• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nethunter Nexus 6P

Search This thread

UsPdSr

1. In phone - Go to
a. settings,
b. About phone,
c. Select build number (click 7 times)
d. Select back once
e. Select dev options
2. Enable OEM unlocking
3. Open platform-tools directory (this includes android tools and correct (xda) OS image) to check you have all the files
4. Power off phone
5. Power on phone holding vol down
6. Plug in cable
7. Open CMD in admin privileges
8. Navigate to platform-tools directory (C:\Users\Chezzers\Desktop\platform-tools) - type:
a. Fastboot devices (this check for connection to phone)

9. Complete the following commands to flash the image:

a. fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-angler-angler-03.64.img
b. Fastboot reboot-bootloader
c. fastboot flash radio radio-angler-angler-03.78.img
d. fastboot flash boot boot.img
e. fastboot flash cache cache.img
f. fastboot flash system system.img
g. fastboot erase userdata
h. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
i. fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

/You can abbreviate bootloader and radio, just .img at the end.With that you avoid typos..

NOTE: To reset the phone to full stock with bootloader locked complete step 10 otherwise move to step 11

10. Complete the following commands to LOCK bootloader:
a. fastboot flashing lock
b. Confirm lock on phone with power button

Why are you locking the bootloader here?

11. Check phone boots to new OS
a. Unplug cable
b. Press the power button which will be on bootloader detailing 'Start'
c. Boot into phone and setup user (skip everything)

No!
Flash Twrp immediately after the last file and boot it up manual via the Vol +- buttons.

12. Close down phone and enter bootloader

?

13. Plug in USB cable and in Windows load CMD as admin. Enter commands:
a. fastboot devices
b. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-angler.img
14. Using the phone use volume up key to select Recovery
15. Install Magisk-v19.2.zip
a. Click install
b. Select Magisk-v19.2.zip
c. Swipe the slider to install Magisk
d. Reboot system
16. Remove SuperSU app with System App Remover

This comes at the end of the stock rom flashing procedure.
And SuperSu is not installed, until you flash Nethunter.

17. Using solid explorer install
a. SELinuxModeChangerre V-10_DroidApkBuzz.com.apk
18. Open the SELinuxModeChanger and set mode to permissive
19. Enter phone open Magisk manager

Only complete steps 20 & 21 if Magisk has updated. Magisk installer flashed with twrp is too old and to open Magisk manager you must downgrade Magisk manager to lower than v 18. If you have not upgraded Magaisk manager after install then skip to step 22.

Twrp 3.2.2 and Magisk 19.2

20. Uninstall the Magisk app that was installed with the twrp install (step 15)
21. Install MagiskManager-v6.0.0.apk

The Manager comes with the flashing of the installer.
Also Twrp doesn't flash Magisk automatically.

22. In Magisk manager select:
a. menu burger
b. Select +
c. Use file browser - navigate to magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip

Okay, then strike the App 'SElinux..'

d. Select reboot
23. Copy the following to the phone HDD
a. root-checker-6-4-5.apk to the phone HDD

You can check this by simply clicking on Magisk.

b. 3d_step___Solid Explorer File Manager_v2.6.3_apkpure.com.apk
c. nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip
d. jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk
e. nethunter.apk
f. Term-nh.apk
g. magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip
24. Head to Settings > Storage > Other
a. Install root checker .apk root-checker-6-4-5.apk
b. Open app & check root
c. Install Solid Explorer File Manager_v2.6.3_apkpure.com.apk
d. Open app & check it works
25. Power off phone and boot into recovery
26. Using Twrp Install nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip
27. Using solid explorer install jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk
28. Open terminal and enter the following commands
a. su
b. pm uninstall com.offsec.nethunter
c. pm uninstall com.offsec.nhterm

Like I said, this is optional and not without potential issues.

Stay with the installed application, but this is your choice.
29. Uninstall androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk
30. Reboot phone
31. Using solid explorer install (note: disregard install warning message):
a. nethunter.apk
b. Term-nh.apk
32. Open bother Nethunter app and NH Terminal and grant the necessary permissions as well as superuser for both of them and reboot.
33. Open NH Terminal and enter command:
a. wget -q -O - https://archive.kali.org/archive-key.asc | apt-key add (message should appear with 'OK' )
b. apt-get update
c. apt-get upgrade
34. Copy the following to the phone HDD:
a. SELinuxModeChangerre V-10_DroidApkBuzz.com.apk

Not necessary.

b. com.catchingnow.tinyclipboardmanager_1.9.2-97_minAPI14(arm64-v8a,armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,mips64,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
35. Using solid explorer install com.catchingnow.tinyclipboardmanager_1.9.2-97_minAPI14(arm64-v8a,armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,mips64,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com

Finish.. Will the external wifi NIC work?

This is the the simplest way to get it running, so yes.

Ive got no idea but i'll tell you tomorrow. If anyonecan be bothered to read this process and can see anythign wrong then please let me know. Ive flashed my phone 10 times with various guides and this will be one of the last times i do it.

Again thanks very much for the help.

I'll paginate this guide after/if i determine that the guide/process works

Last edited:

UsPdSr

Great stuff. Just what I needed. I will adjust with your notes - Thanks.

Sry, if I screwed with your formatting, but this is so much... ^^

Don't let it bother you.
This is one of the most specific tutorials I've ever seen.

You have to install Twrp after the Stock rom, then manual booting in the recovery now and flash Magisk.After that you can boot up into the rom.

And don't mess with the bootloader..
I think this has accidentally been misplaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: BettyNutsz

UsPdSr

PS

I installed the according files and noticed that you have to uninstall beside SuperSU(if you use Magisk), the nethunter app and the terminal as well.

Just use the files that I uploaded while installing resp. preparation.

The actual terminal didn't work.
No idea why.You can different it by the file size,the new one has over 600 kb.

If I come anything else across, which would be worth to mention, I'll edit this post or send a new one.

UsPdSr

After a feeled brain-anorisma and Wifite's mod swings, I came to a solution, which is nearly perfect.

I bought a Nexus 5x for 85 $ and have two Kernel from which I can choose, one better then the other.

It is a bit frustrating that the Angler has no development or functional modules, primary the speed, Display size and of course internal Monitor Mode ability, the last is not that exciting, maybe in a lecture as gag or if you want to own the dark army, no clue.It's a shame.

The "new" device is in perfect condition and I wanted to try the Sphinx Kernel since two years.The Zest kernel is very well maintained; the dev has also made the 'NaliKethunter' as well.Awesome possibilities, because they are compatible with Oreo/Pie Custom etc.
The Cpu is okay, USB-C etc., this is first and foremost a Hobby and kind of get my geekin'.
I use Raspberry's at work, because they are reliable and expandable.
The RPI 0 are great.Since Aloah (pwnpi) are the possibilitie s endless and it makes many things quite easy. :)

< - Only in legal ways..
Anyhow.

I still use the 6p, because my tech-budget is completely maxed out for the summer.Beside that,is it a sexy piece and with the right rom more then just ok.

So, that is my solution.
I will still help where I can.

Btw, the kalifs and a couple more Tools aren't working properly.I remember that Wifite functioned on the Nethunter OS the first days or so.

I am probably not the spokesperson of the so called '2019.2 release' and a couple more things, which would be too muc.
Key Word Gemini and 600 $ Tablet.Oh.
A 4 year old device,Oneplus 2, with the only Pie support.

But I can understand it on the other hand. Very gifted coder and developer, who wants to get Kali working.R4son's phone etc, but the rest is nonsense.The Tablet and the Pda aren't providing the availability from the price range(like Nexus)for the people.Not even those immens costs, but the Pda is very useless in my opinion tough.The entire project is very confusing maintained from all sides and that is the problem.Okay, I look forward to hopefully read somewhat positive by Betty.

Regards!

Last edited:

kAh00t

Jun 5, 2019
Hey folks!

I am also experiencing the same issue where I can see my Alfa AWUS036NHA as a device using lsusb but there is no wireless devices other than the phone itself showing in iwconfig/airmon-ng (I am pretty new to pen testing so I apologise if I am using any terms incorrectly). My Nexus 6p is running Orea 8.1 and my NH kernel is 3.10.73-angler-nethunter3.0. Much like others, I have tried a number of OTG cables but still no light showing on the device as normal with other kali linux installations.

I just want to say that I am so happy there are some people who know what they are doing working on some of these issues with Nethunter on the Nexus 6P. I am good with computers but kernels/roms have always been out of my comfort zone and I wouldn't even know where to start fixing this.

I do not which to ask anyone to repeat themselves but just to confirm - as of this moment no one is aware of particular kernel/rom combination for 6P that has the ability to use said wireless card for monitoring? I came across an article that stated that it was working previously but obviously something has changed :( Would anyone assume this is something their team may be working on or due to the phones age are we sh*t out of luck?

I am so frustrated as I have been eagerly awaiting the chance to resurrect my 6P after I retired it due to some battery and fingerprint sensor issues, as it is far and away the best phone I ever owned, and what cooler thing to do that turn it in to a beasting pen testing tool to aid my career! Else I will need to use my raspberry Pi kali linux portable machine moving forward but....it's no 6P.

Thanks for all your hard work guys, I stand on the shoulders of giants :p

Dave

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

After a feeled brain-anorisma and Wifite's mod swings, I came to a solution, which is nearly perfect.

I bought a Nexus 5x for 85 $ and have two Kernel from which I can choose, one better then the other.

It is a bit frustrating that the Angler has no development or functional modules, primary the speed, Display size and of course internal Monitor Mode ability, the last is not that exciting, maybe in a lecture as gag or if you want to own the dark army, no clue.It's a shame.

The "new" device is in perfect condition and I wanted to try the Sphinx Kernel since two years.The Zest kernel is very well maintained; the dev has also made the 'NaliKethunter' as well.Awesome possibilities, because they are compatible with Oreo/Pie Custom etc.
The Cpu is okay, USB-C etc., this is first and foremost a Hobby and kind of get my geekin'.
I use Raspberry's at work, because they are reliable and expandable.
The RPI 0 are great.Since Aloah (pwnpi) are the possibilitie s endless and it makes many things quite easy. :)

< - Only in legal ways..
Anyhow.

I still use the 6p, because my tech-budget is completely maxed out for the summer.Beside that,is it a sexy piece and with the right rom more then just ok.

So, that is my solution.
I will still help where I can.

Btw, the kalifs and a couple more Tools aren't working properly.I remember that Wifite functioned on the Nethunter OS the first days or so.

I am probably not the spokesperson of the so called '2019.2 release' and a couple more things, which would be too muc.
Key Word Gemini and 600 $ Tablet.Oh.
A 4 year old device,Oneplus 2, with the only Pie support.

But I can understand it on the other hand. Very gifted coder and developer, who wants to get Kali working.R4son's phone etc, but the rest is nonsense.The Tablet and the Pda aren't providing the availability from the price range(like Nexus)for the people.Not even those immens costs, but the Pda is very useless in my opinion tough.The entire project is very confusing maintained from all sides and that is the problem.Okay, I look forward to hopefully read somewhat positive by Betty.

Regards!
D76ITA9WsAY5QDQ

D76ITA7XsAAzfX2

D76ITBcXoAUi2jY

Re: your use of rasp pi

I am pretty new to the game of rasp pi but I put together the above before (wrongfully) thinking I could use my Nexus 6P for use as a pentesting tool, other than some power issues it works great! happy to provide more details regarding it if requested....it is no Nexus 6P though.... :(

UsPdSr

Hey folks!

I am also experiencing the same issue where I can see my Alfa AWUS036NHA as a device using lsusb but there is no wireless devices other than the phone itself showing in iwconfig/airmon-ng (I am pretty new to pen testing so I apologise if I am using any terms incorrectly). My Nexus 6p is running Orea 8.1 and my NH kernel is 3.10.73-angler-nethunter3.0. Much like others, I have tried a number of OTG cables but still no light showing on the device as normal with other kali linux installations.

I just want to say that I am so happy there are some people who know what they are doing working on some of these issues with Nethunter on the Nexus 6P. I am good with computers but kernels/roms have always been out of my comfort zone and I wouldn't even know where to start fixing this.

I do not which to ask anyone to repeat themselves but just to confirm - as of this moment no one is aware of particular kernel/rom combination for 6P that has the ability to use said wireless card for monitoring? I came across an article that stated that it was working previously but obviously something has changed :( Would anyone assume this is something their team may be working on or due to the phones age are we sh*t out of luck?

I am so frustrated as I have been eagerly awaiting the chance to resurrect my 6P after I retired it due to some battery and fingerprint sensor issues, as it is far and away the best phone I ever owned, and what cooler thing to do that turn it in to a beasting pen testing tool to aid my career! Else I will need to use my raspberry Pi kali linux portable machine moving forward but....it's no 6P.

Thanks for all your hard work guys, I stand on the shoulders of giants :p

Dave

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Re: your use of rasp pi

I am pretty new to the game of rasp pi but I put together the above before (wrongfully) thinking I could use my Nexus 6P for use as a pentesting tool, other than some power issues it works great! happy to provide more details regarding it if requested....it is no Nexus 6P though.... :(

The Pi 0 WH and the 3rd ones.Especially the Pwnpi Aloah now is a amazing piece of software.

I am annoyed by the speed now and then, but it's to be used as desktop environment in general.

Even wirh the right setup.Can you recommend a good display?Maximum 7", touchscreen doesn't matter.

Did you give the Nougat configuration a try?

I would be happy to give you a similiar setup of getting the famous Nethunter OS a go, if you want..?

Personally, I stay with my plans for the LG Nexus 5x, for now..

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

----> https://github.com/mame82/P4wnP1_aloa

Just in case you didn't got a chance to give it a try.

kAh00t

Jun 5, 2019
The Pi 0 WH and the 3rd ones.Especially the Pwnpi Aloah now is a amazing piece of software.

I am annoyed by the speed now and then, but it's to be used as desktop environment in general.

Even wirh the right setup.Can you recommend a good display?Maximum 7", touchscreen doesn't matter.

Did you give the Nougat configuration a try?

I would be happy to give you a similiar setup of getting the famous Nethunter OS a go, if you want..?

Personally, I stay with my plans for the LG Nexus 5x, for now..

So I opted for the 9" HDMI PI + driver board as it seemed like the most cost effective option, + I love that it has both an HDMI input and output, one for pi, another for testing other monitorless machines (should I ever need to... :/ ... more likely my Xbox), it is supposed to draw enough power through the board to the Pi but as it was designed for the RaspPi 2 it doesnt draw enough amps to run the 3 B+ properly.

The HDMPI is sold out most places (it was a kick starter), but the company that made it sell individual parts, £70 for screen and board all in:

shop dot cyntech dot co dot uk/collections/hdmipi

I plan on buying a PI zero W to make a fun wifi jammer or bug, but much like yourself my tech budget is very much constrained for now :p

My friend, I would take any advise you may have on a OS/ROM/Kernel configuration you may have if it leads to this working! Other than for security reasons I don't really care what OS it is running as it is a specific device for helping me study. I have not yet tried nougat but I think trying other versions of android may be the logical next step.

Thanks for the reply and all the work you put in on this thread thus far! and for the pwnpi link, i will look in to this.

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
Sry, if I screwed with your formatting, but this is so much... ^^

Don't let it bother you.
This is one of the most specific tutorials I've ever seen.

You have to install Twrp after the Stock rom, then manual booting in the recovery now and flash Magisk.After that you can boot up into the rom.

And don't mess with the bootloader..
I think this has accidentally been misplaced.

Questions before I test this new procedure. Ive had to work - sorry for the delay.

I see there are 6p external wifi card questions being asked on Reddit and also on git to the Andrax dev team. Oh lord

Last Questions

1. Can you attach the link for twrp 3.2.2 (there are lots of different ones - I want to get the correct one)
2. Is it correct that I DO NOT now need SELinuxModeChanger AT ALL ….as the magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip sets permissive mode?
3. Do I need to uninstall superSu - yes or no?
a. If yes - where in the procedure?
4. What does this mean: 'Like I said, this is optional and not without potential issues'

Thanks - Hope this is my last ….haha

kAh00t

Jun 5, 2019
Hey again folks,

I spent the day learning a little more about ROMs and Kernels, and after some frustration and a bootloop period I think I finally get it. I have tried installing CM14.1 and NethunterOS but no joy :( think after a long day of trying to get a working build configuration I need to admit defeat. On the upside, I have became more proficient at flashing so everything is a learning experience!

If anyone going forward has a working configuration for an older version of android let me know! I'd love to get this working.

UsPdSr

Hey guys,

I am happy to see the renewal of this topic; in every direction. :)

So I opted for the 9" HDMI PI + driver board as it seemed like the most cost effective option, + I love that it has both an HDMI input and output, one for pi, another for testing other monitorless machines (should I ever need to... :/ ... more likely my Xbox), it is supposed to draw enough power through the board to the Pi but as it was designed for the RaspPi 2 it doesnt draw enough amps to run the 3 B+ properly.

The HDMPI is sold out most places (it was a kick starter), but the company that made it sell individual parts, £70 for screen and board all in:

shop dot cyntech dot co dot uk/collections/hdmipi

Couldn't you solve the power issues by just using the recommended one for the 3 B+ with a specific 3,1 a charger and/or a (additional) power bank?

Altough I would rather prefer the power bank, because in matter of portability..
I have a bunch from Anker.The new ones have high output of 4a and up.

I was a bit irritated, even though the website from HDMPI is still online, I didn't find any spec related infos, with exclusion of the promo video, but that was just the one from element14 and does introduce the official touchscreen for the Raspi, which is 7" tough..?

The official one can still be bought without hassle.
But I prefer 'Waveshare', if I'm being honest.

The technical setup for the Official one can be found in several generics, for a fraction of the price.
I had different experiences in regard to stability.

I think you were talking about the Official display, but I rather won't assume.. ;)

I plan on buying a PI zero W to make a fun wifi jammer or bug, but much like yourself my tech budget is very much constrained for now :p

I now this is not without entertainment factor, but more a party gag.

If this is sth. you are interested.
Kali (nethunter) has the possibility with python to get the same result.

Just google "wifijammer.py".

The costs for a Raspberry Pi 0 WH is around € 9.

You need a HDMI to MicroUSB adapter for screen stuff, but this device has 512 MB RAM and is better to use via SSH.

Two things, if you want to use Ethernet, you need a specific adapter.There aren't that many in non Asia-areas to get.The two I have are from the same manufacturer(unknown), but commonly offered.
Has the mentioned Ethernet port and practicality, three USB ports.For a additional Wlan Adapter, which isn't a necessity, if you want to use it as Pwnpi or are happy with the Nexmon option.

It's an amazing piece hardware with mame82's P4wnP1 a very, very powerful little fellow.

I have not yet tried nougat but I think trying other versions of android may be the logical next step.

Nethunter and Oreo is something which isn't realistic unfortunately. :(

Believe me, I tried.

kimocoder hasn't responded to my message.He is busy, but hm, okay.It's not that I am not in the same circles, anyhow.

Without the intention of tarnishing the credibility of a fellow coder and I know that he is gifted without any doubt.

Beside him, nobody and I mean nobody has successfully got a external Wlan adapter to work with 8.1.

I went through every single commit, issue, and so on from the past ~5 months.

It's not possible (at the moment at least).

Thanks for the reply and all the work you put in on this thread thus far!

Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Questions before I test this new procedure. Ive had to work - sorry for the delay.

I see there are 6p external wifi card questions being asked on Reddit and also on git to the Andrax dev team. Oh lord

Last Questions

1. Can you attach the link for twrp 3.2.2 (there are lots of different ones - I want to get the correct one)
2. Is it correct that I DO NOT now need SELinuxModeChanger AT ALL ….as the magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip sets permissive mode?
3. Do I need to uninstall superSu - yes or no?
a. If yes - where in the procedure?
4. What does this mean: 'Like I said, this is optional and not without potential issues'

Thanks - Hope this is my last ….haha

Not necessary to be careful, even tough, I applaud your preparations. ^^

You tried this several times before and failed, right?

I don't understand, is it the repetition or the delay, for which you are (unnecessarily) apologize?

Because if it's the first, then you have to prepare yourself for 3, 4 approaches and even then, eventually did you read my posts at the beginning of the week.

Kali Nethunter is very unstable on the Nexus 6p even you got your NIC running properly.

From ~ 35 tryouts were ~ 4 successful.
Two with 7.1.1 stock and the kalif-full-3.20... Nougat to be found in jc's release section on build.nethunter.
Two with binkybear's NethunterOS and a mutation-setup.

Two I wiped and two were after 1-3 days not be able to get the external adapter to run anymore.
The error cannot be pinpoint.Not even reverse engineered.

I did go back up a bit far now and have to run.

I try to answer all questions this evening, but this would be mean now, if If I let you hanging now.. ;)

You have the tp-link tl-wn722n version _1_ as far as I remember?
Then you got to go.

JC's suggestions to get the Alfa AWUS036neh regards to the power consumption of some adapter, but you are good to go.

I have a whole drawer full of adapter and most of them work.What I tried to say was, even my Alfa AWUS036ACH works with the right setup. ;)

Okay,

https://dl.twrp.me/angler/twrp-3.2.3-0-angler.img.html

Correct.

Yes, if you want to use Magisk and the script.
No, if you're happy with SuperSU alone and the very unreliable SElinux apk.

Can be ignored.

To be continued..

Last edited:

kAh00t

Jun 5, 2019
Thanks for letting me know about the Rasp Pi W H jammer! I think I might 3D print my friend a toy with one plugged in since I know his wifi password, set it to drop him for 5 minutes every 4:20pm...

You can also buy a small high gain microphone to attach to it and you have a microbug and no cost at all :D

That power supply in the photos was about £15 for 10kAh and actually does provide enough power it seems, I must have judged it on first time booting where it was drawing more power. The HDMIPi was a short run of screens and more of a project for the company which is why components are available but not the full thing. I opted for that screen so I could have the additional functionality of having an HDMI input too, the official touchscreen looks great for most things but I thought a touchscreen would be useless with kali linux anyway. Waveshare looks awesome thanks for the suggestion!

Re: the actual subject matter of this post (lol)

I tried as you suggested flashining 7.1. I read a post from a while ago saying that a working configuration that someone had posted (see below)

"1)take 6p with any OS
2)flash angler-n4f26u-factory-131d7b01.zip from fastboot and start Android
3)copy

purenexus_angler-7.1.1-20170317-OFFICIAL.zip,

NUF26N_vendor.img,
kernel-nethunter-angler-nougat-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip,
a
nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs-full-rolling-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip to
/sdcard/Download and poweroff

4)flash twrp-3.1.1-0-angler.img from fastboot
5)reboot bootloader W/O system reboot
6)go to twrp recovery
7)Wipe->Advanced->wipe everything EXCEPT "Internal Storage"
8)return to Install
9)flash NUF26N_vendor.img
10)flash purenexus...zip
11)reboot system, start Android, make start settings, poweroff
12)go to twrp recovery
13)flash nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs-full-rolling-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip
14)flash kernel-nethunter-angler-nougat-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip
15)reboot sysytem
16)run NH appflash
"
This actually installed and my wireless card was recognized! everything worked the way I hoped it would...however.... I was unable to open msfconsole, which somewhat rendered the having NH on my phone far less limited in capability. and at time of writing, now that I am booting up I am stuck on a "Google" screen with a padlock hahaha, I guess I will need to find another flashing configuration!

Does anyone have a suggested confirmed working configuration that is likely to work with my alpha card? I really don't care what OS so long as my wireless card and msf work :D I have became pretty good at flashing things and have a much firmer understanding of the process than when I started so I may be able to understand the more technical stuff now :)

I can only imagine how hard it is for the developers of NH to work on this on this whilst they do what are likely equally complicated stuff in their jobs, if they are reading this thanks for your time and efforts too.

UsPdSr

Thanks for letting me know about the Rasp Pi W H jammer! I think I might 3D print my friend a toy with one plugged in since I know his wifi password, set it to drop him for 5 minutes every 4:20pm...

You can also buy a small high gain microphone to attach to it and you have a microbug and no cost at all :D

That power supply in the photos was about £15 for 10kAh and actually does provide enough power it seems, I must have judged it on first time booting where it was drawing more power. The HDMIPi was a short run of screens and more of a project for the company which is why components are available but not the full thing. I opted for that screen so I could have the additional functionality of having an HDMI input too, the official touchscreen looks great for most things but I thought a touchscreen would be useless with kali linux anyway. Waveshare looks awesome thanks for the suggestion!

Re: the actual subject matter of this post (lol)

I tried as you suggested flashining 7.1. I read a post from a while ago saying that a working configuration that someone had posted (see below)

"1)take 6p with any OS
2)flash angler-n4f26u-factory-131d7b01.zip from fastboot and start Android
3)copy

purenexus_angler-7.1.1-20170317-OFFICIAL.zip,

NUF26N_vendor.img,
kernel-nethunter-angler-nougat-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip,
a
nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs-full-rolling-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip to
/sdcard/Download and poweroff

4)flash twrp-3.1.1-0-angler.img from fastboot
5)reboot bootloader W/O system reboot
6)go to twrp recovery
7)Wipe->Advanced->wipe everything EXCEPT "Internal Storage"
8)return to Install
9)flash NUF26N_vendor.img
10)flash purenexus...zip
11)reboot system, start Android, make start settings, poweroff
12)go to twrp recovery
13)flash nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs-full-rolling-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip
14)flash kernel-nethunter-angler-nougat-3.15.4-20170629-1630.zip
15)reboot sysytem
16)run NH appflash
"
This actually installed and my wireless card was recognized! everything worked the way I hoped it would...however.... I was unable to open msfconsole, which somewhat rendered the having NH on my phone far less limited in capability. and at time of writing, now that I am booting up I am stuck on a "Google" screen with a padlock hahaha, I guess I will need to find another flashing configuration!

Does anyone have a suggested confirmed working configuration that is likely to work with my alpha card? I really don't care what OS so long as my wireless card and msf work :D I have became pretty good at flashing things and have a much firmer understanding of the process than when I started so I may be able to understand the more technical stuff now :)

I can only imagine how hard it is for the developers of NH to work on this on this whilst they do what are likely equally complicated stuff in their jobs, if they are reading this thanks for your time and efforts too.

I mainly use Xda labs and didn't saw your amazing rig, which you lovingly assembled. ^^

I was laughing so hard regarding your planned prank.

I wanted to give a you huge compliment for you engagement here and say a big thank you for the issue entry by gitlab.

I can answer the question or in this case the outcome of the configuration with the suggested kernel.
It is the same kernel.
With one difference, which is the implementation of Nexmon. That's it.

:/

The question regarding a working installation did you answer basically by yourself.

I know of the above mentioned configuration.
Believe me, I looked at every single commit as well as the whole issue section in regard to the 6p.Everything beginning at Marshmallow.

I'm pretty busy and received the Nexus 5x just now, that's why the grammar is this bad.

I would like to talk with you 1:1, if you want.

I didn't chat since ~ 2008.

So, Irc is a possibility or maybe XMPP?

I have to set it up first, but like I said we would have to time with each others zones.

Perhaps BettyNutsz is interested as well?

Greetings from ... !

Last edited:

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
Green light - power to TL-WN722N

i got wlan1. Nice work UsPdSr. Massive thanks for the help

Up-to-date Procedure - Power to wifi card with Nethunter for Nexus 6P

1. Go to
a. settings,
b. About phone,
d. Select back once
e. Select dev options
2. Enable OEM unlocking
3. Enable USB debugging
4. Open complete downloaded files directory (e.g. 2 Do NH) (this includes android tools and correct (xda) OS images)
5. Power off phone
6. Power on phone holding vol down
7. Plug in cable
8. Open CMD with admin privileges
9. Navigate complete downloaded files (e.g C:\Users\your_user_name\Desktop\2 Do NH) - enter the following commands:

9a. Complete the following commands to flash the image (can be copied and pasted):

b. fastboot reboot-bootloader
j. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-angler.img

10. Use the phone volume up key to select Recovery
11. At the Twrp ask for password screen complete the following steps:
a. Select Cancel
b. Select 'Wipe'
c. Slide slider to Wipe
d. Select 'Back' to return to main menu
e. Select 'Reboot'
f. Select 'Recovery'
12. Using twrp Install Magisk-v19.2.zip
a. Click 'Install'
d. Select 'Reboot System'
13. Set up OS to user preference (sim, wifi date & time, name, finger print, email)
14. Check for root by opening Magisk manager app (I assume this wont open if you don’t have root?)
15. Plug in USB-c cable
16. Set USB to Transfer files
17. Using windows file explorer copy magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip to the phone HDD
18. In Magisk manager select:
a. menu burger
b. modules
c. +
d. ALLOW
e. 'tree dots' icon (top right of screen)
f. 'Show internal storage'
g. menu burger
h. Nexus 6P
i. Select AND HOLD on magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip
j. Reboot
19. Copy the following to the phone HDD
a. Solid Explorer File Manager_v2.6.3_apkpure.com.apk
b. nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip
c. jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk
d. nethunter.apk
e. Term-nh.apk
f. bootanimation_nethunter_working.zip
20. Power off phone and boot into recovery (step 6)
21. Use volume up key to select Recovery
22. Using Twrp Install nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip
23. Select 'Reboot System'
Note: During phone boot sequence - You should see Kali boot logo with thick borders. Note: You will be granting full root privileges from this point forward.
24. Install Solid explorer
a. Phone - Settings > Storage > Other
b. Select Solid Explorer File Manager_v2.6.3_apkpure.com.apk
c. Allow install from untrusted sources
25. Using solid explorer install jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk (Android Terminal Emulator)
26. Open terminal and enter the following commands
a. su
27. Close Terminal Emulator
28. Uninstall Android Terminal Emulator
29. Reboot phone
30. Using solid explorer install (Note: Disregard install warning message):
a. nethunter.apk
b. Term-nh.apk
31. Open both Nethunter app and NH Terminal and grant the necessary permissions as well as superuser for both of them and reboot.
32. Open NH Terminal and enter command:
a. wget -q -O - https://archive.kali.org/archive-key.asc | apt-key add (message should appear with 'OK' )
b. apt-get update
c. apt-get upgrade
33. Power off phone and start twrp
34. Install bootanimation_nethunter_working.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: UsPdSr

UsPdSr

i got wlan1. Nice work UsPdSr. Massive thanks for the help

Up-to-date Procedure - Power to wifi card with Nethunter for Nexus 6P

1. Go to
a. settings,
b. About phone,
d. Select back once
e. Select dev options
2. Enable OEM unlocking
3. Enable USB debugging
4. Open complete downloaded files directory (e.g. 2 Do NH) (this includes android tools and correct (xda) OS images)
5. Power off phone
6. Power on phone holding vol down
7. Plug in cable
8. Open CMD with admin privileges
9. Navigate complete downloaded files (e.g C:\Users\your_user_name\Desktop\2 Do NH) - enter the following commands:

9a. Complete the following commands to flash the image (can be copied and pasted):

b. fastboot reboot-bootloader
j. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-angler.img

10. Use the phone volume up key to select Recovery
11. At the Twrp ask for password screen complete the following steps:
a. Select Cancel
b. Select 'Wipe'
c. Slide slider to Wipe
d. Select 'Back' to return to main menu
e. Select 'Reboot'
f. Select 'Recovery'
12. Using twrp Install Magisk-v19.2.zip
a. Click 'Install'
d. Select 'Reboot System'
13. Set up OS to user preference (sim, wifi date & time, name, finger print, email)
14. Check for root by opening Magisk manager app (I assume this wont open if you don’t have root?)
15. Plug in USB-c cable
16. Set USB to Transfer files
17. Using windows file explorer copy magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip to the phone HDD
18. In Magisk manager select:
a. menu burger
b. modules
c. +
d. ALLOW
e. 'tree dots' icon (top right of screen)
f. 'Show internal storage'
g. menu burger
h. Nexus 6P
i. Select AND HOLD on magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip
j. Reboot
19. Copy the following to the phone HDD
a. Solid Explorer File Manager_v2.6.3_apkpure.com.apk
b. nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip
c. jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk
d. nethunter.apk
e. Term-nh.apk
f. bootanimation_nethunter_working.zip
20. Power off phone and boot into recovery (step 6)
21. Use volume up key to select Recovery
22. Using Twrp Install nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip
23. Select 'Reboot System'
Note: During phone boot sequence - You should see Kali boot logo with thick borders. Note: You will be granting full root privileges from this point forward.
24. Install Solid explorer
a. Phone - Settings > Storage > Other
b. Select Solid Explorer File Manager_v2.6.3_apkpure.com.apk
c. Allow install from untrusted sources
25. Using solid explorer install jackpal.androidterm-1.0.70-71-minAPI4.apk (Android Terminal Emulator)
26. Open terminal and enter the following commands
a. su
27. Close Terminal Emulator
28. Uninstall Android Terminal Emulator
29. Reboot phone
30. Using solid explorer install (Note: Disregard install warning message):
a. nethunter.apk
b. Term-nh.apk
31. Open both Nethunter app and NH Terminal and grant the necessary permissions as well as superuser for both of them and reboot.
32. Open NH Terminal and enter command:
b. apt-get update
c. apt-get upgrade
33. Power off phone and start twrp
34. Install bootanimation_nethunter_working.zip

I am very glad to see that you've been successful.
I hope it stays that way.

I am quite busy at the moment and the summer has fully reached us here.

I'm not totally satisfied with the selection of chipsets, which I can use with the bullhead and the next step is a purely stock setup.

As a precaution have I reported this issue on gitlab.

Maybe kah00t and you can help each other out.

I definitely haven't forgotten about you guys and will come back to you as soon as possible.

With best regards,

UsPdSr

Last edited:

UsPdSr

Hey guys and gals!

I was thinking about the huge amount of work we had to do, before Nethunter was fully able to use.

Maybe one of you could be so nice(poke BettyNutsz) and write a tutorial for all the user, which are struggling with the installation and right setup of Kali Nethunter..!?

What do you think?

PS

< - - I was able to use my Alfa AWUS036ACH with Comfast Booster and 9 dB Alfa Antenne.. ;)

I had over 90 clients.. o/

All the best and please, stay within the legal areas..I don't want to see, interested, motivated and foremost very friendly guys get busted, because they forget to secure their own system(Vpn, Macchanger etc..)

Without you are vulnerable and this has nothing to do with an illegal usage, it's a requirement.

Greetings

Last edited:

hubrisnxs

Nov 30, 2007
Austin
Come On, Somebody!

Look,

When a person makes an awesome valid post, in general, I don't necessarily think anyone is necessarily socially obligated to say a thing, nor put their backs into labour they wouldn't normally commit themselves.

That said, there is an incredible need for decent Penetration Testing, if only to make the red teamers into something vaguely more threatening, near to the fidelity promised by those marketing guys. Also, there is a kind of uncanny valley when your most Swayze threat vector is vulnerable to BlueBorne.

When you put it together with the fact that, while no wlan0/1 monitor mode seems compatible with 6p 8.0 and above, there's different error codes for, say, an 8.1 and LineageOS 15/16

Also, you have packet injection, you usually have a wide HID bottleneck, and it's valuable to usb rubber ducky/ducky script from USB C... Bluetooth too, is mighty strong, and it'd be great to see a Ubertooth (last time I saw Bluetooth testing work on a device, it was on internal monitor mode, but that, I believe, is not correlative to the nexmon drivers... Though it may be.

So, yeah, it'd be awesome to see activity on this one. I have to go all the way to Note 3 Tablet to find a decent workhorse after the 6p, and I don't want to do that. I got a few dollars and thanks for those that may break bread/bend backs for the community. Shame on me for not saying "Yeah, I agree with OP", but, honestly, I didn't know that at the time

Greetings, folks . /

I am currently trying to combine binkybear's build for the 6p, "Nethunter OS"(*) , which is exclusively developed for the use of Nexmon, in a few words the usage of the built-in WI-FI chipset as m0n..

The same goes for the recently released version "2019.2", which has been released @ kali.org is in my opinion too 50 % useless and quite irritating as well as dismissive.It implies the same kernel that I have a compiled couple of weeks ago.. So, no external options.

Just look the Pie build for the Nexus 6 up..

-->

If you want to check gitlab and the available kernel then you can make your own opinion of those "releases"..

I don't get it, seriously.

Anyway, the current stand for our precious treasure is that you don't need a external adapter for Oreo.

I was suprised to see this kind of reception, altough Nexus 6p is beside Nexus 5 and Raspberry, the best supported device as Nexmon's little chart says.(*)

I, for my part am not that interested in a Nexmon support.Not that I wouldn't dismiss it, but there is no version that has both options - internal monitor mode and the usability of a external device.At least for Oreo.

As I mentioned a long paradoxically time ago, I had the idea to give Nethunter OS a shot.

The first barrier is the missing maintenance and development, of this awesomeness, even the fact that I am still very pi**ed by the so-called, working Oreo kernel.So I pseudo-philosophical wandered aimlessly trough dozen and dozen of github/gitlab commits, merge requests and so everything that I could find about our device.

That I fall back to this project is proof of my desperation to finally install a working version of Kali Nethunter, without Nougat's stock.

That the Oreo build(s) are not working is been proven by now.

I have absolutely no clue how the dev got it to work.
But there is no Pie kernel for the Shamu on the other hand, therefore absolutely nonsense..

As I proclaimed a couple of pages ago, Nethunter OS.

Okay.

I did my best to get it up to date, which implied the correct choice of the chroot, because the arm64 chroot seems to wreck the Nexmon functionality in general, obsolet pgp keys, of course the vendor which I had to find according to the release..

It's seni-fun, if I am being honest.

At the moment I am still in the process of getting it to work.
But I'm on the right path and am able to use nexutil and every single one of the dozens wlan adapter.. :p

Reason is that I don't want to use Stock Nougat, neither Pure Nexus, SuperExe or what stock related builds whatsoever.

If anyone is interested in my progress, is welcome to send a post here.

I had practically non-existent feedback, therefore I decided to post results or current status reports only on occasion if I feel like it.

:)

cheers!

Edit.

Grammar bomb.
Boyah. ^^

UsPdSr

If you would like a reliable portable Pentesting device, then I would recommend either the Samsung Galaxy S4, or if you want something a bit more reliable and way more portable, then the Oneplus 6 (or 6t?) is the right device for you...

HID, Ubertooth, Yardstick etc pp, the whole shebang.
Let's say you want to stealthily, covertly get your 9 dbm antenna, some of those Signal booster and your Ubertooth together with a decent Pineapple, and for recons, if you wanna get sure have the correct car battery, then of course you have to plug the entire setup into the battery, with the battery with the poles cross-attached and start all those devices and (this is the most important step, beside checking that the rigged (car) - battery connected with the poles on +/+ and - /- or look up YouTube for "car-battery, Nexus 6p, CPU and 200%, Oneplus caught right handed stealing Google's prototype for new Car-battery with CPU booster and long awaited triple RAM code..!".
Joke, but that included the self-explanatory patch.

If you don't want a trillion dollar, nevertheless cool and still portable device, maybe the Nvidia Shield tablet, or, altough not quite that astonishing, a used Toshiba with 4 gb ram and a couple of Raspberries (srsly(sic!).

I could go on, but I have to work..

Nonetheless, are the Nexmon abilities a joke let me be clearer, a funny prank for bored humans.

So, it's not that black/white (lil' pun) and very soon hopefully, not that much of a problem more, thankfully to kimocoder then.

It's no problem to quote me, but please not an old, old post, which intuition, clima, situation, mood etc I can't recapitulate.

I have the bullhead, which works flawlessly, beside the tiny screen, altough it doesn't weigh 3 pound like the Angler.

Oh, but the bullhead has a vibration motor which sets up everything in the surrounding area motion sensor thingy, I mean the people who lay beside someone in bed.

I appreciate the work and therefore understand very well what the Nethunter team is doing; this I couldn't quite understand from your reply [btw], just in case there are confusions, with the exception too worry about a amazing project, from an astonishing mind (binkybear), which over the time overloaded them with a huge pile of crappy maintenance work alone.

I follow this project even before Kali Pwn and am concerned after seeing the project gone, unstable, nearly dead,bit dead, re-awakening, re-re-awakening and so on.
You get the drift.

In any case.

With best regards

Last edited:
Reactions: hubrisnxs

Top Liked Posts