Netflix and Amazon Prime video does play in full HD

Search This thread

stag74

May 6, 2017
Amazon Prime Video app is in full HD.
Netflix is also available in full HD.... Simply log into Netflix through the Chrome browser and watch in full screen HD, rather than using the Netflix app!
Sorted.
:good:
It's the Netflix app that is the problem.

stag74

May 6, 2017
Sorry further testing and Netflix is running at 540 not 1080p.
Perfectly watchable though and better than 480 being reported.

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
Well... perfectly watchable in your opinion. Totally unexcusable in mine. They are selling this as a MEDIA tablet. And a customer should watch stuff at DVD resolution? In 2018?
ROTFL

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
HTC Desire
Nexus 7
@gorman42 I can understand your position, but all DRM is crap and there are so many different solutions for that. Following your argumentation every producer of a device needs to support all of the different solutions ... Ok, widevine probably is a bit different because it's provided by Google and you do not need to pay a license fee but nevertheless the producer needs to implement and to test ... which might be time consuming and costy. Only looking from a producers point of view ;)

gorman42

Sep 13, 2014
Ok, first of all. Sorry to the OP. Re-reading myself I see that I came off sounding aggressive. It's not your fault and I offer my excuses to you. Sincerely.

To @AndDiSa: that's the main point. It's Widevine. It's used by all major streaming services (Netflix and Prime Video use it, don't know about others). It's free. In my opinion if you want to come out with a media tablet, defining it as such, with an HD+ screen... well, you do have to support it. If you don't, you don't get my money. For me it's a matter of principle.

And note that I'm very against DRM, personally. But for kids and family, generally speaking, streaming services offer a level of convenience that can't be beaten.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well... perfectly watchable in your opinion. Totally unexcusable in mine. They are selling this as a MEDIA tablet. And a customer should watch stuff at DVD resolution? In 2018?
    ROTFL