Netflix for Android TV on non Android TV devices (uncertified devices)?

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Oh, is terrarium Netflix? Does terrarium work easily with TV remotes like the Netflix app for Android TV?

Yeah, didn't think so.

If you don't know the answer then keep it moving.
It does actually and it's free. But that's ok, you can't have it both ways. Buy a proper Android TV box.

zarquino

Sep 21, 2013
Buenos Aires
The good news is it doesn't show me... "this version of netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13)" anymore.
But it immediately shows me the following error code, "UI-800-3 (207003)".

Then, I made some progress by adding "netflix ro.nrdp.modelgroup=p205" in build.prop
Now the application starts for a few seconds, but it tells me the following error code "nw-6-400"

Last edited:

caziques

Mar 2, 2011
The good news is it doesn't show me... "this version of netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13)" anymore.

Then, I made some progress by adding "netflix ro.nrdp.modelgroup=p205" in build.prop
Now the application starts for a few seconds, but it tells me the following error code "nw-6-400"
The APP doesn't bypass the widevine Level 1 requirement. Its for devices that are google certified but that netflix hasn't whitelisted. So it has to have the secure boot loader etc ....thats why skyworth .mecool and some others would work ..

Reactions: SchmuFoo

zarquino

Sep 21, 2013
Buenos Aires
The APP doesn't bypass the widevine Level 1 requirement. Its for devices that are google certified but that netflix hasn't whitelisted. So it has to have the secure boot loader etc ....thats why skyworth .mecool and some others would work ..
Yes, indeed my box is "widevine L3" T9 (RK3328). But I had hoped it would work in SD at least.

On my old MOTO X, it works perfectly, even rooted and with the boot loader unlocked.

Last edited:

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai

it doesn't show this version is not compatible for me now
but a new error started popping up - nw-6-400

MiklerGM

Oct 29, 2011
Last edited:

sberla54

Oct 18, 2011
Bologna, Italy
sberla54.altervista.org
Thanks, works for me on Samsung S8+ (SM-G9550) can you publish a manual or a newer version? That might be useful for community
UPD: I can start the app and browse the library
but when I am trying to start playing video, I've got an error 'Sorry, your account can't be used on this device'
Hi mate, please see my post above, I've tried all Android TV ripped versions of Netflix and I didn't find any way to make them work.
I changed my Android TV box to a Netflix Certified one (Xiaomi Mi Box S), since I believe only certified devices are able to run that app.

Harshs60

Oct 11, 2020
Hey man please patch the latest netflix version(android tv) (8.0.0) (8 oct 2020) version
Like you did above which pass non certified(by netflix) ,

BigB42078

May 6, 2010
Thanks, works for me on Samsung S8+ (SM-G9550) can you publish a manual or a newer version? That might be useful for community

UPD: I can start the app and browse the library
but when I am trying to start playing video, I've got an error 'Sorry, your account can't be used on this device'
Can you tell me how you did this? What did you use to spoof the device name?

nikokikoliko

Nov 28, 2020
HELP

so my parents bought new android tv and in store they said that it had everything but turns out its just trash chinise tv that is called KTC but in my countries its ColorView soo i wanted to install netflix but i got error that my device isnt compatible and also my tv doesnt have any google apps soo i cant do anything i cant even install gapps too and root it to fix anything but i want netflix soo much and phone version is just unusable so if anyone has netflix that doesnt have any security stuff and doesnt need google certification please post it

lvet

Jun 6, 2009
Hi everyone. I know that this is some serious gravedigging, but a similar problem to the OP had me searching the web for hours and brought me here and a few other dozen places. And who knows. It might actually help someone.

I finally found a working version limited to 480p, here. You can download it directly from here.

I know it's already 2021, but if like me you are still rocking an old Chinese Android box, this might come in handy. All the best.