Needing help putting phone back to stock

Search This thread

cardboardshoebox

Jan 4, 2020
I have a verizon branded s7 edge. I ran a combination file on it to try to get rid of FRP. Long story short on why is because my buddies wife ended up having a psychotic break and changed all of his passwords and accounts to his bills, started seeing things that weren't there, thought he was out cheating, and destroyed all his possessions. He tried to have her committed but since they weren't married and some stuff I don't know of she was never put in the hospital for treatment so he left her. Basically went crazy. So he had just bought the phone and after she changed all the account information and emails, the passwords were lost and the phone has been a paperweight. The phone is brand new and had only 2 weeks of use. End of backstory of phone.

I tried running a combination file on it and got it to boot up with that. For model number it says SM-G935A but shouldn't it be a V since it is verizon branded? I can't find a file to run in odin that works and get different errors with each firmware I try verizon and att.
Model is Samsung-SM-G935! [SS]
PDA is FA60_G935AUCU8ARJ2
Phone is G935AUCU8ARJ1
H/W is REV0.7
CAL.D is 2017.07.31
Android security patch January 1, 2016
Build # is MMB29M.FA60_G935AUCU8ARJ2

I have tried different versions of odin and tried the following firmware files
AP_G935VVRUACSH1_CL14274526_QB25694462_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar
AP_G935VVRU4CRE5_CL13527029_QB18290732_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar
and a few more but deleted them.

I am currently downloading 6.0.1+Marshmallow+S7+Edge+Firmware+Files and SM-G935V_1_20160804145414_ocj96ulu4y_fac.zip
to see if that helps. Did I use the wrong combination file and making the phone think it is att or is it really a G935A? I can download and give any information just might take a little bit to download. I even tried using Frija I believe it is called to get the firmware but go an error when updating the phone.
Am I doing something wrong or is the phone still a brick. If I don't get it working that is fine but I am interested in how this stuff works but there is so much information that it is a little overwhelming.

Edit: Got back to default firmware but still have frp enabled. That was a let down but at least I am not stuck in Combination.

Last edited: