Netflix not working after update to MIUI 11.0.2 Android Q

Search This thread

LYZQ

Aug 15, 2019
Hi all, I have just updated to the latest MIUI 11.0.2 from MIUI.eu just to realise that I was unable to use Netflix. (Takes extremely long at loading, end off with a "Device Failure Occured - 501 109"). Does anyone has the same issue?

Thanks!

T

Tazreean Shahariyr

Mine actually loads with widevine l3

But the play store can't update apps for some reason, it can't download anything too

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

Reactions: giodeluigi

Benfatica

But the play store can't update apps for some reason, it can't download anything too
If unlocked your bootloader your device becomes uncertified by Google. Which means you can install or even update the Netflix app that came pre installed.you can check this at play store settings then scroll down.

VzQzZ

Mar 14, 2016
Rio de Janeiro
If unlocked your bootloader your device becomes uncertified by Google. Which means you can install or even update the Netflix app that came pre installed.you can check this at play store settings then scroll down.

Actually, if you use .EU ROM without root you can still be certified by Google. I'm using latest weekly without root and my device is certified, I can download Netflix from PlayStore etc..

Benfatica

Actually, if you use .EU ROM without root you can still be certified by Google. I'm using latest weekly without root and my device is certified, I can download Netflix from PlayStore etc..
I ment stock miui, in Xiaomi EU or any other ROM they trick the system so it behaves as if it's locked, you can see this when you connect you device to the miui debloating tool. You can see that it will say your device is locked but it isn't.

Vanmanman

Sep 9, 2012
Rooted with Magisk and PlayStore is certified too. ;)

Hi, how did you install magisk? I have made a patch file, installed with twrp but no matter what I get a recovery bootloop. Only way past was in twrp to allow permissions on busy box and faulity to 644. This lets me get the root and can get magiskhide but none of he other modules will install and save to the modules menu. MIUI 11

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
Xiaomi.eu 11.0.2 has unfortunately L3 widewine and this can cause problems (maybe)
Ps: but dev version xiaomi.eu 9.11.28 has full support L1 and also the device is certified on google play. if not, there is a "safety patch magisk module" and it changes the fingerprint of the device (it changes as Huawei phone ) and works awesome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T
    Tazreean Shahariyr

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

Rooted with Magisk and PlayStore is certified too. ;)