• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Netflix for rooted ?

Search This thread

Cowbell_Guy

Jun 24, 2013
Has anyone been able to get Netflix to work on a rooted device?

does anyone have any tricks for getting Netflix to work? I am on 10. 0.9, 1905 variant. Rooted with magisk

Cowbell_Guy

Jun 24, 2013
Both, I keep getting an error saying it is not compatible with my device

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200412-113804.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-113804.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 946

Macusercom

Forum Moderator
Staff member
For me (European version) Netflix was pre-installed. In general: to see and install Netflix you need to pass SafetyNet. This means enabling Magisk Hide, clearing the data of the Play Store (then it should way "official device" in the Settings menu and maybe a patched custom kernel though I'm not sure if the latter is necessary. After that, I can see Netflix and also install it.

Reactions: vinardi32

dudeperfect

Apr 7, 2014
Lost
1 - Make sure you're aren't tripping the safetynet test.
2 - Make sure you have hidden magisk manager and magisk from detections

If you still find netflix incompatible, clear data and cache of play store and Google play services and reboot.

Reactions: vinardi32

kender6

May 17, 2013
For me (European version) Netflix was pre-installed. In general: to see and install Netflix you need to pass SafetyNet. This means enabling Magisk Hide, clearing the data of the Play Store (then it should way "official device" in the Settings menu and maybe a patched custom kernel though I'm not sure if the latter is necessary. After that, I can see Netflix and also install it.

This worked with me, w/o the customer kernel - also EU version. Thanks!

lemonial

Apr 1, 2020
Suwon
Netflix(release 4.16.0) is working on my Galaxy S8 rooted by Magisk.
You need to add a 'liboemcrypto disabler' module to your device using Magisk. And the latest release of Netflix may not be working on rooted device.
Recommended to use 4.x

Riski3Run

Oct 29, 2013
Roermond
The most important is SafetyNet.
(After rooting with Magisk my test fails so I used MagiskHide Props Config and got new fingerprint certificat which allowed me to pass test)
As long as you still pass SafetyNet you are going to "see" Netflix in PlayStore and get updates. Of course use also Magisk Hide and select Google Play services.
Netflix latest, updated from store 7.73.1

Tapatalk via OnePlus 7T

Tagtag123

Sep 26, 2010
Exactly, Netflix and other OTT apps work fine but Widevine drops to L3 bringing down the max supported resolution to just 480p.

L3+root isn't possible IMO.

vibraniumdroid

Dec 23, 2015
Chandler
What widevine level are you getting? Are you L1 or L3? Even if you can get Netflix installed you may be stuck with 480p due to Widevine L3.
It's impossible to get L1 on a 7T with an unlocked bootloader as of now... As a general rule of thumb, a bootloader unlock will break the L1 certification. There are some exceptions to this rule though. Some Xiaomi devices and the OnePlus 8 series (on newer firmware) are able to maintain it.

BloodyIron

Feb 25, 2017
I'm on an LG v20 that I just flashed LineageOS 17.1, and I couldn't get SafetyNet passing. I followed this process for props :

Oh and I'm running Gamma Kernel v20.0, if that matters to anyone. Hope this helps! (This is in addition to MagiskHide stuff of course).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Both, I keep getting an error saying it is not compatible with my device

Strange that it don't work for you, working without a problem on my latest oos beta 7t.

Have you tried latest builds from apkmirror.com or try a older build and test

Regards ysco..
    1 - Make sure you're aren't tripping the safetynet test.
    2 - Make sure you have hidden magisk manager and magisk from detections

If you still find netflix incompatible, clear data and cache of play store and Google play services and reboot.