Netflix always needs a restart of the phone

Search This thread

enekomh

Oct 2, 2010
I have the same issue not only with Netflix but also with Disney Plus. I think something is messed up with how the phone manages DRM.

Reactions: nbk1978

Malgs

Nov 22, 2020
same problem here also with p.v and d+, only restart fix the problem temporarily, i noticed also that the cromecast works , so its a minor problem for me because rarely i watch netflix on phone, i hope sony fix this with the next update, its absurde that the app come preinstalled in the phone and works bad ?

wong36987

Dec 25, 2010
Just found the same issue on the first week I was using this phone on early October. I told with the Sony CS and reported this bug to them but they didn't think it's a bug as they told me not so many users reported to them. They won't try to fix this problem....

wicoz

Oct 31, 2015
Same annoying problem here with Netflix and Prime Video, even after the firmware update including December patch.

arjandr

Aug 30, 2010
Same problem here. First time Netflix after restart no problems. After having used the phone for a while and going back to Netflix, videos refuse to start. Red circle keeps spinning, eventually resulting in Netflix error 5.7.
Only a phone restart will fix this. Very annoying.

Yakkosmurf

I'm having this issue with Netflix as well. Just got the phone, it's on the latest software version. I haven't tried Prime video yet. Not a huge deal, since I only watch videos on my phone when I travel, and well...yeah, that won't be happening for a while. Agree it needs to be fixed.

wicoz

Oct 31, 2015
It looks like I no longer have the issue with Prime, only with Netflix. So it could be an issue with the app itself. Has anyone tried to contact Netlfix support?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same issue not only with Netflix but also with Disney Plus. I think something is messed up with how the phone manages DRM.