Netflix for all GB and froyo devices! weapon too.. ;-)

Search This thread

aowendoff

Apr 17, 2011
New Jersey
Netflix has worked for a long time in CM7. This is because it is based off the nexus S rom.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Beggars1923

Apr 26, 2011
I don't think this is LG's fault. Netflix fails again. One step closer to going to Blockbuster which does work with the G2X.

spodie

Apr 24, 2011
seattle wa
Awnser to this f.....up

I called tmobile and netflix days ago when it showed up......
Its a third party app that only alows you to sighn up for netflix...for computer and tv ....but not your phone....lol....netflix says there working on a version for our phone but has not been completed.....plus the more people that call netflix and give theme this phone model and you have to give them your acct. Number for netflx...the faster the'll spit it out.....thats what an hour on the phone got me........................................that app is 3rd party and to top it off its server is down.....lol ...i got my hopes up and was pissed when done talking to them.........lg=big time f*******

KingDavid63

Apr 6, 2011
Warrior, AL
www.facebook.com
there has to be a work around for this... the transformer had one... im tempted to try the zip on the g2x stock and see what happens.... anybody else wanna try it's in the transformer apps section... netflix patch..

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Works fine on cm7 nightly with absolutely no workarounds. Just works! Yet another reason to use the king of all roms.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

KingDavid63

Apr 6, 2011
Warrior, AL
www.facebook.com
man i know.. i love cm7 too... but i bought this phone to use the 1080p HDMI out... and i use a2dp in my car speakers and bluetooth at work, not to mention the LG camera... i use HBO GO which in my optionion is better than netflix so it's no big deal really, just wish i could use netflix too... i will be on cm7 if they ever get a2dp workin, but until then i just cant do it... not to mention weapon has all the mods cm has... almost.. :)

Beggars1923

Apr 26, 2011
Works fine on cm7 nightly with absolutely no workarounds. Just works! Yet another reason to use the king of all roms.

If it's the king then why can't I watch HBO Go when using it? Why can't I adjust my HDMI output so that I can stream video from my phone to the tv in the given hotel I am staying at?

renocivik

May 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I will look at the patch tonight and see if I can make it work
I also have a xoom and will see if I can play with some files and make it work

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why do they forget us.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
    Sooo Just spoke to Netflix support and If you ever get a supervisor named Travis (ya he wouldnt give a number or last name) hurry up and hand up, then call back for someone who doesnt have his head completely up his ass.

First off after a long protracted passive aggressive session with this Travis POS, I hung up and called back, explained how I was treated and I was Immediately sent to a Customer Service Supervisor (Sean, stand up guy), who proceeded to re-assure me that the G2x was one of 4 LG phones not working right now, they are actively working on a fix, and the G2x seems to be one of the phones we are all calling in about (Sean mentioned the G2x is the top phone on the memo detailing phones with issues, 4 LG and 4 other random manufacturer phones, he didnt elaborate which but did comment on the high number of LG models vs all others).

Now onto Travis.... he refused to acknowledge that the G2x was supposed to work, then suggested I was foolish to purchase the G2x without official support, he actually suggested that I go out and purchase another "Netflix supported device" rather than hope for support. I explained that the public was told by Greg Peters (via Netflix blog) that Nvidia Tegra 2 chips would be getting netflix certification first (November 2010) so many of us ran out and got dual core tegra phones, then Netflix switched to Omap support and we were left hanging, he accused of me of making a false statement that had no grounds and wasting his time, and still insisted my phone was not supposed to recieve official support (how the **** did this guy get a job in customer service as a supervisor I want to know). After I began to get upset he proceeded with the passive aggressive silent response treatment, when I would would prompt for a response he would say "I already answered that earlier and you didn't like the answer so I decided not to answer" really? Wow this guy was a piece of work! Then after roughly 20 minutes of me insisting the previous tech contradicted him regarding my phone being supported he finally asked what phone, after realizing it was a G2x (****ing DUH, i said it like 10 times, he obviously was'nt listening!) there was a long pause before he finally said "Ok looks like the G2x is supposed to be supported but that does not change anything I said before" at this point I lost it... "are you kidding me? You have insisted for over 20 minutes I had an incorrect assumption, now you realize YOU were wrong and i'm still wasting your time? what's you operator number or last name Travis?" he refused and stated he was the ONLY Travis at the call center so it would be no issue to locate him, I explained I had a complaint about his customer service and it was hardly proper for me to lodge my complaint about him to him, his response " I am a supervisor and I can accept any complaint about anyone impartially, including myself". Wow this guy is delusional! I explained I was uncomnfortable talking to him and would call back to speak to someone else, he implied that I would probably reach him again anyway so it was pointless. I decided not to take him at his word (boy am I glad I did) and called back, spoke to entry level customer service tech., who immediately got her supervisor (Sean) who proceeded to apologize for Travis's behavior, assured me that's not how they typically treat service calls and was frankly upset when I told him Travis's solution was for me to go buy another device even after he figured out it was a G2x. It was at this point that Sean asked if he could put me on hold as he tracked more detailed info regarding the LG phones status, he came back with the info I stated above (LG G2x is one of 4 LG phones having problems now and it is Officially supported so they are working on it and will have fix out asap).

Bravo Netflix, you need to hire more employees like Sean... talks em off the ledge first, addresses the issue, seeks resolution, expresses regret when no resolution is possible, and at all times attempts to make sure you know he can relate to your frustration, because of Sean I will continue to wait and be hopeful.

I suggest you all do so as well!

-Salamandar