• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nethunter Nexus 6P

Search This thread

PaulieP

Jul 23, 2007
It's relatively detailed shared, but here you go
https://build.nethunter.com/contributors/re4son/angler/
Take a look at the Installation.txt at the top.
And yeah, with the above linked setup "it works".
Keep it legal.

THanks for the info. Just to confirm, this will enable it to be used with a working monitor mode?

Also, there are some files there that arent in the installation.txt, namely the radio and bootloader IMGs - do these need to be flashed too?

Thanks

Last edited:

UsPdSr

THanks for the info. Just to confirm, this will enable it to be used with a working monitor mode?

Yep.

Also, there are some files there that arent in the installation.txt, namely the radio and bootloader IMGs - do these need to be flashed too?

Thanks

Good catch.

re4son did miss a couple of steps..a some of those files aren't necessary and some are missing(see below).

The Installation:

----

Fastboot-Commands

adb devices

fastboot devices

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot erase cache

fastboot flash cache cache.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-angler.img

----

1) download all files from

https://build.nethunter.com/contributors/re4son/angler/

2) You can wipe & format the device when Twrp is already been installed

3) flash the files you have collected in the folder angler-n4f26u-factory-131d7b01.zip after unzipping the downloaded file(s) - in addition extract image-angler-n4f26u and move the new fastboot files into one folder, with exception of the userdebug.image(which can be deleted), the build-scripts, etc.

4) download the latest twrp recovery from twrp.me for the Huawei Nexus 6p and save into the folder with the fastboot files

5) flash the twrp recovery image fastboot with the command - - - >

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-angler.img

6) Copy:
lineage-14.1-20180219-nightly-angler-signed.zip. vendor-n2g48c.img
nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-2019.3.zip

Additional

(install both files after Lineage OS)

download* & flash open-gapps-7.1

download* & flash latest Magik-xx.zip

*to a USB stick

7) boot into twrp recovery

8) Wipe->Advanced->wipe everything EXCEPT "Internal Storage"

9) return to "Install" menu

10) flash vendor-n2g48c.img

11) flash lineage-14.1-20180219-nightly-angler-signed.zip

Additional

(install these files after Lineage OS)

download* & flash open-gapps-7.1arm64

download* & flash latest Magisk version

*to a USB stick

12) reboot system, start the Setup Wizard,

13) setup Wlan etc., go into System --> enable developer options -->, advanced reboot, usb debugging

14) check Magisk for updates

15) reboot to Twrp

16) flash nethunter image

17) initialize NH app, setting necessary rights

If you have any problems with the fastboot part, there are a couple very good instructions here in this forum.
And if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Nightslade

Dec 1, 2015
monitor mode

If you have any problems with the fastboot part, there are a couple very good instructions here in this forum.
And if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

I followed your instructions but am unable to start monitor mode on wlan0 . is that even possible ?
tried installing nexmon from the nethunter store and it just stops working on getting root permission .
plzz help

UsPdSr

I followed your instructions but am unable to start monitor mode on wlan0 . is that even possible ?
tried installing nexmon from the nethunter store and it just stops working on getting root permission .
plzz help

Hm, if you downloaded the files, which re4son in his repository for us uploaded then you should be golden.

The monitor mode is on wlan1, btw.

I would refrain from installing Nexmon for this device.
We had a couple of problems with the arm64 architecture.

There is still a kernel for Oreo arm64 in NetHunter's repository by kimocoder, which has problems supporting external Wlan adapter .

If you have further questions then just ask me here, or ask if possible on Kali NetHunter's repo on gitlab please.
There you can open a issue.

For future references is it always better if you could attach a logcat or in case of reboots crash report.

Many heaps

Last edited:

Nightslade

Dec 1, 2015
The monitor mode is on wlan1, btw.

I would refrain from installing Nexmon for this device.
We had a couple of problems with the arm64 architecture.

There is still a kernel for Oreo arm64 in NetHunter's repository by kimocoder, which has problems supporting external Wlan adapter .

If you have further questions then just ask me here, or ask if possible on Kali NetHunter's repo on gitlab please.
There you can open a issue.

For future references is it always better if you could attach a logcat or in case of reboots crash report.

Many heaps
Does that mean that monitor mode isnt supported on the internal wifi card ? i dont want to use an external card because my battery wont last that long

UsPdSr

Does that mean that monitor mode isnt supported on the internal wifi card ? i dont want to use an external card because my battery wont last that long

Not with the package which I linked above, no.

The kernel with Nexmon support is still in development.

The revised version would have been released by now, but as I read the last time are there still some kinks to work out.

PS

My Nexus 6p has serious battery troubles too.
Very unfortunate.I appreciate the phone, beside from the Nethunter capabilities.

I bought a used Nexus 5 with a new battery and new mic.
I bought another one with broken screen and used the Backcover, which is without any wear marks and changed it with the one I bought.
Now I have a Nexus 5 in very goof condition for ~ 65 $..but I had luck.

Usually the Nexus 5 is not to get under 115 $..even used.

If you look for a phone with working Nexmon capabilities than can I recommend it wholeheartedly.

NethunterOS from binkybear is working like a charm.In addition has it Multirom.
If you are okays with the 32gig storage, then is it definitely worth looking at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightslade

UsPdSr

@Nightslade

I looked the last commit regarding the revised Oreo kernel with Nexmon support up, cloned it and switched him with the old one in the current NetHunter installer.

This is absolutely beta and not even released, just that you know it's not guaranteed working.

I uploaded it on my cloud.
Please make a backup and again absolute beta(rather alpha)

https://mega.nz/#!VF4jgCTS!nC434Ay4lihjjvTQ9dNMAZJkrjXV645qcR1M7y7A3YU

Nightslade

Dec 1, 2015
If you look for a phone with working Nexmon capabilities than can I recommend it wholeheartedly.

im currently using mu nexus as a main and if i get another one i would prefer getting a new phone with better battery life since the nexus isnt really good at being a primary

@Nightslade

I looked the last commit regarding the revised Oreo kernel with Nexmon support up, cloned it and switched him with the old one in the current NetHunter installer.

This is absolutely beta and not even released, just that you know it's not guaranteed working.

I uploaded it on my cloud.
Please make a backup and again absolute beta(rather alpha)

https://mega.nz/#!VF4jgCTS!nC434Ay4lihjjvTQ9dNMAZJkrjXV645qcR1M7y7A3YU
thanks ! on flashing the nethunter magisk module on oreo (stock) and the kernel it isnt allowing me to install chroot . the nethunter app just says "doing app files update (init.d and filesDir)

UsPdSr

im currently using mu nexus as a main and if i get another one i would prefer getting a new phone with better battery life since the nexus isnt really good at being a primary

thanks ! on flashing the nethunter magisk module on oreo (stock) and the kernel it isnt allowing me to install chroot . the nethunter app just says "doing app files update (init.d and filesDir)

What is 'mu nexus'?

Nexus devices have for me not only a nostalgic value, but I like the whole concept, which in my opinion isn't being transported to the Pixel devices.
Anyhow.

I am at the moment compiling anyways, so I can build you the complete installer with the current Oreo kernel and the one I looked up for you in regard to Nexmon..

It will take me no longer than half an hour.

PS

I thought you meant the firmware module for Magisk.

The kernel should if possible always being installed with the installer.

The generic ones are an option, but I have the python installer already running.
It will be around ~ 1,3 GB.I upload it afterwards.

Androidfilehost is hard buggy, so you have to make do with Mega.nz.. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

The actual NetHunter kernel for the Nexus 6p & freshly made nightly chroot, new wallpaper and all the features of the 2019.4 release in a nicely wrapped installer

https://mega.nz/#!cF5igAjK!ULwzyr07ON4L9x81KayI5KrXWVvrWIUIF0fHdgLObp4

Go nutz :)

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

@Nightslade

If required, could I build you one with the not yet released installer in the same installer, but first try this one..

PS

The issue you had before seems to be a incompatibility with the rom architecture, which is a bit odd because the 'unofficial' version I pulled is definitely for Oreo.

I remembered that 8.1 was at the beginning notthe right version for Nexmon..after you try the one above (with the last release from Google for angler!), could you give it a shot with the last 8.0 release and the beta kernel.

But first, try the official release..

If you would like to try the beta one, also - within a complete installer, quote me in this thread and I can make you a according installer ready and upload it, because I am so nice.. o/

gl ;/

Last edited:

Nightslade

Dec 1, 2015
What is 'mu nexus'?

Nexus devices have for me not only a nostalgic value, but I like the whole concept, which in my opinion isn't being transported to the Pixel devices.
Anyhow.

I am at the moment compiling anyways, so I can build you the complete installer with the current Oreo kernel and the one I looked up for you in regard to Nexmon..

It will take me no longer than half an hour.

PS

I thought you meant the firmware module for Magisk.

The kernel should if possible always being installed with the installer.

The generic ones are an option, but I have the python installer already running.
It will be around ~ 1,3 GB.I upload it afterwards.

Androidfilehost is hard buggy, so you have to make do with Mega.nz.. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

The actual NetHunter kernel for the Nexus 6p & freshly made nightly chroot, new wallpaper and all the features of the 2019.4 release in a nicely wrapped installer

https://mega.nz/#!cF5igAjK!ULwzyr07ON4L9x81KayI5KrXWVvrWIUIF0fHdgLObp4

Go nutz :)

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

@Nightslade

If required, could I build you one with the not yet released installer in the same installer, but first try this one..

PS

The issue you had before seems to be a incompatibility with the rom architecture, which is a bit odd because the 'unofficial' version I pulled is definitely for Oreo.

I remembered that 8.1 was at the beginning notthe right version for Nexmon..after you try the one above (with the last release from Google for angler!), could you give it a shot with the last 8.0 release and the beta kernel.

But first, try the official release..

If you would like to try the beta one, also - within a complete installer, quote me in this thread and I can make you a according installer ready and upload it, because I am so nice.. o/

gl ;/
Sorry , a typo , I mean my nexus
Call me crazy but I prefer mega over androidfilehost the app makes it much easier to download
I will try this out and let you know how it goes
And you are genuinely a nice guy , thanks a lot

Reactions: UsPdSr

kimocoder

Mar 19, 2011
Trondheim
www.nethunter.com
Hello guys!

We're aware that both our Android 7.x and Android 8.x kernels struggle with EXTERNAL adapters, so called "reboot on plug/unplug", but besides that things should work quite ok.
Nexmon is supported on the device also, which makes it more usable. HID/USB patches are working.

However, we're looking into the "reboot on adapter plug" and besides that, we'll import a bunch of code from "linux-stable" and see how that goes.

Upcoming:
* DWC3 ACA support, also known as USB Y-cable charging while running external USB adapter
* Import bunch of code from "linux-stable" into our code, should add a BUNCH of fixes/features.

NetHunter kernel repository:
Android 7.x at https://github.com/jcadduono/android_kernel_huawei_angler/tree/nethunter-7.1_2 by jcadduono
Android 8.x at https://github.com/kimocoder/android_kernel_huawei_angler

Stay tuned and I'll post my findings soon. Thanks!

UsPdSr

Hello guys!

We're aware that both our Android 7.x and Android 8.x kernels struggle with EXTERNAL adapters, so called "reboot on plug/unplug", but besides that things should work quite ok.
Nexmon is supported on the device also, which makes it more usable. HID/USB patches are working.

However, we're looking into the "reboot on adapter plug" and besides that, we'll import a bunch of code from "linux-stable" and see how that goes.

Upcoming:
* DWC3 ACA support, also known as USB Y-cable charging while running external USB adapter
* Import bunch of code from "linux-stable" into our code, should add a BUNCH of fixes/features.

NetHunter kernel repository:

Android 8.x at https://github.com/kimocoder/android_kernel_huawei_angler

Stay tuned and I'll post my findings soon. Thanks!

I appreciate that you are taking the time and let the people know how far you are with the kernel.

Unfortunately did the battery of my angler say goodbye a couple of weeks ago.

Perhaps I catch another good offer in the future.

I looked at your kernel..did you set the 'Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (mac80211)' with the regard of the Nexmon driver as 'M'?

https://m.imgur.com/YiAL9Ue

I hope you are enrich the community in the future still with your amazing work.

Have you got the RTL8812AU/21AU and RTL8814AU driver to work on a arm64 smartphone device yet?

UsPdSr

Last edited:

kimocoder

Mar 19, 2011
Trondheim
www.nethunter.com
Don't buy the AWUS1900, the driver is so old, it's useless.. totally. AWUS036ACH is good though, driver updates keep coming.

I just took the 8814AU and 8821AU HAL from the lmd firmwares to keep them partially supported in the rtl8812au driver at aircrack-ng, but mainly.. crappy driver makes crappy adapter. But it looks is crazy though.

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_201716.jpg
    IMG_20191219_201716.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 121

UsPdSr

Don't buy the AWUS1900, the driver is so old, it's useless.. totally. AWUS036ACH is good though, driver updates keep coming.

I just took the 8814AU and 8821AU HAL from the lmd firmwares to keep them partially supported in the rtl8812au driver at aircrack-ng, but mainly.. crappy driver makes crappy adapter. But it looks is crazy though.

Yeah, unfortunate did I read the post regarding this a bit too late, but damn(pic below).. ^

PS

I had few to none issues with your latest driver.Beside the VM part, but you mentioned that..

My tech list is already quite long, but I will try to acquire one. :3

Meanwhile did I get the AWUS036AC.
At least has it the the RTL8811AU.

I wanted to fire up the angler and hope that it's enough for testing purposes..I would try your kernel if it's alright with you?

With the latest 8.1 stock, right?

Attachments

• D9RkssEXkAAHpC6.jpg
    D9RkssEXkAAHpC6.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

kimocoder

Mar 19, 2011
Trondheim
www.nethunter.com
Yeah, unfortunate did I read the post regarding this a bit too late, but damn(pic below).. ^

PS

I had few to none issues with your latest driver.Beside the VM part, but you mentioned that..

My tech list is already quite long, but I will try to acquire one. :3

Meanwhile did I get the AWUS036AC.
At least has it the the RTL8811AU.

I wanted to fire up the angler and hope that it's enough for testing purposes..I would try your kernel if it's alright with you?

With the latest 8.1 stock, right?

Well.. it's also old and abandoned, unfortunately.. will drop support of them on upcoming releases, as they are LOTS of work and introduce problems in newer drivers, getting harder and harder to make them work together. Android 7.0 and up to Android 8.1 is supported, but we recommend v7.1.2 as the tools are most compatible with that one.

Working on the thread now, https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/development/kernel-cypher-v3-0-t4023075 here it is

Top Liked Posts