• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Nethunter Kernel for Note9 (N960F)

harbdulahi

May 5, 2015
@Learer do I need to wipe data, cache and system partition for the Dr ketan Rom to work? And pls note am currently on Android 9 pie and the Dr ketan Rom I flashed is based on Android 10 Q will I have to flash Stock Rom of android 10Q for the Dr ketan 10Q Rom am a bit confused.. And also I flashed the nethunter kernel on android 9 pie directly to see if it will work.. But didn't.. So my other Question is did I need to flash android 10Q stock Rom b4 all this stuff work am just stuck...

Learer

Nov 4, 2019
@Learer do I need to wipe data, cache and system partition for the Dr ketan Rom to work? And pls note am currently on Android 9 pie and the Dr ketan Rom I flashed is based on Android 10 Q will I have to flash Stock Rom of android 10Q for the Dr ketan 10Q Rom am a bit confused.. And also I flashed the nethunter kernel on android 9 pie directly to see if it will work.. But didn't.. So my other Question is did I need to flash android 10Q stock Rom b4 all this stuff work am just stuck...
Yes. Install stock firmware and update the system to the latest version. Then sew TWRP and install Dr.Ketan ROM. Be sure to select - Delete cache, system and so on in the installation menu (when you are already flashing zip with Dr. Ketan). I speak English poorly and because of this I can hardly understand you.

harbdulahi

May 5, 2015
@Learer i have downloaded the firmware and install the android 10 version Q after i install Dr ketan rom which was also successful but on flashing the nethunter kernel my device just stuck in boot
loop

Learer

Nov 4, 2019
@Learer i have downloaded the firmware and install the android 10 version Q after i install Dr ketan rom which was also successful but on flashing the nethunter kernel my device just stuck in boot
loop
I also have. I never found the reason. I suspect the bootloader firmware, because after flashing the archive with Kali Nethunter, the SAME PROBLEM. Inside the archive, a bootloader patch also occurs, which is why it (most likely) breaks. I couldn't find a solution, but I was able to build my kernel for NH, but I cannot test it, since there are no adapters. HIDs also do not work, since you need to install a keyboard and mouse emulator in dev using the Kali Nethunter archive. Here's a story. For the sake of NH (Nethunter), I went to an Android developer to do this myself (analogue of NH). In general, in the future I will try to put NH on my phone again. Good luck to you.

harbdulahi

May 5, 2015
@Learer i finally got the NetHunter to work after much hassle.. first i found myself a good working methods..
first after flashing Android 10 through odin.. i wipe data and complete the setup of the phone.. the reason i completed the setup is because "oem unlocking" Isn't visible in developer options.. so after the setup i reboot into "Download" mode and flash TWRP.. i unchecked the option "auto reboot" in Odin.. bcus the device will auto revert the stock recovery If it reboot the system.. i don't know if all this pertain to my device (Sm-N960N duos) or the F also.. so after rebooting to TWRP i flashed the DR Ketan rom.. after that i booted again into download mode and flash the Dr Ketan BL and CP or something (modem) i booted the device it work normally with the Dr Ketan rom and no issue.. after that i proceed to TWRP to flash the the NetHunter zip (i notice that it does always flash it the first time despite showing that the flashing was successfully.. i know this because when i flash for the first time.. i notice that the location of the files is empty "/data/local/kali.. / is empty.. i flash it again b4 is was successful... after that i flash the NetHunter kernel.. ( i noticed here that if you flash the kernel without flashing Magisk zip after. the device will go into bootloop) then flash the Magisk zip.. everything seems to work fine.. i just have to install the NETHUNTER APP, TERMINAL. etc..they weren't installed when i flash the NetHunter zip.. all works fine.. but am having issue with my wireless adapter D-link dwa (atheros AR9271) although Lsusb detect it but when i run ifconfig on lo(localhost) is displayed.. and the kernels version that gave me verification that the NetHunter kernel was installed is "Linux kali 4.9.118-SI33PY #6 SMP PREEMPT Thur Jul 9 12:52:13 IST 2020 aarch64" as per the kernel image(picture) with NetHunter at the beginning of the thread

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

i have installed the wireless driver of the Dlink - dwa 126 (Atheros AR9271) http://www.dlink.ru/mn/products/2/1297.html
"apt install firmware-atheros" still it wasn't recognized by "ifconfig" and others.. but when i run "lsusb" it displays information about the wireless usb adapter... i want to perform "apt install kali-linux-default" && upgrade... fo see if this get the wireless usb to work

harbdulahi

May 5, 2015
@Thiviyan looks like the kernel doesn't support The Atheros AR9271 chipset (Dlink - dwa 126) and this device support monitor mode have been using it in a kali vm
i finally got NetHunter working full fledged.. wireless mon works after i flash the "NetHunter magisk module" although if someone got to read this part of the comment follow my guide about the flashing and stuff.. and reading comments really helped me..

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

i finally got NetHunter working full fledged.. wireless mon works after i flash the "NetHunter magisk module" although if someone got to read this part of the comment follow my guide about the flashing and stuff.. and reading comments really helped me..
if after flashing the wireless module and... u type ifconfig and it didn't display wlan1.. just fire it up with "airmon-ng start wlan1" as this is what fires mine up.. when the "iwconfig" & "ifconfig" didn't work..the 2 command later displays the wlan1.. this is after I use airmon-ng to start it.. so.. Thanks @thivian for the post @Learer for the help and to other members that support in the tweak...

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

whenever i type su or sudo.. in The NetHunter kex (vnc) environment... it returns "killed"
[email protected]:~$ su
killed (is returned)
[email protected]:~$ sudo
killed (is returned)

harbdulahi

May 5, 2015
Stupid Questions... Kernels are device specific But Why Rom Specific? I know it IS! But I am Asking why is IT? Could this be recompiled to work on other roms? If so what changes in source code would be needed what is in the code that makes it crash if you try run it on say LineageOS 17.1 10 qq3 .. I know it does not work (I am not asking that You likely sick of Telling People). No I am asking bc it confuses me. And I am genuinely curious and confused Why its Rom Specific. Both are Android 10 qq3 after all.. Again I am asking because of my confusion not that I think it works (I know it does not. But I like to know the Technical why of it. After all this means my Understanding is more than a bit Off. )
kernel is a self running program that knows where and how to boot your device (Rom) so if u dey develop a Rom it has to match the kernel signature or know how to boot the rom

Learer

Nov 4, 2019
Stupid Questions... Kernels are device specific But Why Rom Specific? I know it IS! But I am Asking why is IT? Could this be recompiled to work on other roms? If so what changes in source code would be needed what is in the code that makes it crash if you try run it on say LineageOS 17.1 10 qq3 .. I know it does not work (I am not asking that You likely sick of Telling People). No I am asking bc it confuses me. And I am genuinely curious and confused Why its Rom Specific. Both are Android 10 qq3 after all.. Again I am asking because of my confusion not that I think it works (I know it does not. But I like to know the Technical why of it. After all this means my Understanding is more than a bit Off. )
I speak like an Android geek. ROMs have to be changed, as holes are removed in them. For example, I do not have keyboard and mouse emulators - / dev / something like that. I forgot the name of the file. It is because of this that you have to "supplement" the ROM.

Thiviyan

Mar 4, 2009
Chennai
*added Bluetooth RFCOMM configs to support BluetoothArsenal with external adapters
*added more atheros drivers (got some complains about some cards are not being detected)
*HID fixed will update on how to get it activated sooner or we will add another kernel.zip link.
Nethunter Generic Image link updated

elmendigo

May 31, 2020
$$Hola $$

YO LO INSTALE sin problemas
lo que no funciono fue el adaptador de wifi y hid
en la pagina oficial estan trabajando en ello porque el problema es por ser android 10

jfhasson

Jun 10, 2014
Hi,
I have a galaxy note 9 running Alexis 1.7. I tried to install nethunter using the zip file and the kernel provided in this thread. The installation went well in twrp. The phone works fine. I installed manually the apps in the zip folder but I can't get the nethunter terminal application to be installed either from the zip file or from F-droid app. What could I do to install it?
Thanks in advance,
Jf

anastasiszn

May 3, 2012
Thessaloniki
www.prodefence.org
Hi,
I have a galaxy note 9 running Alexis 1.7. I tried to install nethunter using the zip file and the kernel provided in this thread. The installation went well in twrp. The phone works fine. I installed manually the apps in the zip folder but I can't get the nethunter terminal application to be installed either from the zip file or from F-droid app. What could I do to install it?
Thanks in advance,
Jf
Use official nethunter store :)

https://store.nethunter.com/en/

jfhasson

Jun 10, 2014
Thank you ! The installation worked fine with the file from the address you provided. I wonder why the other files would not install.