Question Needed: a step-by-step guide to get the GAPPs including all Google services working on the Fold?

Search This thread

oherzog

Mar 28, 2016
I have the Fold with the Chinese ROM, but I need the Google services support for some of my apps (German Corona app and a phone app - they need some special Google/Apple functions for Bluetooth and the Google notifications). Does anybody have a step-by-step guide to get the Google services including all GAPPs working on the Fold? There is so much outdated (and some maybe even wrong) information on the Internet that such a guide would set the record straight for MiUI 12.5...Thanks!

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
All google services are already baked into the mi mix fold.

Go into their own app store app, search for Google play, it'll come up as an update. After that it'll show up in the app drawer, sign in and use like any Google android phone

oherzog

Mar 28, 2016
It worked mostly, but two weak items are left:
1. I didn't get Google maps work with the Mi Fit app in Germany - it just doesn't display the map but tracks the run.
2. The German Corona Warn App doesn't connect to the corresponding Google services:
com.google.android.gms.common.api.ApiException: 17: API: Nearby.EXPOSURE_NOTIFICATION_API is not available on this device. Connection failed with: ConnectionResult{statusCode=UNKNOWN_ERROR_CODE(39501), resolution=null, message=null}
com.google.android.gms.common.api.ApiException: 17: API: Nearby.EXPOSURE_NOTIFICATION_API is not available on this device. Connection failed with: ConnectionResult{statusCode=UNKNOWN_ERROR_CODE(39501), resolution=null, message=null}
at androidx.transition.ViewGroupUtilsApi14.trySetResultOrApiException(ViewGroupUtilsApi14.java:3)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.nearby.zzan.onResult(com.google.android.gms:play-services-nearby@@18.0.3:1)
at com.google.android.gms.common.api.internal.IStatusCallback$Stub.zaa(com.google.android.gms:play-services-base@@17.5.0:2)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.base.zaa.onTransact(com.google.android.gms:play-services-base@@17.5.0:3)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1162)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1126)

Any hints would be welcome!
Otherwise, the Fold works great!