Nethunter Nexus 6P

Search This thread

UsPdSr

what does this mean?

Rember to erase and flash cache in fastboot and _stay away_ from the userdata.img by god..!

I think you refer to the warning of flashing the userdata.img and not to my misspell of the word 'remember'..

The factory image from google for this Android version contains a userdata.img, which should somebody always avoid if flashing those factory images

Reactions: BettyNutsz

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
So if I've already flashed the Google user data can I wipe it from within twrp?

I'm doing a full write up of the process for noobs like me. Will post it when it's done. Maybe it will help someone - it's a mine field of misinformation to get nethunter working on the 6p

Last edited:

UsPdSr

So if I've already flashed the Google user data can I wipe it from within twrp?

Not to my knowledge.

This particular image can resize your storage capacity.
I would seriously recommend that you read heisenberg's tutorial for beginner regarding the chapter about stock rom.
Some but not all is a good pointer.

I understand that you want to have this function on your phone, but in case you are not out of the game for some time, I would definitely recommend that you read into some topics, before you go ahead and hack the world or possibly brick your device. ;)

Just a friendly advice.

I'll keep checking the thread this evening as long as I am available, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

gl!

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
its annoying the hell out of me. All the stuff on nethunter ive been able to in BT & Kali on my notebook for the last 10 years. Its this OCD thing that now ive bought the phone and 'seen' that it can be done i have to finish it or ive wasted all this time. Its a like a ridiculous jigsaw puzzle that im almost at the end of and someones hidden the last pieces all over the entire internet. wtf

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

can you break down this part of the process please: 'Remember to erase and flash cache in fastboot and _stay away_ from the userdata.img by god..!'

Ive downgraded my 8.1.1 Nexus 6P to 7.1.1 (N4F26U) Using Fastboot (with CMD prompt in windows - with phone at bootloader) using the following commands:

a. fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-angler-angler-03.64.img
b. Fastboot reboot-bootloader
c. fastboot flash radio radio-angler-angler-03.78.img
d. fastboot flash boot boot.img
e. fastboot flash cache cache.img
f. fastboot flash system system.img
g. fastboot erase userdata
h. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
i. fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

Have i done something wrong or can i install twrp?

if ive done something wrong - what was it and how do i fix?

Last edited:

UsPdSr

its annoying the hell out of me. All the stuff on nethunter ive been able to in BT & Kali on my notebook for the last 10 years. Its this OCD thing that now ive bought the phone and 'seen' that it can be done i have to finish it or ive wasted all this time. Its a like a ridiculous jigsaw puzzle that im almost at the end of and someones hidden the last pieces all over the entire internet. wtf

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

can you break down this part of the process please: 'Remember to erase and flash cache in fastboot and _stay away_ from the userdata.img by god..!'

Ive downgraded my 8.1.1 Nexus 6P to 7.1.1 (N4F26U) Using Fastboot (with CMD prompt in windows - with phone at bootloader) using the following commands:

a. fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-angler-angler-03.64.img
b. Fastboot reboot-bootloader
c. fastboot flash radio radio-angler-angler-03.78.img
d. fastboot flash boot boot.img
e. fastboot flash cache cache.img
f. fastboot flash system system.img
g. fastboot erase userdata
h. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
i. fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

Have i done something wrong or can i install twrp?

if ive done something wrong - what was it and how do i fix?

Hrhr, like looking in a mirror.

*Every 2 minutes(little OCD pun).

I don't have my PC running so I have to relay on my memory, which is pretty good, but I would rather consult heisenberg's tutorial(s) to be sure.

I have the habit to wipe/delete/erase everything in Twrp, before going into the bootloader, so I never used the command 'erase userdata.img'.

As long as you didn't flash this image from the factory file, you are good to go, from what I can tell.

:)

I would appreciate a feedback.
I am for the next hour not available, but I check later for sure.

godspeed

Last edited:

UsPdSr

I flashed it with the files from your link: 7.1.1 (N4F26U, Apr 2017) https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aos...y-131d7b01.zip

I cant see in your guide where you're rooting the phone - are you using SuperSU or magisk? Im thinking that i'll copy over SuperSU (https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133) to the phone before i install twrp?

Thanks for your help!

Flash Twrp from within the bootloader(like you wrote earlier, which is correct), boot into Twrp via the hardware buttons, configure it according to your needs and then just flash Magisk.

From there boot up into the setup and let it 10-15 minutes 'sit' , update the apps you need/the ones which are necessary for some stuff like SystemView, enable developer options, installation from unknown sources etc, load the modules into Magisk(like the one I uploaded)..read the entry again(mine).
I tried to be as specific as I could.I wrote it after I setup ~4 new environments afterwards.

PS

I use in every rom Apps2SD, Titanium Backup and System App Remover beside a few more.

With the System App Remover you delete everything you want gone from this bloated stock roms(but be careful) and after the Kali Installer SuperSU.
And to be sure, Apps2SD removes everything to the last O from the storage..

Last edited:

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
when though the whole process and still no power to the TL-WN722N.

The only thing that i may have done incorrectly:

1. I installed the nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip (from your guide) via twrp after installing Magisk-v19.2.zip via twrp. Maybe i needed to to install Nethunter via magisk manager app?
2. I used Magisk-v19.2.zip. Maybe i should have used magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip from your guide - i didnt know what magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip was?

As a side note:

1. When i open the Nethunter ap and select the Kali Chroot Manager from the side menu and it checks..the out put is: an existing kali chroot directory was found!
2. When i run ifconfig in NHTerminal the output is:

BUS 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
BUS 001 Device 002: ID 0cf3:9271 Atheros Communications, Inc. AR9271 802.11n
BUS 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any ideas - v welcome

Last edited:

UsPdSr

when though the whole process and still no power to the TL-WN722N.

The only thing that i may have done incorrectly:

1. I installed the nethunter-angler-nougat-kalifs-full-3.20-20170719-1633.zip (from your guide) via twrp after installing Magisk-v19.2.zip via twrp. Maybe i needed to to install Nethunter via magisk manager app?
2. I used Magisk-v19.2.zip. Maybe i should have used magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip from your guide - i didnt know what magisk-permissive-script_v1.2.zip was?

As a side note:

1. When i open the Nethunter ap and select the Kali Chroot Manager from the side menu and it checks..the out put is: an existing kali chroot directory was found!
2. When i run ifconfig in NHTerminal the output is:

Any ideas - v welcome

Looks like the installation process was successful.
Good that you flashed Magisk before SuperSU.

I removed it simply with one of the Apps mentioned above.

The script is important because it sets SElinux to permissive, altough it's from kernel to kernel different and you can do it by using the terminal on occasion.

If you want you can use the latest nethunter.apk and term-nh.apk, but it sounds that that isn't the problem, if you can use them without problems.
The rest is just trial & error and looking those particular errors up. :/

PS

Beside Nali Kethunter, I am not such a fan from this module, but you are welcome to try.

Last edited:

UsPdSr

PS

2. When i run ifconfig in NHTerminal //

At the point I describe the neverending "phy0.. interface setting", which is a outdated script and without result, therefore pointless.

Don't bother with ifconfig, just type

'airmon-ng'

altough as soon as you type 'airmon-ng check kill' you see if your device is being recognized as possible interface option.

The rest shouldn't be unheard-of for you.Simple

'airmon-ng start wlan1'

..hopefully.

Last edited:

UsPdSr

is this the correct busybox?:

https://apkpure.com/busybox-for-android/com.jrummy.busybox.installer/download?from=details

....that i install after Magisk but before removing SuperSU app?

hm?

You not necessarily have to install BusyBox as separate app, even if you install it via Magisk*.

For example, I have not even installed it with a kernel later in the chain and SuperSu, but if you decide to install SuperSu instead of Magisk, then is the recommendation by diverse Nethunter dev's and my personal experience as well, the one from a dev named Mfeek or anything similar.
Afair this one doesn't have a paid version, but I can look it up..

BusyBox by meefik.

I don't really understand what the purpose is, but I am happy to help.. :)

* I can think of a error in which Nethunter gives the error message of a missing SuperSU/Busybox, which is caused by a invalid su installation..this is from my experience with this.

Hope I could help.

Oh, and all the apps you need, did I name, correctly, but I can be mistaken.

Apps2SD (Pro) (little Android, blue)
System App Remover (red logo)
Titanium Backup (Pro) (the one and only, I hope, but sth. golden)

Send me a PM if you need the links, editing here etc

Last edited:

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
the only reason i asked about busybox was because you had said about installing it in your guide....:

This installer flashes SuperSU, but it doesn't matter.
Just install Magisk first, set it up and install BusyBox.
After the installation of Kali Nethunter, just go ahead and remove the SuperSU app with Titanium backup, the System App Remover or another App Manager with the necessary permissions.

If its not needed to get the wifi card working then i wont install it. Thanks

I'll rebuild my Nexus 6P to stock and go though the whole process again - see if i can get the wifi card to detect...

Last edited:

UsPdSr

the only reason i asked about busybox was because you had said about installing it in your guide....:

If its not needed to get the wifi card working then i wont install it. Thanks

I'll rebuild my Nexus 6P to stock and go though the whole process again - see if i can get the wifi card to detect...

Ah, I see.

Of course I did not know, that you aren't familiar with Magisk or the respective modules at all, sry.

Did you find the Nethunter-Magisk reference through the search?

I was under the impression that you have or had experience accordingly. :)

Why the conplete wipe?

But okay.

gl then!

Strike the removal of the Nethunter App & the according Terminal, therefore you can dismiss the installation/copy of a seperate termimal.
The Selinux Mode Changer isn't necessary if you use the script, which I uploaded.

I don't take any guarantees for the rest, as I have not the time to overlook it.In specific the steps you couldn't find in the postings before.

Again, gl

Last edited:

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
A attempt of keep it a bit more specific in regard of the necessary files and the according flashing order.

If someone does have a interest in this matter, he/she is welcome to quote me here and I come back to the user as soon as I can. :)

Just interested in your progress. I'm hoping to use an external wifi adapter.. How did you update nethunterOS? And stuff?

BettyNutsz

Mar 28, 2019
London
Reactions: dirtyreturn

UsPdSr

Just interested in your progress. I'm hoping to use an external wifi adapter.. How did you update nethunterOS? And stuff?

You can orientate the installation on the tutorial/steps, which BettyNutsz and I posted before.

The setup of NethunterOS is a bit tricky and I wouldn't recommend it in regard of the missing updates.

I have succeeded to run it, even with the functionality of using a external WiFi adapter, by installing a seperate Kernel.

I have it currently running and tried several methods to customize it and foremost tweak the battery consumption, which is a b*tch.

I use Amplify and Greenify.The framework of Xposed doesn't mess with the kernel, but I have to say, that the rom is unfortunately outdated. :(

I am happy to write you the basic steps up to get it running, but I would recommend to go with the Nougat installation, because it's much speedier.

How is it, BettyNutsz ?

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

i think this is what allowed me to update:

wget -q -O - https://archive.kali.org/archive-key.asc | apt-key add (message should appear with 'OK' )

then:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

or apt-get update && apt-get upgrade (not sure if this works in NH its a bash command)

Totally correct, buddy.

You are already in sudo, so it doesn't matter in that case.

(sudo) apt-get dist-upgrade,
is possible as well.

This particular command is important, so that the GPG key are getting validated.

It is a common solution for different Kali installation(Raspberry, Nethunter etc..)

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Even tough the main developer/maintainer botched the the kernel up, someone released a tool, which corrects the size of the bootanimation of nethunter, finally.

If you don't want to use it withit RootExplorer, it's simply installable via Twrp.

Hf :)

https://mega.nz/#!QVAySaqL!Y7t7E845ZvzbIDV7lpWi-H30ahUQwjDtPzhfgXZTpSg

PS

To be specific, the link above, is a functional nethunter bootanimation for our the device.I could correct the height and width of the animation with the new tool.
You don't have to endure the annoying edges.

dirtyreturn, if you want the the tutorial to get binkybear's rom to work, I can post you the regarding link/files..I just recommend the usage of the 7.1.1 stock installation.

Just send me a message here or via PM..

PPS

Coincidentally I came across a very interesting & informative thread or in this case a issue report on github.

I wiped my phone, because I didn't want the restrictions regarding speed eg. and the power consumption of some adapter made problems, so I am back to Aosip 8.1.

This is the most reliable and fastest rom, so far.

I post the link later..it's very interesting.

https://github.com/rithvikvibhu/nh-magisk-wifi-firmware/issues/11

'Informative' is perhaps the wrong word, in my eyes it is quite sad to read.

Is this user still active?

Last edited:

UsPdSr

So, yesterday I visited the local electronic market and found the Samsung Galaxy S4 tablet.
It cost only 550 $.But hey, i can always resort to my Gemini PDA for hilariously 650 $.

I was sure that the Nexus 6p isn't ideal for a chroot with such options, but that doesn't matter, because it is a hell of a device especially for this age.
Dual Boot doesn't work, as well.

I not so happy about the development of Nethunter.

At least did I know that ~70% of the kernel are unusable.

I decided a couple of weeks ago, that I buy a Nexus 5 or 5x solely for this purpose.
The point is that I use a kernel by a dev who has proofen that it works.Just look at the 5x dev forum..

I have no energy left to geht this thing running in Oreo and I wish that kimocoder would be so kind to explain how external adapter are suppose to work and wtf shamu Pie is.

peace out

PS

Excuse the grammar, but I am using a temporary rom, which isn't configured.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts