Nethunter Nexus 6P

Search This thread

maxtheax

Jan 12, 2016
I have the nightly build from here installed...I've been having issues with it - can I just flash your zip over it or do I have to start from a fresh install of android or something?

For the record, here are the issues I'm having.

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
The uninstall zip only has the meta-inf folder in it, better upload it to virustotal to be sure.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

My dirty hack isn't necessary. Seems tux has fixed it in a much cleaner way

https://github.com/cSploit/android/releases/download/v1.6.6-rc.2/cSploit-release.apk

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Well I know you mean well but it's discouraging people by confusing a dev making a mistake with malicious intent.

Yes in general I'd always suggest looking through source to see what you're flashing.

If you work with these tools wouldn't it be rather easy to just diff the bits that could be trouble?

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Brings up a good point. Security in the custom ROM world is nonexistent. Most ROMs are signed with test keys!

Giving people advice on things they might assume to be safe isn't misleading. It's just sharing knowledge. Your welcome.

Yes, I would build it yourself to be safe. Things just seem, and I say seem a bit off in the thread. I'm entitled to warn people if I feel that they need to be. There's been accounts made and those accounts have commented on this thread just to say it's all good. That, isn't the way things are done.

I'd say, this thread will be closed fairly shortly. Just a warning.

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Samsung Galaxy S20
Giving people advice on things they might assume to be safe isn't misleading. It's just sharing knowledge.XDA-Developers mobile app
Well that's not true. If your advice is misleading and you continue to give that advice even after knowing it's incorrect, that'd be the definition of misleading.

I'm editing my original comment because I think instead of bickering I can explain why I was so dismissive of your original comment because this isn't just about you, I am seeing this type of post more often.

Just giving people some advice...advice that I can give and am qualified too as I've used these tools for years professionally, get my drift?

So you're telling me that a pen tester (researcher, red team, etc) actually thinks there's malware in a flashable zip that literally had nothing in it. It was a meta-inf folder in a .zip, that's it. So if you had found something suspicious wouldn't you have thrown up a red flag immediately? Wouldn't your professional experience with these tools tell you if something was wrong? Wouldn't that tell you it's all good and therefore there's no reason accusing him in the first place?

There's been accounts made and those accounts have commented on this thread just to say it's all good. That, isn't the way things are done.
You are honestly just projecting now, there was never anything to be concerned about. ?️?️

As for the rest of your passive aggressive attitude, I'll ignore it but just know that it rubs people the wrong way especially after i'ts been cleared up and you continue to make this assumption.

As mentioned, this is NOT OFFICIAL.
The only thing we agree on! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: aleph23

dude1981

May 7, 2014
Gaffney
Why? If he was looking there he'd never know.

Speaking of which, the nightly page has been down for a few days now... anyone know if there is development going on for NH, official/unofficial. https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/

Here's the link for nightly builds. https://build.nethunter.com/nightly/ I've got Nethunter running on nougat. I've been testing it for about a week now. If it keeps running like it does now and passes a few more tests that I've not had time to run I will post it. Should take me a few more days to complete my testing.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Here's the link for nightly builds. https://build.nethunter.com/nightly/ I've got Nethunter running on nougat. I've been testing it for about a week now. If it keeps running like it does now and passes a few more tests that I've not had time to run I will post it. Should take me a few more days to complete my testing.

Awesome. Thanks for the update, and forthcoming builds. I've never had the chance to flash this. But am greatly interested in doing so

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
You've benn running nethunter on 7.0? Like, the 6p kernel for 6.0 and a nougat rom? There is a rom based on cm14.1 under the nethunteros section dated 12/9..
Did you have to modify the mm kernel in any way or something?

jamalgota

Jan 4, 2017
with all due respect, Da **** do i do with cm 14.1 nethunteros

Is it Custom Rom
Is It Custom Kernel
Does it require an initial 7.1

Ps:is this the real life

Last edited:

jamalgota

Jan 4, 2017
What steps did you take? I'm super noob to the nethunter stuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
"Nougat will work once there is a kernel for it. Until then, the latest version of marshmallow will work perfectly. Everything works. I just noticed that there isn't a CyanogenMod kernel for the Nexus 6P. So it will be flashed on stock.

Here's what to do.

Download the last MM stock image. Flash it. Boot up once.

Then flash the generic arm64 full zip. Right after that, flash the kernel for angler. Angler is the code name for the Nexus 6P.

Now it's installed. After you restart, open the nethunter app to finish installation. Voila, it works."

follow the last comment.also apparently the cyanogenmod is a fail(read: unstable)

Reactions: JPREMEEE

t83wood

Feb 22, 2013
So I've tried the cm14 and marshmallow versions. I love that nethunter terminal in cm14 has useful arrow keys and shortcuts built into it so I was trying to use just the terminal from cm14 with marshmallow but not having any luck because it is force closing whenever I launch it. What I've tried is restoring it in marshmallow using Titanium Backup, testing (force closes), deleting chroot and reinstalling, testing (force closes), updating the nethunter app deleting chroot and deleting data for nhterminal, testing (still force closes). I've read somewhere that when trying to port apps from other roms you are supposed to also place the apps corresponding lib.so files but this is new for me. Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone