• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Need TWRP or CWM recovery to root Blackshark Helo!

Search This thread

Sime90ita

Feb 1, 2019
Castiglione della Pescaia
however I tried both twrp that are proposed in the post, without any result, the touch is not the reverse because it does not work by pressing the contrary, my black shark helo has the root then the twrp I need very little ... I would have liked to install the gapps (the gapps can also be installed without twrp but the procedure does not ensure the proper operation of the whole google compartment) so I put my soul in peace and I expect someone more competent than me, want to adapt the TWRP. the only way to use twrp is to use adb through the pc

Last edited:
Reactions: mtayyabali

kuachi00

Aug 26, 2014
-_- if you read the post there is written how to do, however I will redirect available my boot to have the instant root

please correct me.

1. put boot.img in adb folder
2. put black shark helo in download mode?
3. use " fastboot boot boot.img" command in cmd
4. phone boots then install magisk from magisk manager?

please correct my steps i literally a newbie sorry and thank you so much

Reactions: esc1duy

mtayyabali

Oct 1, 2010
After rooting successfully with magisk, I am experiencing an issue that i keep getting same OTA update. I download it, install it, then again it shows the same OTA update to download. Anyone having same experience? I am having CN variant of blackshark helo..

Sime90ita

Feb 1, 2019
After rooting successfully with magisk, I am experiencing an issue that i keep getting same OTA update. I download it, install it, then again it shows the same OTA update to download. Anyone having same experience? I am having CN variant of blackshark helo..

because you changed slots in B and in that slot the old operating system is still in place to allow you to upgrade the A slot to problems

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Emmmmm,can you tell me how to expact the boot.img from helo? I want to get a original mirror boot.img,can you tell me ?My phone is CN helo

you have two options, 1 download the boot.img offered by the very kind kanded and carry out the procedure we have listed, or wait for the guide that I will post as soon as I find a volunteer with a rootless black shark helo to test my boot.img updated to last build with the root patch (this will flash the boot without doing the whole procedure)

a8530516

Nov 14, 2018
because you changed slots in B and in that slot the old operating system is still in place to allow you to upgrade the A slot to problems

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

you have two options, 1 download the boot.img offered by the very kind kanded and carry out the procedure we have listed, or wait for the guide that I will post as soon as I find a volunteer with a rootless black shark helo to test my boot.img updated to last build with the root patch (this will flash the boot without doing the whole procedure)

Emmmmm..I don't know if helo has the difference between the global version and the Chinese version.So also the kanded get the patched_boot,I still don't dare to flash in my phone,Especially if I don't have the original image.

mtayyabali

Oct 1, 2010

I didn't completely understand what you said but can you guide me how do I solve this problem? I will be very grateful ?

Sime90ita

Feb 1, 2019
I didn't completely understand what you said but can you guide me how do I solve this problem? I will be very grateful ?

then ... I do not know exactly what trouble you hunted, but since the Black Shark helo has the operating system divided into slots .... the operation is simple and very functional, there is slot A and B both contain a copy of the components of the OS. at the beginning you will have both the usual build version but you have the slot A active .... when there is an update, the slot B will be updated and it will become the active chin the slot A will remain with the old version .. If the active slot B will have problems or brick the smartphone will go back to slot A forcing the OTA update overwriting and repairing the B .... you've probably made some trouble and stayed on the outdated slot that continually asks you for the upgrade, sincerely I do not know how to solve it ... as a rule updating the Black Shark self-made

mtayyabali

Oct 1, 2010
then ... I do not know exactly what trouble you hunted, but since the Black Shark helo has the operating system divided into slots .... the operation is simple and very functional, there is slot A and B both contain a copy of the components of the OS. at the beginning you will have both the usual build version but you have the slot A active .... when there is an update, the slot B will be updated and it will become the active chin the slot A will remain with the old version .. If the active slot B will have problems or brick the smartphone will go back to slot A forcing the OTA update overwriting and repairing the B .... you've probably made some trouble and stayed on the outdated slot that continually asks you for the upgrade, sincerely I do not know how to solve it ... as a rule updating the Black Shark self-made

I have solved the problem by simply changing my active slot to b (It was 'a' before) and updated the system normally. Now it no longer keeps showing update available. :)

esc1duy

Jul 24, 2016
i have patched it for you[/URL]
Thankyou! it is work very well, but can you show methol pull boot orginal from devices when can not boot to twrp normaly? Because i try use file both twrp in (TWRP 3.2.3-x Unofficial with working DECRYPTION 12/10/2018) it's hang logo S, and in (thread for xiaomi black shark gen1st) it's can't touch. OK, at the begin. only use twrp via booting to functions file manager to find name of local's boot??? And use adb shell to pull boot orginal to /sdcard devices??? it is sure a twrp mod for black shark helo??? but I not find it before that :D. Why? How? you can to get a file boot orginal to patched. Thank you for your patched.

i have flash your boot patched with root but my wifi il locking off and I can not activate it anymore
you don't need flash, :D, only boot via file patched and install magisk manager to devices, before can copy magisk_manager.apk and magisk.zip to /download of devices.

please correct me.
1. put boot.img in adb folder
2. put black shark helo in download mode?
3. use " fastboot boot boot.img" command in cmd
4. phone boots then install magisk from magisk manager?
please correct my steps i literally a newbie sorry and thank you so much
Yes, do it well and work fine complete. Thank you!

Not true, you can manually patch the boot.img, then boot it and make the root through magisk manager
Thank you!, but at begin can not pull file boot ogrinal to patch.

kanded

Dec 22, 2010
Medan
unlock bootloader and install twrp

are these belongs to do some cheats in some game : :D

Thankyou! it is work very well, but can you show methol pull boot orginal from devices when can not boot to twrp normaly? Because i try use file both twrp in (TWRP 3.2.3-x Unofficial with working DECRYPTION 12/10/2018) it's hang logo S, and in (thread for xiaomi black shark gen1st) it's can't touch. OK, at the begin. only use twrp via booting to functions file manager to find name of local's boot??? And use adb shell to pull boot orginal to /sdcard devices??? it is sure a twrp mod for black shark helo??? but I not find it before that :D. Why? How? you can to get a file boot orginal to patched. Thank you for your patched.

if you have succeded in rooting ur phone, install terminal. and do this :
adb pull /dev/block/sde11 boot_a.img
adb pull /dev/block/sde30 boot_b.img

but i stil advice to use twrp, you should fastboot format userdata then fastboot boot twrp.img
there open adb, and do the pull. the boot image later can be flashed if you need it in the future, just in case, you want to get some ota :)

anyway, i have posted the helo boot img, but im not sure if its slot A or B, you can unpacked and check the prop.default

Last edited:
Reactions: esc1duy

tsvd151098

Feb 25, 2019
are these belongs to do some cheats in some game : :D

if you have succeded in rooting ur phone, install terminal. and do this :
adb pull /dev/block/sde11 boot_a.img
adb pull /dev/block/sde30 boot_b.img

but i stil advice to use twrp, you should fastboot format userdata then fastboot boot twrp.img
there open adb, and do the pull. the boot image later can be flashed if you need it in the future, just in case, you want to get some ota :)

anyway, i have posted the helo boot img, but im not sure if its slot A or B, you can unpacked and check the prop.default

how to Unlock Bootloader black helo...
dsadasd.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that method but there is no boot.img available for black shark helo yet, so how do I even patch it? Since this device is becoming popular why isn't there any ROM or recovery available yet, I wonder.?

i have patched it for you
    It's been months since this device is launched, but there are no official or unofficial recovery or custom ROMs released till now. I need to root the device so that I can enjoy features like Viper FX and other Magisk modules. I have searched a lot of forums but there seems to be no thread regarding the rooting process of Xiaomi Blackshark Helo.
    The device is a great gaming phone with very high specs. Surely, a lot of custom ROMs can be ported for this device since its OS is close to stock android (JOYUI). Is anyone willing to port custom recovery for this device? It will be really appreciated :)
    Blackshark Helo users please rate this thread to show awareness of this device to the developers!
    mmmm, yes I'm going to work on twrp but still I'll make my boot patch available, which makes the phone fully functional but first I need someone with a black shark helo without root that tests my boot
    can you give tutorial how to root blackshark helo without twrp?
    the same way using magisk.

Thanks, I will get it a try. How did u manage to get stock boot img?
    by learning, and being not lazy to read from first page to last page.
    i have flash your boot patched with root but my wifi il locking off and I can not activate it anymore

use your simcard. then update the magisk if its needed tobe updated. then, go to instal. and choose direct install. then reboot.

remember, fastboot boot is temporary. fastboot flash is permanent. so no worry if you think you lose wifi, after reboot, it will be fine. let me know.