• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Netflix App not supported for Thunderbolt...

Search This thread

yumms

Dec 13, 2010
Try this http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...nto-thinking-your-rooted-device-is-supported/

Root is required. Make a Nandroid backup! (I accidentally deleted by build.prop file and bootlooped my phone)

Download ES File Explorer (Or any other root file editor)

In ES File Explorer, go into Setting > Root Settings and enable both check boxes

Navigate to /system/ and copy/paste build.prop to /sdcard/ (just in case)

Open & edit /system/build.prop

Change the following lines to make your phone think it is a HTC G2:
ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Reboot the phone

angingrich

Jun 26, 2010
www.androidpolice.com

Natronics

Feb 15, 2011
Agreed with the above. I modified my prop and it started then crashed. Sadly, my OG is playing netflix right now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

kpa2727

Sep 3, 2010
New Jersey
as i mentioned in one of the threads, if you open the apk in root explorer and look at the AndroidManifest.xml it says Debugg= false. can we modify that to true and find out what this thing checks for? if it's DRM somwhere this app is hiding a licence. if we can inject from a EVo or one current working phone. we should be able to patch or inject the licence into the apk somewhere.

Dbagjones

May 11, 2008
From what I've heard (I don't own a PS3), Netflix works regardless of whether the PSN works or not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

himmelhauk

Mar 19, 2007
Texas
It just seems laughable how it's compatible with phones that are inferior to the Thunderbolt. Nicely done Netflix lol our phone has been out awhile now, you'd think they could have incorporated it in by now.

dirtyfingers

Jan 7, 2011
Wisconsin
From what I've heard (I don't own a PS3), Netflix works regardless of whether the PSN works or not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Well, you are right sir. I stand corrected. I just assumed you had to use the playstation network to use it, but I tried and it does work. i just usually don't use the ps3 to watch netflix.

Edit: It brings up all the movie selections, but when I try to play it I get a network error. Oh well, I have other ways to watch so its not a big deal.

Last edited:

TBolt4Now

May 12, 2011
Guys i wouldn't worry to much, you know we have some of the most intelligent and inventive minds on this site. I have alot of faith in XDA members cracking the app and making it work for the phones that can handle it.

NETFLIX, XDA DEVELOPERS ARE COMING FOR YOU!
+1000 on we have some of the most intelligent and inventive minds on this site. I have alot of faith in XDA members cracking the app and making it work for the phones that can handle it.

dhaymond

Dec 27, 2010
California
Lets all just get use to the fact that; Thunderbolt will be the last to get a lot of things. The more we except that the better off we'll all be. Its sad but true. We can't get anything unless our friends here get it for us, and is why I try and donate when I can.

Sent from my dark horsed thunderbolt using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your link is broken, and I don't see the app in the market. I call bullshit. Besides, it was already announced that only 2nd gen snap dragon phones would get netflix? The Incredible and Nexus don't fit the bill. Hope I'm wrong, I can pickup an Incredible on craigs for nothin.

Link is working fine. You don't see it in the market because its not compatible with the Tbolt.
    Idiot

Your link is broken, and I don't see the app in the market. I call bullshit. Besides, it was already announced that only 2nd gen snap dragon phones would get netflix? The Incredible and Nexus don't fit the bill. Hope I'm wrong, I can pickup an Incredible on craigs for nothin.

Maybe you should put a minute amount of effort into search before you crap on someone. Now who has egg on their face? That's right you do...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/12/netflix-releases-android-app-for-select-htc-phones-samsung-nexu/

I wonder if changing the device ID is enough to fool the netflix app... I hope someone here figures it out... :)