Netflix will not stream video. Error 12001?

Search This thread

bluemalice

Sep 8, 2012
I just bought this TF700 today. I updated all the firmware and everything. It does not stream netflix. Loads netflix. Will not stream a video. I get error 12001 every time. Is this a known thing with this device or is it the Android version or what? This is one of the primary reasons I picked up this tablet. I'm contemplated returning it tomorrow and would like to know if there is some kind of work around. I just can't find any good info on it.

Thanks,
Wes

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
hasnt been a problem with me, i just watched some breaking bad, maybe contact netflix for support?

sent from LG optimus s (republic wireless) on tapatalk

bluemalice

Sep 8, 2012
Just thought I would update on this. Some miraculous thing occurred and it just works now. I uninstalled and rebooted for about the 40th time and Netflix is working now. I have no idea what the issue was but it was something...

If anyone else has this problem, this is what I did this last time.

I went into the settings > apps and force stopped netflix then uninstalled all updates. I then rebooted. Then I went into settings > apps (make sure it's on ALL) and found the netflix thing that comes on the device. I force stopped it and then rebooted again. At this point I downloaded the Netflix updates, rebooted one more time and ran netflix. Now it works. Hallelujah!

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
I had a problem with netflix when I factory reset the tablet and when I tried to sign in it kept saying I enter wrong username or password..... Did it 10 times and nothing, tried to log on to my netflix on the computer and it worked fine... Only thing I can think of is I forgot to update netflix when I factory reset.. maybe that was the problem...