for this thread. Hopfully I'll be rooted and romed soon enough!

DQScott95

Feb 25, 2012
I think I sent a PM but my app is acting weird and not showing that I sent it. Just want to confirm this is still working for people.

Reactions: Guero.
D

Deleted member 7436581

Swapped devices so I needed this again. Looking forward to getting this baby unlocked so I can rock and roll.

DQScott95

Feb 25, 2012
I almost sent mine twice but noticed I had "keep a copy in outbox" unchecked.
I think I may have sent mine a few times on accident and now I feel bad, especially after reading through earlier posts and finding out a bunch of people had the same problem but the messages actually sent.

Thank you for the reply :)

Wickidmasshole

Account currently disabled
Apr 4, 2012
Boston Mass
Not sure if it was an act of God or you guys did your thing-but I just decided to check the unlock app and I was approved! I never got a meaasge from anyone saying I was good to go- I just checked and to my God damn surprise I was unlocked. Thank you guys so much you have no idea

D

Deleted member 7436581

Not sure if it was an act of God or you guys did your thing-but I just decided to check the unlock app and I was approved! I never got a meaasge from anyone saying I was good to go- I just checked and to my God damn surprise I was unlocked. Thank you guys so much you have no idea

LOL! I keep doing the same but it's not gone through yet for me. I'm keeping myself distracted so I don't get too eager about it. :silly:

adamjkelly13

Nov 8, 2015
yeah never worked for me. I did get a group text later in the day or day after that was weird.. idk if coincidence or because of this but said they were calling the cops and reporting all the numbers involved in it... just checked again recently and still not unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FINAL EDIT: As many have noticed this thread is/has been very dead. First off, I tried to have someone on the mods to get this account of mine shutdown. That did not work as you can tell, but when that did not work I decided to just ignore this whole thing all together Second, this operation was not a man job as I was simply a middle man for a woman who wanted to help people but needed a hand. I was simply taking the info and spreading it to her. As popularity grew in the thread more and more requests came in and queue times were going to take longer and longer to fulfil. At some point I decided to give her access to my account because I was getting busy at my job and had no way to constantly upload new information to her so we could continue. This would give her a way to look into my messages and gather some info when she had her own time. I have no knowledge of what happened since, except for a few replies I would see that she made with my account. I would imagine over time she finally stopped or got caught since this thread and my messages are finally dying off. I do apologize if you were not helped but thankfully someone at some point during this period offered help in their own way too. So, THANK YOU GUYS for all the patience you gave, and I hope you guys enjoy the root or unlocked bootloader that you got because of this post.
    I got mine this way too and there was no pressure for any kind of payment or anything.
    It's not like that.
    That's my favorite part about all of this! She doesn't try to pressure you into any donations or payment! It's fantastic honestly. Now I have to wait either for the token, or for the msm tool to be cracked for tmo conversion.
    Just to update everyone. I will apologize for the delay. I am currently on vacation so I have not been checking this as often as I can. We are still doing this I promise. Just won't be as often.
    Soo as an update I'm currently back from vacation so i will try to keep the gig going. It's gonna take a second. During my vacation, however, some of you were dealing with the contact directly ?. As i gave her my information to login to my account and help take care of you guys.
    Trust me... with all the PM's I get on a daily basis now it takes me a lot longer now than it did when we first started. I will apologize if the "ticket" times take longer than normal. As for an update. Some of you guys that receive brand new devices please remember it may take awhile for them to post on server side. Another thing please be sure the last name is the account owner. She cannot find the device if the phone number and account name do not match up.

Fun Tip however;) unlike those reps you gotta sweet talk into an unlock, I don't require all that. I am very easy to get ;) Lmao