mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

WIP
https://github.com/LegacyXperia/android_kernel_semc_msm7x30/commits/kill-pmem
https://github.com/LegacyXperia/android_device_semc_msm7x30-common/commits/kill-pmem
https://github.com/LegacyXperia/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf/commits/kill-pmem

Camera is crashing at the moment, trying some more changes now.

EDIT: Preview works, camera is stuck when trying to take a picture
EDIT 2: Preview works, camera is stuck when pressing the shutter, but picture is successfully taken after some time. 480p camcorder works fine, can't test 720p because I have reverted miniuser's 720p changes.
EDIT 3: Everything works, including 720p camcorder

Last edited:

nikhildangui

Mar 7, 2013
Goa
WIP
https://github.com/LegacyXperia/android_device_semc_msm7x30-common/commits/kill-pmem
https://github.com/LegacyXperia/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf/commits/kill-pmem

EDIT 2: Preview works, camera is stuck when pressing the shutter, but picture is successfully taken after some time. 480p camcorder works fine, can't test 720p because I have reverted miniuser's 720p changes.

GREAT MIKE.. THIS SEEMS TO BE VERY INTERESTING :)

:good:

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT ROM FOR OUR DEVICES,
it will be sin to complain about battery drain, coz i actually dont have it, as i dont use bluetooth,
i had a issue of battery drain after using GPS, but its gone after last nightly

KEEP ROCKING MIKE :D

Reactions: sknerus75
WIP

Now our devices have a chance for official cm support...

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Free mobile app

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
## Nightly build 20140813 - cm-11.0
* Latest cm11.0 changes
* Updates to WiFi & BT from omapzoom d-kitkat-mr2.1-release branch
* Fixed support for screen casting (eg. Chromecast) - untested
* Fixed default IO scheduler not being set to row after clean install
* Experimental pmem->ion wrapper
* Fixed volume down recovery key detection on zeus/phoenix

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow

DeathAxe

Apr 15, 2008
hallon does not deepsleep anymore

Hello guys, I did a clean install of the latest nightfly build 20140813 - cm-11.0 onto my hallon yesterday. Now the device again does no more deep sleep. This time I can not find any hints about the reason. Wakelock detector shows no app or kernel module being responsible. Maybe you can find something within the kmsg / logcat file.

I guess, its something within the android itself, but not the kernel, as I flashed the kernel of build 20140718 with the strictmode workaround, but the device does not do any deep sleep, too.

Attachments

• kmsg.log.gz
    15.5 KB · Views: 12
  • logcat.log.gz
    31.8 KB · Views: 7

xange

Sep 6, 2012
Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys, I did a clean install of the latest nightfly build 20140813 - cm-11.0 onto my hallon yesterday. Now the device again does no more deep sleep. This time I can not find any hints about the reason. Wakelock detector shows no app or kernel module being responsible. Maybe you can find something within the kmsg / logcat file.

I guess, its something within the android itself, but not the kernel, as I flashed the kernel of build 20140718 with the strictmode workaround, but the device does not do any deep sleep, too.

check battery history, if most battery used by android os (it is the same if BBS shows kernel wakelocks by the name "suspend backoff" too follow by high counter of "rpcrotuer_smd_xrpt"), then power off the phone, offline charge it untill charging animation, then power on the phone from offline charging (for me, a simple reboot too can solve the problem, but not 100% will work), also please update to 20140816 version (this has fixed the 720p recording error.

kevinpeng1216

Dec 18, 2012

Delete date/system batterystats.bin and dockbatterystats.bin. then reboot phone. sorry My English is not good, you are try

Reactions: Alex7925

nikhildangui

Mar 7, 2013
Goa
20140814 Rom rocks

Hi..
Though langes stated that there is some miscompilation in 20140814 build like like to share my experience before switching to 20140816
(clean install)
Pros::good:
>Great performance improvements observed,UI is super fast and super smooth
>Improved gaming performance : earlier even games like candy crush used to lag occasionally or playable only after fresh rebooting with earlier builds.
>Improved battery life, (in battery status i can see only screen consumes lot of battery (i use my phone lot) )and no other processes eats up the battery much)
>Boot time is Improved takes at the max 1min30seconds
> audio shuttering issue is negligible now, got hardly any microsecond skip while playing 3minutes song

Cons:
>Earlier just a normal reboot after using bluetooth used to solve the battery drain issue, but now it has become mendatory to start the phone with charger trick.
> Earlier hardly had a wifi drop issue with previous builds now it has marginally increased (cant really says wifi drop because it never disconnects for me it just stops transmitting data then i have to turn wifi radio off and on again, (not sure if this happening because of this build or wifi router/modem/ net issue))
> change log still shows M8 build

EDIT: re edit
Flashed 20140816 with said 720p fixed,
updated from 20140814,
>flashed 20140816 over 20140814
>flashed gaaps, cleared cache partitions, delvik catch

Observations after updating to 20140816
>AFTER FEW REBOOTS IT WAS SMOOTHER AND BETTER as smooth n fast as 20140814
> Candy Crush do crash at times... but when it runs it do run super smooth
> change log still shows cm11 M8 build
> Battery life still same as 20140814
> will update as more observations are mad

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex7925

cagali

Jul 20, 2011
Hi..
Though langes stated that there is some miscompilation in 20140814 build like like to share my experience before switching to 20140816
(clean install)
Pros::good:
>Great performance improvements observed,UI is super fast and super smooth
>Improved gaming performance : earlier even games like candy crush used to lag occasionally or playable only after fresh rebooting with earlier builds.
compared to build 20140718?

nikhildangui

Mar 7, 2013
Goa
Hidden call recording in cm11

Hi Mike...

Sir
can we have this call recording feature enabled in our devices by default?? in next build??
only you can make it possible
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...-to-nightlies-but-it-isnt-enabled-by-default/

I tried the xposed module (link provided in above link) which enable call recording in CM11, and it records the call (both side voices) with great quality, but when call recording is enable the person at other end cannot hear my voice but he hears a loud continuous beep sound... and sometimes call drops as soon as recording is enabled

Thanking you in advance

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot
Hi Mike...

Sir
can we have this call recording feature enabled in our devices by default?? in next build??
only you can make it possible
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...-to-nightlies-but-it-isnt-enabled-by-default/

I tried the xposed module (link provided in above link) which enable call recording in CM11, and it records the call (both side voices) with great quality, but when call recording is enable the person at other end cannot hear my voice but he hears a loud continuous beep sound... and sometimes call drops as soon as recording is enabled

Thanking you in advance

afaik call recording is illegal in a lot of places, this is why it was dropped by most ROMs including CM

nikhildangui

Mar 7, 2013
Goa
afaik call recording is illegal in a lot of places, this is why it was dropped by most ROMs including CM
ya its illegal at some place, but if its legal where mike live he can give that feature to us.. and wherever its ilegal there is an option for people not to use this feature :p ;)

i live in biggest democratic contry in the world INDIA and here spy recording a call is illeagal, but one can record personal conversation.

and incase its not possible to give this feature then can you please do something which will make xposed module call recording will work??
incase its easy to do and wont waste much time of developers .. i knw what you people are doing is favour for us... thanks for the same

sorry for bad english

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
ya its illegal at some place, but if its legal where mike live he can give that feature to us.. and wherever its ilegal there is an option for people not to use this feature :p ;)

i live in biggest democratic contry in the world INDIA and here spy recording a call is illeagal, but one can record personal conversation.

and incase its not possible to give this feature then can you please do something which will make xposed module call recording will work??
incase its easy to do and wont waste much time of developers .. i knw what you people are doing is favour for us... thanks for the same

sorry for bad english

hi

if u want to see this call rec feature just install exposed framework and this module. it enable call rec

Reactions: Langes

nikhildangui

Mar 7, 2013
Goa
Read it properly dilesh

hi

if u want to see this call rec feature just install exposed framework and this module. it enable call rec

mr. dilesh please read my post properly ...exposed module dosent work as intended on our cell with cm11, i already mentioned what happens when xposed module is used.. and that is why requested mike, else i wouldn't had given him trouble..

Last edited:

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
mr. dilesh please read my post properly ...exposed module dosent work as intended on our cell with cm11, i already mentioned what happens when xposed module is used.. and that is why requested mike, else i wouldn't had given him trouble..

From the OP:
This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

Call recording is NOT an official feature so no, I won't enable it. I can't know in which countries it's legal and in which it's not. Anyone who wants this can make personal builds with it enabled.

mEREHAIGE

Nov 17, 2011
Hi, I've noticed that my phone doesn't go to deep sleep after full battery charge unless I use the trick kevinpeng1216 mentioned in his post 247. Anyone else counter that problem? Maybe it has something to do with high capacity battery 2430mAh I use on my Neo?.

mausol�e

Jan 29, 2014
Hi, I've noticed that my phone doesn't go to deep sleep after full battery charge unless I use the trick kevinpeng1216 mentioned in his post 247. Anyone else counter that problem? Maybe it has something to do with high capacity battery 2430mAh I use on my Neo?.
non !
Ce probléme est généralisé a CM 11
thread

transalte

This problem is generalized to CM 11

Last edited:

nikhildangui

Mar 7, 2013
Goa
its k mike thanks

From the OP:

Call recording is NOT an official feature so no, I won't enable it. I can't know in which countries it's legal and in which it's not. Anyone who wants this can make personal builds with it enabled.

ok.. i thought its official as its hidden in the CM11 itself and not enabled just because its illegal in few countries...

anways i found another call recording xposed module for cm11 build after 14 august 2011 so ill try to run it on my cell and hope it to work, but when ull update the rom..

(i cant build myself :( )

sudharshancr7

Jan 15, 2013
Chennai
I face the following battery issue : When i put my phone in charge and say the phone is now 85% charged. When i reboot the phone its showing battery as 95%. I have faced this issue many times and i dont know whether its rom problem or kernel problem. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eiOWgKr.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

This is an unofficial build of CM11.0.
    This is an attempt to stay close to official cm11.0 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our website:
    http://legacyxperia.github.io

WARNING: This ROM uses a modified internal memory layout.
    Our /system partition is originally 400MB but this space is not enough for a fluid kitkat experience and a full installation with proper google apps.
    Our /cache partition is also too small to fit art-cache when we enable the ART runtime. We originally had 100MB /cache but art-cache needs ~150mb of free space.
    I have repartitioned the internal memory layout, giving:
    450mb in /system
    469,5mb in /data
    8mb in /cache

If you want to use this ROM you will always have to use the included kernel or use a kernel that includes the layour changes. Bug reports with non-standard kernels will be ignored.
    You will have to wipe the device and make a clean install.
    You cannot restore nandroid backups from previous android versions or restore nandroid backups from this ROM to other ROMs that don't use the new partition layout since you risk corrupting the data.
    I suggest to use Titanium Backup, Helium or any other similar app to backup your data if you really need to.

Requirements:
    * Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed (doesn't matter if you have flashed it in the past or if you flash it before installing cm11.0, it will work both ways)
    * LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf
    * MT15i (Neo) users need to flash MT11i (Neo V) ftf

Steps required for correct installation (order is important):
    1: Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
    1.1 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    2: Enter recovery, go to mounts and storage
    3: Format /system, then /data and then /cache (Important step!)
    4: Flash update zip
    5: Flash gapps (recommended package is the one provided in the link below)

Steps 1.1, 2 & 3 are not needed when you install new cm11 nightlies on top of older cm11 builds in the future

If you want to return to a ROM that doesn't use the new partition layout, you need to follow the above steps again (only replace boot.img & update zip with the ones you want to use).

How to build:
    [GUIDE][DEV] How I build my own CM11.0 test builds

Changelog:
    Release/nightly changes

Working/Non-working list
    CM11.0 with new kernel 3.4 status

Downloads:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia
    PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Recommended Google Apps:
    Google Apps Minimal Edition

KCzv621.png

NOTE:
    Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add my name in the credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
    Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

NEW!!! BUG Tracker
    If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
    Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LegacyXperia, ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo

Contributors
    mikeioannina, nobodyAtall, pcfighter, Blefish
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: nightly 20140702
    Beta Release Date: 2014-07-02

Created 2013-11-27
    Last Updated 2014-09-06
    Thread closed

Since people don't learn how to read, I can't handle this situation anymore.

I come in the thread and instead of finding something useful, there are only the same posts repeated again and again, ignoring my posts and xda rules.

Thread locked until further notice.
    New build coming - READ THE WHOLE POST

## Alpha 2 build 20131210 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated to android 4.4.1
    * Repartitioned internal memory layout
    * Fixes:
    - Battery indicator alignment
    - PIN/PUK layout
    - Lockscreen clock layout
    - Camera flash in photo mode (urushi)
    - Music distortion on lock/unlock sounds
    - Disable back key on incoming call
    - Gesture typing
    * Many bugfixes from CM upstream
    * Many bugfixes/small features ported from cm10.1/cm10.2
    * Features:
    - APN Settings
    - Mass storage settings
    - DeskClock: Add increasing volume option for alarm clocks
    - DeskClock: Profile support
    - DeskClock: Add back user-defined world cities
    - "Clear all" button on recent apps
    - Hardware key settings
    - Lockscreen shortcut configuration
    - 2G/3G toggle
    - Circle battery
    - Battery with percentage
    - Noise suppression
    - Allow some customization in Launcher
    - Add cLock settings back to lockscreen settings
    - Allow configuration of wake on plug behavior
    - Allow configuration of country code for wifi
    - Display rotation settings
    - WhisperPush secure messaging
    * Temporarily disabled low ram config to enable 4.4 UI features
    * Disabled animated bootlogo to free some /boot partition space
    * Added all resolutions in camera
    * Enabled Performance Profiles
    * Enabled zRAM by default
    * Testing a SYM key change on mango & iyokan

Gapps package is also updated, please redownload it.

WARNING: This update introduces a modified internal memory layout.
    Our /system partition is originally 400MB but this space is not enough for a fluid kitkat experience and a full installation with proper google apps.
    Our /cache partition is also too small to fit art-cache when we enable the ART runtime. We originally had 100MB /cache but art-cache needs ~150mb of free space.
    I have repartitioned the internal memory layout, giving:
    450mb in /system
    469,5mb in /data
    8mb in /cache

dalvik-cache/art-cache is now stored in /data partition
    We still have to use the lite gapps that are provided in LX basketbuild folder.

If you want to use this ROM you will always have to use the included kernel or use a kernel that includes the layour changes. Bug reports with non-standard kernels will be ignored.
    You will have to wipe the device and make a clean install.
    You cannot restore previous nandroid backups or restore nandroid backups from this ROM to other ROMs that don't use the new partition layout since you risk corrupting the data.
    I suggest to use Titanium Backup, Helium or any other similar app to backup your data if you really need to.

A note to other devs that use LX as a base to their KitKat ROMs: If you decide to modify the partition layout, please use the same layout in your kernel so people will be able to backup/restore nandroid backups between 4.4 ROMs and they won't need to wipe the whole device when they switch between 4.4 ROMs.

Requirements for the new partition layout:
    * Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed (doesn't matter if you have flashed it in the past or if you flash it before installing cm11.0, it will work both ways)
    * LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf
    * MT15i (Neo) users need to flash MT11i (Neo V) ftf

Steps required for correct installation (order is important):
    1: Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
    1.1 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    2: Enter recovery, go to mounts and storage
    3: Format /system, then /data and then /cache (Important step!)
    4: Flash update zip
    5: Flash gapps

If you want to return to a ROM that doesn't use the new partition layout, you need to follow the above steps again (only replace boot.img & update zip with the ones you want to use).

Only use the thread for development discussion, anything else belongs to the Q&A thread.
    ## Alpha build 20131127 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Initial KitKat 4.4 build

Please do not spam the thread with "thanks" posts.
    Only use the thread for development discussion, anything else belongs to the Q&A thread.